Nicky Law

nvager

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forms dipped and doesn't seem to be playing as well as when he first signed.

My concern is how often has this happened over the last few years? They come to us sharp, in form and dominating in poorer sides and then seem to go backwards with us! Is it coaching, style of play, attitude??? Who was the last player we signed who significantly improved after joining us???

My concern is how often has this happened over the last few years? They come to us sharp, in form and dominating in poorer sides and then seem to go backwards with us! Is it coaching, style of play, attitude??? Who was the last player we signed who significantly improved after joining us???

Lee Wallace.

Lee Wallace.

Has he significantly improved??? The year before he signed for us before his injury he was flying and was seen as the first choice left back for Scotland.....even then If we were to say he has improved with us....he is clearly in the minority!

Law for me is a good playmaker but as others are saying our midfield is unbalanced by players out of position, i would maybe go with a dimond with Black DM Law AM and Macleod, Aird/Temps or Mckay either side to pull off down the channels when we are attacking. Peralta offers little where he is and if we must play him the a more natural RB position could suit him better and Faure could get a chance at CB to see how him and Mohsni work together.

I think to get the best out of law we need to go to a 3 in midfield which would mean either going.

3-5-2

Bell

Faure

Moshini

Jig

Wallace (wb)

Law

Black

Macleod

Perralta (wb)

Daly

Clark

Or going with a 4-3-3

Bell

Wallace

Moshini

Jig

Foster

Black

Law

Macleod

McKay/aird

Daly

Templeton

Law for me is a good playmaker but as others are saying our midfield is unbalanced by players out of position, i would maybe go with a dimond with Black DM Law AM and Macleod, Aird/Temps or Mckay either side to pull off down the channels when we are attacking. Peralta offers little where he is and if we must play him the a more natural RB position could suit him better and Faure could get a chance at CB to see how him and Mohsni work together.

I would put Peralta on the bench mate

I would give him a chance at RB first as he mainly plays either there or DM for Honduras seems sad to write him off without him having had at least a couple of games in his best position.

(tu)Fair points and maybe worth a try at right back. I havent been that impressd with him so far.

(tu)Fair points and maybe worth a try at right back. I havent been that impressd with him so far.

Me neither but i appreciate hes come from a different continent and been played out of position so far, he could still come good for us but keeping him in the RM position is not doing him any favours and if the fans turn on him he could struggle even more.

Sheils Templeton, Black in his first season only, are players who seem to have lost all the ability they had.

The fact of the matter is our team consists of a centre back at right back, a striker at centre back, four central midfielders, two of which playing on the left and right. An absolute joke. Bit don't you dare say a bad word against McCoist bla bla bla.

Best football player in team.

When he's not at his best seems to me Black's not at his best either. Unfortunately cant see the likes of Crawford, and now Peralta, helping solve the problem of who can cover for either of those two at times.

Would be nice to get another constructive confident midfielder in there.

Best football player in team.

When he's not at his best seems to me Black's not at his best either. Unfortunately cant see the likes of Crawford, and now Peralta, helping solve the problem of who can cover for either of those two at times.

Would be nice to get another constructive confident midfielder in there.

Technically i don't think he is as good as Lewis MacLeod. In fact, technically Nicky is rather limited though he does have a wonderful engine.

Technically i don't think he is as good as Lewis MacLeod. In fact, technically Nicky is rather limited though he does have a wonderful engine.

An Alex McDonald type player who can play a pass.

McLeod is by far the most skillfull player we have.

Ironic we have all those foreign guys but our moat skillfull player is home grown and Blue.

This guy has to be our Nuecliuse.

I like Law, he brings a bit of urgency to the midfield most of the time, something that was lacking last season.

I also think Black is being played too deep, I remember him particularly with ICT as a player who could drive forward from midfield, today he was picking the ball up on halfway and pinging long diagonal passes, some of them came off and some didn't.