Graham Dorrans and Callum Paterson

jdonald755

A coupleof years ago i would have been chomping at the bit to sign Dorrans but now with our financial status and his wage demands and lack of football i would say no unless he was prepared to drop to 7-8k a week which is almost impossible to believe. Paterson im unsure about how old is he?

Graham Dorrans is one of us. Taken from an earlier RM thread.

West Brom star Graham Dorrans has revealed how he used to marvel at the magic of Paul Gascoigne during the England legend’s stint in Glasgow.

The 23-year-old midfielder is currently being idolised by Baggies fans following his sensational displays in the blue and white stripes.

But as a boy Dorrans was the one admiring a midfield hero of his own from the Ibrox stands.

As a young Rangers fan, he saw Gascoigne in action during his successful three-seasons at the club.

And the proud Scot even admitted that he cheered the Geordie’s stunning strike against Scotland during Euro ’96.

“When I was growing up I watched people like Gazza and Brian Laudrup play at Rangers,” the ex-Livingston man said.

“Gazza was an exceptional talent, especially up in Scotland where you don’t get many people like that.

“He was a fantastic player and I even cheered when he scored by flicking it over Colin Hendry’s head and volleying it in the bottom corner past Andy Goram – that’s how much I enjoyed watching him. I wouldn’t say I was a secret England fan though, I was just a Gazza fan.

“I wouldn’t say I based my game on Gazza, he’s an exceptional talent and it would take a lot to get anywhere near the level of somebody like that.

“But just watching players like that week in, week out can only help you get better.”

Been linked with him before too.

Rangers are weighing up an audacious loan bid for West Bromwich Albion's Scotland international Graham Dorrans.

Manager Walter Smith has pleaded with the Ibrox board for January recruits to bolster his squad for their SPL title bid and the knockout stages of the Europa League.

And while the English Premier League club wouldn't sell Dorrans, a loan stint back in Scotland could kick-start the midfielder's career following a recent spell on the bench at the Hawthorns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1334249/Rangers-eye-loan-deal-Graham-Dorrans--EXCLUSIVE.html

Read the other day that St Johnstone are looking for 800k for Stevie May.

Young, Scottish, banging in the goals.....could be a shout.

Suggested him in the summer, think he was in some kind of contract limbo, now cost 800k.

I agree with the Paterson suggestion. Raw but would learn loads from JD

Read the other day that St Johnstone are looking for 800k for Stevie May.

Young, Scottish, banging in the goals.....could be a shout.

Suggested him in the summer, think he was in some kind of contract limbo, now cost 800k.

I agree with the Paterson suggestion. Raw but would learn loads from JD