Nicky Law

nvager

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic Rangers, players in recent years join us and gradually get worse and worse. Makes you wonder what happens at training.

Can't remember the last player we signed who actually improved considerably.

Jelavic? Naismith? Mohsini? Lee Wallace? There just off the top of my head.

Think before you speak :lol:

Classic Rangers, players in recent years join us and gradually get worse and worse. Makes you wonder what happens at training.

Can't remember the last player we signed who actually improved considerably.

That's nonsense. So many players have proved their worth at Rangers time after time. What is certain is that playing for Rangers will find a player out, and that is still the case; playing in a smaller league hasn't diminished that in any way whatsoever.

That's nonsense. So many players have proved their worth at Rangers time after time. What is certain is that playing for Rangers will find a player out, and that is still the case; playing in a smaller league hasn't diminished that in any way whatsoever.

Ok then, name me a player who under our current management team has significantly improved as a player after signing for us???

:lol: well I tell you what....you define 'recent' as whenever you want and then come back and answer who was the last player to significantly improve after signing for us!

But I did set it. And his point was that players got worse. How could they have got worse when we won leagues? If you are asking me to which players has Ally signed in the last year that have 'significantly improve[d]' then that becomes a bit more difficult because there are issues still facing the club when it comes to who he can buy, and the job he expects them to do to get us back to the top league. Apart from Ally's signings, then some of the other players have improved. Lewis MacLeod has improved; we can't really appreciate if Lee Wallace has improved as a player, his Scotland form seemed fairly impressive in a match he played in, so we can take it he has not got 'worse'. If you say players have got worse under Ally, I don't think any manager is going to get every signing right, at the best of times, and I don't think there is anything out of the ordinary as regards Rangers compared to any other club.

Id say the last player to significantly improve after joining us was Naismith. As much as I hate him he was fantastic for us before he left and definitely better than he was when he joined.

More down to Walter probably.

I agree. Whether a player has got worse or not obviously can't be fairly gauged if it is a subjective thing, so it would have to be on statistics of games/wins ratios, games/goal for and against ratios. The problem in this league is that many of our wins don't signify great progress in the eyes of many, and it is hard to tell how each player would perform against the best. Ally's first couple of seasons in the top league will be a fairer assessment of these things possibly. Right now, we can only play who we are up against, and we are doing well in that regard.

He was signed on the back of 1 good season at Motherwell, how was the rest of his career?

There's an endless list of players who have a good season or 2 in the SPL then move on and never reach the heights again. It's up to him to show that he's more than a 1 season wonder.

You really cant say we have ruined a player who has 1 good season in 8.