Who is side stepping Mr McGovern ?

D'Artagnan

Some of you may remember Jim McGovern from my previous articles. He and I exchanged a number of, less than courteous letters a few months ago. This was as a result of his support for George Galloway's Early Day Motion 913, with McGovern being the only Scottish based MP to pledge his support to the motion.

http://www.parliamen...edm/2012-13/913

During the aforementioned exchange I asked Mr McGovern to provide any evidence that Rangers had “side stepped” their tax liability, as such an allegation ran contrary to what we as shareholders had been informed in writing. Needless to say Mr McGovern failed to provide any evidence whatsoever which would would justify the allegations set out in EDM 913, or warrant support for them.

Perhaps we should not be surprised by Mr McGovern's support of this motion which are a slur on our club, he has a tendency to make allegations without reasonable foundation.

http://newsnetscotla...cism-slurs.html

Its interesting that Joe Fitzpatrick MSP uses the word “hypocritical” to describe Mr McGovern. Depriving the British public of tax revenue is not something Mr McGovern can himself claim a clean sheet on. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

http://www.express.c...s-taxpayers-27k

But Jim has raised his head above the parapet once again, much to the chagrin of a number of his constituents, and suggested the Foreign Office investigate claims by Celtic supporters regarding events in Amsterdam.

http://www.thecourie...eg_success=true

This has left a number of his constituents in his parliamentary constituency of Dundee West somewhat bemused. And understandably so. Many of them remember a December weekend last year which saw some of the worst football disturbances in Scottish football in recent times and which were described by Dundee FC Operations Manager Jim Thomson as follows :-

“I have never seen anything like the behaviour of the Celtic fans in the 20 years I have been running games at Dens Park.

“The situation was almost unmanageable and I have never seen so many people drunk.

“Our fans were abused, our stewards were abused and no doubt the police were abused. The turnstile operators were visibly shaken.

“The away fans had no respect for their surroundings — they were doing the toilet where they stood.

“I had Celtic fans come up to me to tell me they were ‘embarrassed’ by their fans’ behaviour.”

The people of Dundee are still waiting for a statement from Mr McGovern condemning such behaviour.

But it's refreshing to see Mr McGovern embark on a journey demanding, clarity, accountability and transparency. Perhaps in a similar vein he could provide such clarity with regard to his annual staffing expenses which amount to a staggering £ 115,581.17 for a back bench MP. To put this into some kind of perspective his own party leader, Ed Miliband, and of course leader of the opposition has annual staffing costs of £ 93,747.42 . ££££

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - BEARS DEN !!!!!!!

Ffs d'art this is the most tenuous link to Rangers on an article of yours - ever - this has nought to do with Rangers or the Bears Den !!

D'Art is simply letting us know that Mr Jim McGovern is not fit to be an MP, the very fact he is a Rangers Hater deserves to be in the Bears Den.

Wow - BEARS DEN !!!!!!!

Ffs d'art this is the most tenuous link to Rangers on an article of yours - ever - this has nought to do with Rangers or the Bears Den !!

What am I to do with you BP 9 ? Ive even shown Joe FItzpatrick in a good light (excellent MSP btw) so you cant accuse me of bias.

A man who wishes to condemn us as side stepping our tax liability has a "tenuous" link to Rangers ? So EDM 913 has nothing to do with our club - is that what you are telling us ? Seriously ?

What am I to do with you BP 9 ? Ive even shown Joe FItzpatrick in a good light (excellent MSP btw) so you cant accuse me of bias.

A man who wishes to condemn us as side stepping our tax liability has a "tenuous" link to Rangers ? So EDM 913 has nothing to do with our club - is that what you are telling us ? Seriously ?

No, he just doesn't like confrontation and believes we should just ignore the world.

Was the question not treated with the contempt it deserved ? But his lack of action and his call for the Amsterdam investigation both deserve contempt and both have fuck all to do with Rangers - and the BD everyone tells me is about Rangers and this latest post has fk all to do with us and you know it!

Some of you may remember Jim McGovern from my previous articles. He and I exchanged a number of, less than courteous letters a few months ago. This was as a result of his support for George Galloway's Early Day Motion 913, with McGovern being the only Scottish based MP to pledge his support to the motion.

During the aforementioned exchange I asked Mr McGovern to provide any evidence that Rangers had “side stepped” their tax liability, as such an allegation ran contrary to what we as shareholders had been informed in writing. Needless to say Mr McGovern failed to provide any evidence whatsoever which would would justify the allegations set out in EDM 913, or warrant support for them.

