18 Wins In A Row

JamieG54

I'm not moaning about us playing part timers, I'm moaning at the fact people think the performances against part timers is acceptable and that we should be over the moon we're on a 18 game winning streak. We're Rangers, it's nothing more than I expected. Although it seems some fans have lowered their expectations of what this club should be achieving.

you're right, we are rangers. However there's a good few players who would never have had the fortune to sign for is if the shit hadn't hit the fan. With the exception of Macleod I doubt any of the young guys would have appeared in the first team if we were still in the SPL.

We should expect to beat everyone whether it's spl or division 3. Without exception. It doesn't mean that the players don't deserve credit for not dropping a point yet.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like us to win with flair and elan every game but there are times when that will just not be possible e.g. teams playing eleven man defence with an added dose of "clog 'em as they try to get past you" and we have seen that this season. I expect us to win the league at a canter but what I want is the record of a perfect league season. It doesn't matter who you are playing because to pull off thirty-six league wins in ANY league is a true achievement.

It's plainly obvious that the 18 wins is seen for what it is. Had we been in the SPL and doing this then it would be regarded as a greater achievement. However, a win is a win, and our players are doing very well to have won 18 games in a row.

Just look at the odds we're getting at home and away, an accumulator of 18 games at those odds would be in the region of 30/1. Go back to our spl odds and 18 games would be closer to 10000/1.

Just look at the odds we're getting at home and away, an accumulator of 18 games at those odds would be in the region of 30/1. Go back to our spl odds and 18 games would be closer to 10000/1.

That tells its own story. I'd be surprised if we won every game in this League. Would be very fine achievement.

When you listen to Clyde 1 super scoreboard they all seem to focus on the negatives like we are in div 2 but we have the best record of any team in Europe, scored the most goals out of the whole of the UK and played some great football so all credit to Ally and the boys well done lads

The part timers always seem to be plumbers and joiners. How do we never play against a team of fitness instructors and marathon runners?

Quite a few players in the league are on loan from clubs in the higher divisions and actually train full time with their club then a couple of times a week with the club they are on loan to meaning they train more than full time players.

It's not fantastic, but it's pretty good, even if the football is not the best at times, but I think that the fact we're not playing against professionals can be looked at in another way. There sure is some gasmen, fishermen, joiners and janitors playing against us, but there's also guys that are never intending to make football their main source of income, and would be better employed as a scythe due to some of the tackles we've had to endure. As well as obviously very angry when playing against us, for whatever reason. I think that has an effect on the manner our players play the game as well. Whatever level you think we're at and how we should be playing, we have actually managed to score loads of goals, and that can only be a good thing, especially for the younger guys at the club, when they get on that is.

I hate to burst a few bubbles on here, but Rangers don't have a god given right to win every time they go on to the pitch. For a few weeks on here we have had comments about the league being over, well let's hope the players don't get into that frame of mind or we'll be dropping points all over the place. The achievement in this run has nothing to do with wages, size of squad or playing folk of the park every week It's to do with the fact that we are able to maintain a winning streak when we are playing in a conveyor belt situation where it would be easy to lose focus as a team and individually.

To the other clubs in the leagues it doesn't matter that they are playing one of the weakest squads in our history and as such will raise their game accordingly in the hope that they can boast that they beat Rangers. So the achievement for our players/club is to keep winning game, after game, after game in a win be dammed, lose be dammed situation. The reality is with the exception of maybe five players the rest of our squad is no better than that of any other 2nd/3rd tier team even if thy are full-time. The problem is that an element of our support either can't see that or just don't want to admit it as it doesn't suit them.

In years to come I will look back on our achievements during this period with as much pride as an other in our history, perhaps even with a little more admiration because of the circumstances under which they were achieved.

All I can say is one draw and this place will go daft - lose a game and it will go into melt down so thank fk for 18 wins in a row!

Rightly so.

While we have no God-given right to win every game of football - getting beat off a 3rd division team is unacceptable and the team and management will rightly get criticism ....

Most people have given praise so by the same token they must accept criticism too when things go badly.

Some of our fans actually seem disgusted at the fact that Ally is doing a good job. :lol:

Fascinating (tu)

I've not noticed that at all i have noticed Criticism which at times whether we have won or not is justified if the poster makes a credible point.