Personally, I don't miss that O&! F@*! fixture. What about you?

OlegKuznetsov

Do you miss that fixture?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss that fixture?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be in an environment with them in it. It churns my stomach to think of their presence within our stadium.

I'd never have them in our stadium again given the choice.No doubt it will happen but as far as i'm concerned the positives of an old firm tie are FAR outweighed by the negatives.The behaviour of all things TIM in this last year has been totally disgusting and their absolute bitterness towards us has shocked me .Thought i knew the old firm story inside out but never thought they'd put their hatred of us and their disgusting politics before their own club ,as they have done countless times now as recently as the Millan game. I'm sure the on next old firm game it will be so hostile in and around Glasgow it'll be the police who ask " do we need old firm games ?''

Honestly what is there to miss ? A few thousand ricket ridden hate filled piss stained and reekin of chip fat green and grey tops and a team full of nobodies managed by a hate filled Rangers obsessed hating bigot coming twice a season to fly their vile banners and sing their heinous songs of anti British hate ? Then after a match read in the rhags who are ran and manipulated by snake mountain pr how sectarian The Rangers and Their Fans are because of some trivial incident ? Na keep it I'll stick with the boring games we are watching at the moment enjoy a few sherbets and get back to the away trips and let the future take it's course ! Happy As A Pig In Shit Loyal !

Partially, only because I love the buzz within the Rangers Fans and how psyched we all use to get when meeting in the pubs before games or wherever we were in UK. I have been in England waiting to see a of game and the atmosphere with fellow bears has been amazing :)

But I won't be so forgiving for all that has been done. Call me a stubborn old crow, I will take that tag. They continue their bile against us to this day so as far as I am concerned they can get stuffed.

I won't vilify anyone who does go to the games though when we do meet them again. Fair play and I hope we ram their faces in the dirt!

I don't miss it.

After the events of the last few years I just can't stand that entire institution. My opinion is that there was a lot of people that have always held a deep seated hatred for them, and those people are the ones that miss the rivalry. They have always known how obsessed the scum have been with us, I never understood this before.

My real dislike for them really only started kicking in after 2005. Prior to that, having been raised on the 9 in a row years, I didn't really regard them as anything more odious than Aberdeen. My football consciousness only really started in the early 80's and at the time Aberdeen seemed to be the main rivals. I guess the win at Parkhead in 99 was probably a sign of the hatred but for some reason I put that down to a one off "game of shame" fuelled by a late kick off on a Sunday before a Bank Holiday and too much alcohol consumed. How wrong I was.

In my youth, the likes of Peter Grant were the worst we had to face from their lot. But enter stage left Neil Lennon and the hatred just seemed to escalate.... then John Reid came onto the scene and it went up another few notches. Since the fiasco of 2008 my transformation to utter contempt for them was complete. What has happened over the last 3 years just solidified that contempt to the point that I would be happy if we never had to see them again.

I am not an advocate for leaving Scottish football, its our country, its our league, we belong here. We fly our country's flag above our stadium and we have a proud tradition of being a Scottish club. I genuinely would not lose a wink of sleep if Celtic shut their gates and ceased to exist or even if they somehow managed to convince another league to have them.

I will be a very happy man the day Ally McCoist lifts the trophy to regain our Champion of Scotland title.... having to play the scum on the way to that goal is just an unfortunate fact of life

I don't miss it.

After the events of the last few years I just can't stand that entire institution. My opinion is that there was a lot of people that have always held a deep seated hatred for them, and those people are the ones that miss the rivalry. They have always known how obsessed the scum have been with us, I never understood this before.

My real dislike for them really only started kicking in after 2005. Prior to that, having been raised on the 9 in a row years, I didn't really regard them as anything more odious than Aberdeen. My football consciousness only really started in the early 80's and at the time Aberdeen seemed to be the main rivals. I guess the win at Parkhead in 99 was probably a sign of the hatred but for some reason I put that down to a one off "game of shame" fuelled by a late kick off on a Sunday before a Bank Holiday and too much alcohol consumed. How wrong I was.

In my youth, the likes of Peter Grant were the worst we had to face from their lot. But enter stage left Neil Lennon and the hatred just seemed to escalate.... then John Reid came onto the scene and it went up another few notches. Since the fiasco of 2008 my transformation to utter contempt for them was complete. What has happened over the last 3 years just solidified that contempt to the point that I would be happy if we never had to see them again.

I am not an advocate for leaving Scottish football, its our country, its our league, we belong here. We fly our country's flag above our stadium and we have a proud tradition of being a Scottish club. I genuinely would not lose a wink of sleep if Celtic shut their gates and ceased to exist or even if they somehow managed to convince another league to have them.

I will be a very happy man the day Ally McCoist lifts the trophy to regain our Champion of Scotland title.... having to play the scum on the way to that goal is just an unfortunate fact of life

I would add Martin O'Neill to that list. In fact, I believe he was a key instigator with his sectarian form of anti-sectarianism.

After he went "baws deep" putting the boot into The Billy Boys, this was his response when asked about his own side.

I would add Martin O'Neill to that list. In fact, I believe he was a key instigator with his sectarian form of anti-sectarianism.

After he went "baws deep" putting the boot into The Billy Boys, this was his response when asked about his own side.

Agree with this. The arrival of O'Neil was instrumental in the hatred that we have seen in the past few years. He was very clever on how he came over in the media but more than once "the mask slipped" and we seen the real person behind it.

Lennon is a natural successor in playing the victim card.

"Always cheated never defeated", its the Celtic way.

I love Old Firm games, half the joy in winning the League is knowing you've bested them, I don't like them but to be the best you've got to beat the best or else the title would feel cheap, thats what happened with their SPL title last year and will happen with their 2 Premiership titles before we're back, it'll feel cheap because in the eyes of the majority they didn't beat the best opposition to win it (us)

As for the games itself, I don't miss all the nonsense that goes with the games but the tension, atmosphere, colour and history, its a major marker for our game, it helps attract players who otherwise might not see moving to Scotland as a competitive environment, it gives our entire League that big game feel, the Old Firm has such historical ties to it that its a huge benefit to everyone connected to it, it attracts viewers from all over the world, excites fans, gives everyone involved an edge, makes our game look big and important.

We (as a football nation) need this fixture

I remember the excitement surrounding the fixture and at the time it was great. However I would rather never play them again given that any notion of rivalry has gone.

I always disliked RAceltic in the past just because that's what Rangers fans do, but after the last couple of years I have been flabbergasted and thoroughly sickened by the actions of their fans, club and Management.

I could never have imagined the sheer depth of hatred and wickedness they have demonstrated towards our club and fans. What makes it worse is how cowardly and orchestrated their campaign against us has been. They waited until we were at our weakest point, with no one to stand up for us and then went for us.

The term used ironically by SDM was ( bayoneting the wounded while lying on the ground ) is so fitting. So no I have no desire to be anywhere near them.

I don't miss it.

o'neill, lennon and reid have created more hate and division since they arrived at parkhead in this country than any other person connected to either club. And the scary thing is reid was in just about every top job in blairs government from NI Secretary to Defence Secretary, you wonder how much damage was done to the security of the country taking into consideration his known sympathy's. Frightening ! (tu);):sherlock: