18 Wins In A Row

JamieG54

I dont know about you guys but for me winning a load of games on the trot is of little consequence, particularly in the league we are in at present. We are at a considerable advantage in terms of quality of player, training facilities and of course being full time.

Id far rather we were playing flowing and inventive football and keeping things solid at the back. Last Monday we defeated Arbroath but I was hardly impressed. The goals they conceded were down to defensive failings rather than creative flair on our part. As we progress to stiffer opposition the frequency of defensive errors will reduce dramatically.

Spot on mate.

I'd be embarrassed if we didn't win the vast majority if games in the leagues we are in given the monstrous advantage we have over every single team we face.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to burst a few bubbles on here, but Rangers don't have a god given right to win every time they go on to the pitch. For a few weeks on here we have had comments about the league being over, well let's hope the players don't get into that frame of mind or we'll be dropping points all over the place. The achievement in this run has nothing to do with wages, size of squad or playing folk of the park every week It's to do with the fact that we are able to maintain a winning streak when we are playing in a conveyor belt situation where it would be easy to lose focus as a team and individually.

To the other clubs in the leagues it doesn't matter that they are playing one of the weakest squads in our history and as such will raise their game accordingly in the hope that they can boast that they beat Rangers. So the achievement for our players/club is to keep winning game, after game, after game in a win be dammed, lose be dammed situation. The reality is with the exception of maybe five players the rest of our squad is no better than that of any other 2nd/3rd tier team even if thy are full-time. The problem is that an element of our support either can't see that or just don't want to admit it as it doesn't suit them.

In years to come I will look back on our achievements during this period with as much pride as an other in our history, perhaps even with a little more admiration because of the circumstances under which they were achieved.

I don't really mind people defending the run even if I don't entirely agree but this is overkill.

Apart from five players our squad is the standard of part time teams? Aye OK. :lol:

"Apart from five players our squad is the standard of part time teams? Aye OK. :lol: "

So you were laughing when we went out of the league cup this season and the cups last season? I don't think so, do you really believe that we'd have won 18 games on the trot with what we have minus our best 5 players?