Player Photo in colour wearing Red Away Top 1978-1982

RobRoy1975

Alright all,

As the topic says I'm after a colour photograph of any Rangers player (alive and well, as I also wish my shirt to get signed by whoever) wearing the red away top from 1978 to 1982. I need this as an insert for getting my original replica shirt (not Toffs) professionally framed ASAP to protect and preserve it.

I would be very grateful if anyone can supply one or point me in the right direction as a search on google is proving challenging.

Cheers ;)

post-90077-0-81893700-1385297639_thumb.j

That's the first time I've seen that red top.

It's a bloody cracker!!

Probably one of the best Rangers topsI think II've ever seen.

Would be good if they made some new replicas to sell in the superstore. I would definitely buy one.

For some reason the replicas had a massive floppy collar about three times the size of the collar on the match versions the players wore.

Harry Hill Loyal.

The Rangers and Man Utd legends shirt was very similar to that old home top, and one of the reasons i got it, thats deffo when my love for our club cemented from child to teen, always puts a smile on my face when i think about those days, might not have been our more prolific time but strength of character was in abundance, love these we nostalgic trips down memory lane good stuff

:7325:

For some reason the replicas had a massive floppy collar about three times the size of the collar on the match versions the players wore.

Harry Hill Loyal.

Your so right.

I've a photo of me with it on and my collar came to my shoulders..after big collars were cool i might add..

I was 9 and maybe it was a size too big

That red top was my first ever gers top. A long, long time ago now!! Had the short sleeve version as the long sleeve version was hard to get back in those days, or maybe other way around? It was over thirty years ago to be fair!

That red top was my first ever gers top. A long, long time ago now!! Had the short sleeve version as the long sleeve version was hard to get back in those days, or maybe other way around? It was over thirty years ago to be fair!

Aye was the other way round. Long sleeved tops were the norm and the short sleeve harder to get............. i think haha!