Perhaps we should not be surprised by Mr McGovern's support of this motion which are a slur on our club, he has a tendency to make allegations without reasonable foundation.

Its interesting that Joe Fitzpatrick MSP uses the word “hypocritical” to describe Mr McGovern. Depriving the British public of tax revenue is not something Mr McGovern can himself claim a clean sheet on. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

But Jim has raised his head above the parapet once again, much to the chagrin of a number of his constituents, and suggested the Foreign Office investigate claims by Celtic supporters regarding events in Amsterdam.

This has left a number of his constituents in his parliamentary constituency of Dundee West somewhat bemused. And understandably so. Many of them remember a December weekend last year which saw some of the worst football disturbances in Scottish football in recent times and which were described by Dundee FC Operations Manager Jim Thomson as follows :-

The people of Dundee are still waiting for a statement from Mr McGovern condemning such behaviour.

But it's refreshing to see Mr McGovern embark on a journey demanding, clarity, accountability and transparency. Perhaps in a similar vein he could provide such clarity with regard to his annual staffing expenses which amount to a staggering £ 115,581.17 for a back bench MP. To put this into some kind of perspective his own party leader, Ed Miliband, and of course leader of the opposition has annual staffing costs of £ 93,747.42 . ££££

You know an articles hitting the spot when bluepeter9 doesn't like it.

Was the question not treated with the contempt it deserved ? But his lack of action and his call for the Amsterdam investigation both deserve contempt and both have fuck all to do with Rangers - and the BD everyone tells me is about Rangers and this latest post has fk all to do with us and you know it!

Stop showing ridiculous petulance BP 9. You have been well warned by admin previously of impersonating the forum Police.

It does not matter if the question was treated with contempt - it was solely about our club and has been reproduced here. Are you going to tell me it has "fk all to do with us " ?

Stop showing ridiculous petulance BP 9. You have been well warned by admin previously of impersonating the forum Police.

It does not matter if the question was treated with contempt - it was solely about our club and has been reproduced here. Are you going to tell me it has "fk all to do with us " ?

Now ur getting touchy - IMHO your don't belong and I have already given my reasons - of course if you don't want me to comment don't post it ! Or post it someplace like vb where I am sure they will fawn all over it

Wow - BEARS DEN !!!!!!!

Why do you always get embroiled in subjects that you clearly have no input to...... .stay out if them and give us all peace.

This is what we have to do D'Art.......keep at these corrupt cnuts and good on you....keeo fighting the fight.!!!!!!!

Now ur getting touchy - IMHO your don't belong and I have already given my reasons - of course if you don't want me to comment don't post it ! Or post it someplace like vb where I am sure they will fawn all over it

Your reasons dont stack up - is EDM 913 about our club ? I note you have avoided answering that one continually.

I dont mind you commenting - but I do object to having defend my right to post a Rangers related article in the Bears Den.

You did it in the last thread I started as well and were warned by admin. These articles are posted on 5 different Rangers forums - the only person to question either their suitability or relevance to Rangers is you.

D'art doesn't even need to post in his own topics to keep it up the top of the forum. Bp9 and co do that for him

Well played bp9 for constantly bumping d'arts thread in the BD that you don't think belongs there :sherlock:

Yep that old reverse psychology trick!!

tough one for me as the irony is not lost on me !

I decide to post as I think it's wrong and will just have to suffer the publicity dart gets - as dart likes to say "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.' ( or similar)

Yep that old reverse psychology trick!!

tough one for me as the irony is not lost on me !

I decide to post as I think it's wrong and will just have to suffer the publicity dart gets - as dart likes to say "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.' ( or similar)

Another post in a thread you dint like and don't think belongs here. Well played

d'art yes sir i firmly believe in your posting of this is relevant, these mp's etc were lining up to boot us every which way, so with the impending SCANDAL of preferential land deals with Glasgow C.C , land worth millions ,sold for a pound, preferential loans from the co-op, yes we need to put all of this out there because if the shoe was on the other foot they would not hesitate.

D'Art is simply letting us know that Mr Jim McGovern is not fit to be an MP, the very fact he is a Rangers Hater deserves to be in the Bears Den.

Totally agree with you and the sooner some Rangers fans waken up the better.They have tried to destroy our club on all fronts and some of our support are turning a blind eye.Wakey Wakey.

He clearly didn't read it in his rush to be offended D'Art

Hope you don't mind but I've shared it in other places