Hull City Name Change

Mor3los_1

Hull owner Assem Allam has told fans "they can die as soon as they want" in response to protests about his plans to change the club's name.

Allam, who took over in 2010, infuriated some supporters with his idea to rebrand the club Hull Tigers.

The Hull fans have formed a campaign group called City Till We Die.

But Allam told the Independent: "They can die as soon as they want, as long as they leave the club for the majority who just want to watch good football."

The 74-year-old Egypt-born businessman, who moved to Hull in 1968, first announced in August the company name had changed from Hull City AFC to Hull City Tigers, ending a part of the Yorkshire club's name which has been in effect since their formation in 1904.

Allam stated a Tigers brand would be more marketable, and considered the word "City" to be "lousy" and "common".

A number of supporters protested during the game against Crystal Palace last week by unfurling a banner which read "We are Hull City".

But the owner added: "How can they call themselves fans, these hooligans, this militant minority, when they disturb and distract the players while taking away the rights of others to watch the football, and of companies who have paid good money for advertising?"

When Hull were relegated from the Premier League in 2010 they were thought to be approximately £35m in debt but Allam insists he will walk away from the club immediately if the criticism of his proposals continues.

"I'm a simple man," he said. "Do they want me to stay? If it's, 'No thank you', fine, in 24 hours the club is for sale, I do not put in one more pound and hopefully things happen quickly."

The owner has already offered to refund season ticket holders who are unhappy with the name changes.

:lol:

But Allam told the Independent: "They can die as soon as they want, as long as they leave the club for the majority who just want to watch good football."

The 74-year-old Egypt-born businessman, who moved to Hull in 1968, first announced in August the company name had changed from Hull City AFC to Hull City Tigers, ending a part of the Yorkshire club's name which has been in effect since their formation in 1904.

Allam stated a Tigers brand would be more marketable, and considered the word "City" to be "lousy" and "common".

Confirmation that the prick just does not know what football means to people here. Sooner he fucks off the better.

imagine some prick , because he had lived in Glasgow, tried to change rangers? we would burn his house down ffs (we should have). I don't give a fuck about hull city but fair play to their fans. and another thing: "Do they want me to stay? If it's, 'No thank you', fine, in 24 hours the club is for sale, I do not put in one more pound and hopefully things happen quickly." get yourself to fuck then! from the bottom of my heart, if someone said that about rangers fans I would wait outside ibrox with a sniper friend from the SAS. (well unless paul murray beat me to it.................mmmmmmm)

10-Hull-City-Getty.jpg

Outrageous.

Ray Wilkins talking about it on Sky Sports went down in my estimation too. Basically saying the owners bought the club, it's theirs, they should do what they want with it.

Like the sellic fans, he's another who doesn't seem to understand the meaning of a football club.

Owners like this guy and that clown who changed Cardiff's colours need a boot in the baws.

Agree 100%.

The fans of these clubs should boycott and force the owners out.

I'd rather support my club in the lower leagues than have some crackpot owner come in,change the team colours/name,even though he brought success.