Rangers vs Borussia Dortmund 1966 footage

OlegKuznetsov

apologies for the interference on the image.

Short highlights of Rangers beating Dortmund 2-1 in the first leg of 66/67 ECWC. The second leg was goalless so Rangers progressed, and went all the way to the final in Nuremburg. At the time Dortmund were the defending champions.

I remember it well.

The Dortmund goal was not offside since the ball came off a Rangers player. However Held left the fied to avoid being offside and then re entered the field of play without the ref's permission so the game should have been stopped at that point.

Also the header from Alex Smith was a really good goal.

I remember the incidents but how did we go through. Did we actually win that game because I thought we got a draw in Germany but I can't really remember.

apologies for the interference on the image.

Short highlights of Rangers beating Dortmund 2-1 in the first leg of 66/67 ECWC. The second leg was goalless so Rangers progressed, and went all the way to the final in Nuremburg. At the time Dortmund were the defending champions.

IIRC Dortmund had beaten Liverpool in the previous final.

Liverpool had knocked out the scum in the Semi.

When Liverpool got home they realised ra shellick had nicked their favourite song.