18 Wins In A Row

JamieG54

I dont know about you guys but for me winning a load of games on the trot is of little consequence, particularly in the league we are in at present. We are at a considerable advantage in terms of quality of player, training facilities and of course being full time.

Id far rather we were playing flowing and inventive football and keeping things solid at the back. Last Monday we defeated Arbroath but I was hardly impressed. The goals they conceded were down to defensive failings rather than creative flair on our part. As we progress to stiffer opposition the frequency of defensive errors will reduce dramatically.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiously the only people who would try and dismiss it would be people who hate us and some of our own.

curiously those that bum this up don't recognise that were our standards and expectations as low as theirs then the club would not be world record holders

have some aspiration!

It is a fantastic record even in lower divisions, with superior players and even if some games have been tight and the football not the best

Sometimes a winning mentality is as good a benefit as anything

Just keep it going Rangers

2 home games on the trot too to add to it

curiously those that bum this up don't recognise that were our standards and expectations as low as theirs then the club would not be world record holders

have some aspiration!

So if the club held similar standards to me (I'm one of the ones bumming this up) then we wouldn't be world record holders? Surely, given thaty standards are simply we should win everything we enter then we WOULD be world record holders. Or is there some kind of secret standard I'm missing?

What's wrong about it?

Did we vastly outspend the rest of the league at the time?

Did we have a wage bill many times greater than that of the rest of the league?

Were we a much better team with a much higher quality of player?

I'm hardly old myself, but I'm going to guess you're young.

I think what the team has done is a great achievement. Some of our players have left the SPL to come to Rangers and have applied themselves decently to give their best week in and week out. Every team we play will lift their game, so that possibly puts some context on what has been done.

I dont know about you guys but for me winning a load of games on the trot is of little consequence, particularly in the league we are in at present. We are at a considerable advantage in terms of quality of player, training facilities and of course being full time.

Id far rather we were playing flowing and inventive football and keeping things solid at the back. Last Monday we defeated Arbroath but I was hardly impressed. The goals they conceded were down to defensive failings rather than creative flair on our part. As we progress to stiffer opposition the frequency of defensive errors will reduce dramatically.

That's it for me as well d'art! Obviously winning games no matter the opposition is priority number 1 but ultimately at this level that should really take care of itself! This should have been the opportunity to develop the whole ethos of the club and the style of play so that we could grow and improve internally as we move up the divisions and are in a strong position when we reach the top both domestically and in European terms! However as is demonstrated here too many are blinded by victories alone and are missing the bigger picture that instead of growing holistically we will have to spend to achieve parity when we reach the SPL and that is how we got in bother the first time!

Winning the Ramsdens and the league should be a given. Winning one of the other cups is an acheievement. We were fucked out of one embarrassingly, now it's up to us to do something in the other one.

Agree but the only positive I can take about the LC is that we can firmly focus on the SC.

What's wrong about it?

Did we vastly outspend the rest of the league at the time?

Did we have a wage bill many times greater than that of the rest of the league?

Were we a much better team with a much higher quality of player?

Surely you appreciate there is a big difference from competing against part time players over the course of a season to full time professional teams?

Surely you appreciate there is a big difference from competing against part time players over the course of a season to full time professional teams?

To a point I agree although indolent think the gap is anywhere as big as people want to make out. Just look at the Scottish cup over the last 10 years and how often the part timers get results against the weaker full time sides. There's no disputing we had a much stronger side than everyone else. We had a much bigger wage budget, we had a much bigger transfer budget (much like now)

To a point I agree although indolent think the gap is anywhere as big as people want to make out. Just look at the Scottish cup over the last 10 years and how often the part timers get results against the weaker full time sides. There's no disputing we had a much stronger side than everyone else. We had a much bigger wage budget, we had a much bigger transfer budget (much like now)

On any given day, yes, you will get upsets which is the nature of cup games but I clearly said "over the course of a season".....there are games where teams can't field there strongest team because of work commitments, you have to be realistic about things!

Yes we have always had a financial advantage but when competing against professionals who's whole career is football that financial gap won't be as much as casam as it is against part time players! We are winning games which is great and priority number 1 but a degree of reality is needed in relation to our opposition and the ridiculous advantages we have over these teams!

Just to give you an idea of what we're up against, one of Forfars players is a fucking Edinburgh gas engineer on my patch working 40 hours a week and then playing football at the weekend...unless it's his weekend on.

Right there is the fucken difference.

Just to give you an idea of what we're up against, one of Forfars players is a fucking Edinburgh gas engineer on my patch working 40 hours a week and then playing football at the weekend...unless it's his weekend on.

Agreed

We need better challenges ever week. Next season will be a lot better for that. As the Falkirk game showed

Mate, there is nothing we can about the fact that we are playing part-time footballers. Sure, the players are winning when they are expected to, but it isn't just a matter of turning up, the players still have to apply themselves well.

Mate, there is nothing we can about the fact that we are playing part-time footballers. Sure, the players are winning when they are expected to, but it isn't just a matter of turning up, the players still have to apply themselves well.

I'm not moaning about us playing part timers, I'm moaning at the fact people think the performances against part timers is acceptable and that we should be over the moon we're on a 18 game winning streak. We're Rangers, it's nothing more than I expected. Although it seems some fans have lowered their expectations of what this club should be achieving.

18 in a row is excellent but we have to remember where we are...Scottish Football.

Watching hertz get a real pumping from the tims and it shows the Scottish game up for what it is...utter rubbish.

I am sure if we had been playing hertz today they'd have given us a game.

We are not good enough to take on the tims until that day comes we can't brag about anything