Hearts - Celtic.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye they are playing good stuff this year apparently, decent squad as well, McIness has done a good job.

The game against Falkirk they were excellent. I needed a Falkirk goal that night for 102 quid. Falkirk done well but went 1 down then 2 down not long after and it was game over.

They went for it from the start against Aberdeen unlike yesterday

So if they get to the final with us we pull out?

Whit?

You know exactly the point I'm trying to make.

The longer the season goes on the better our team will become, giving us a better chance to beat them.

As it stands at the moment I think they would beat us, if we can get a few decent SPL sides in the next few rounds, and progress, it will stand us in a better position to beat Celtic in a semi or final.

Yeah if we are at home I would be happy with playing them. At Pittodrie or Tannadice, I wouldn't fancy our chances.

When a team will come at us I think it will be better for us tbh. We've now played Falkirk and QOTS and both have sat in and made it hard. Aberdeen and co would fancy their chances of beating us so would have a go and I think that's when we'd be seen at our best. Just IMO tho

Whit?

You know exactly the point I'm trying to make.

The longer the season goes on the better our team will become, giving us a better chance to beat them.

As it stands at the moment I think they would beat us, if we can get a few decent SPL sides in the next few rounds, and progress, it will stand us in a better position to beat Celtic in a semi or final.

But you've decided we don't want Aberdeen or united now either. We will need to play better sides as the tournament goes on. I'd rather if we were to go out to the papes it would be in a 4th or 5th round than losing a final to them

The game against Falkirk they were excellent. I needed a Falkirk goal that night for 102 quid. Falkirk done well but went 1 down then 2 down not long after and it was game over.

They went for it from the start against Aberdeen unlike yesterday

I was surprised at Falkirk yesterday, I thought they would have really went for it, I don't think they threatened our goal that much, a few good crosses into the box, but other than that they weren't dangerous at all. When they go for it they can score goals. But Aberdeen are quite strong all over the pitch, Considine is doing well for them at CB, same with Anderson, and they have Flood, Robson and a few others in the middle, then McGinn up front with that massive black guy, and Wylde on the left, decent outfit, but I think at Ibrox we could maybe beat them.

When a team will come at us I think it will be better for us tbh. We've now played Falkirk and QOTS and both have sat in and made it hard. Aberdeen and co would fancy their chances of beating us so would have a go and I think that's when we'd be seen at our best. Just IMO tho

Aye you could be right, we will find out soon. Nobody has really went for us this season, but you are right, if we play one of them they will go for it, and maybe we can hit them on the break. It will be a big test for our defence and midfield to see how we do against better players.

Aye you could be right, we will find out soon. Nobody has really went for us this season, but you are right, if we play one of them they will go for it, and maybe we can hit them on the break. It will be a big test for our defence and midfield to see how we do against better players.

One team have tried it and conceded 8. Stenny fancied their chances and were blootered. But not one other side has tried it

But you've decided we don't want Aberdeen or united now either. We will need to play better sides as the tournament goes on. I'd rather if we were to go out to the papes it would be in a 4th or 5th round than losing a final to them

mmmmmm

Some contradictions there I think

Also I haven't 'decided' anything! Merely pointing out aberdeen and dufc would be hard games for us

Let's just see what the draw brings, have no interest in getting involved in an argument on here.