Ally McCoist wants Rangers to scout for success

Bothwellbear

Am I the only one that doesn't mind him playing there? Him tucking in allows Wallace to get motoring down that wing for 90 minutes.

Perhaps Law would be better playing that role for a few games?

I don't think your the only one that minds him playing there but personally I think he's wasted and too in-effective from the left wing .... I appreciate who do you drop from Black and Law to push McLeod inside but personally I'd give with a midfield 3 of McLeod, Law and Black and allow Wallace to bomb up and down to provide the width when on the attack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously rate the Dundee United scouting system - i think we can do better - much better

Their system is good because of its sheer simplicity. Identifying the best young talent in the country, many from lower down the divisions, signing them on the cheap and eventually selling them on for a tidy profit. We'd kill for that at he moment.

I don't think your the only one that minds him playing there but personally I think he's wasted and too in-effective from the left wing .... I appreciate who do you drop from Black and Law to push McLeod inside but personally I'd give with a midfield 3 of McLeod, Law and Black and allow Wallace to bomb up and down to provide the width when on the attack

Aye, totally agree. I know what you mean.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind him playing there? Him tucking in allows Wallace to get motoring down that wing for 90 minutes.

Perhaps Law would be better playing that role for a few games?

I don't mind either, he doesn't really play wide left and Wallace takes up the space he leaves, also him and Law interchange sometimes anyway.

Our fans moan for progression on a football pitch yet are stuck in the old ways of wanting a left footed left winger, right footed right winger, 2 strikers and everyone plays and stays in 1 position.

I don't mind either, he doesn't really play wide left and Wallace takes up the space he leaves, also him and Law interchange sometimes anyway.

Our fans moan for progression on a football pitch yet are stuck in the old ways of wanting a left footed left winger, right footed right winger, 2 strikers and everyone plays and stays in 1 position.

I know what your saying but I still think the difference in his play is extremely noticable when he's in that left position compared to more central where he used to play.

Shows you the irrational comments against McCoist when you fail to detect the sarcasm in that post.

Regards Peralta, how many players do we have going to the World Cup?

Peralta is mince - there's been rotten players at the World Cup before. Kilmarnock even have a Nigerian international on their books that signed in April and has never even played.

Their system is good because of its sheer simplicity. Identifying the best young talent in the country, many from lower down the divisions, signing them on the cheap and eventually selling them on for a tidy profit. We'd kill for that at he moment.

Every team with a scouting system has that strategy and goal Ffs !

The point is ( or two points ) - they at least have a system, we do not. The question is who do we get to run the system, how much do we spend on it, how wide is the scouting area ( scotland?, uk, European? Global? ), how do we train and blod these kids ? And while some think DU have good people I want the best for Rangers, scouts and a system that ids and develops these kids and IMHO that is not the team at DU ( IMHO)

Shows you the irrational comments against McCoist when you fail to detect the sarcasm in that post.

Regards Peralta, how many players do we have going to the World Cup?

So he automatically qualifies to play for us. He is not a very good player for us, he hasn't impressed at all. Maybe he is a different player completely under a different manager. ? ive seen enough from Perelta to know he should not be starting for us.

So he automatically qualifies to play for us. He is not a very good player for us, he hasn't impressed at all. Maybe he is a different player completely under a different manager. ? ive seen enough from Perelta to know he should not be starting for us.

Where did I say he should be starting for us? For decades I've listened to Rangers fans writing off perfectly good players because they haven't started well.

He hasn't been playing well and shouldn't be starting, that doesn't mean he won't come good, or shouldn't be given time.

I know what your saying but I still think the difference in his play is extremely noticable when he's in that left position compared to more central where he used to play.

There's no doubt he'll be better in the long term in the middle but at least just now he's getting game time and it will allow him to see the game as he's playing from a different prospective, something which happens at Ajax youth to help them understand different positions.

When playing younger players you need to think about how it helps them 4 or 5 years down the line rather than just for the moment.

The way I see it, if we'd have had Mackay-Steven like 2 years ago and he was being showcased in Europe we'd have been able to flog him for at least £6mil, Dundee Utd will never get as much as us and Celtic can with our youths because we can put them in a better shop window. IMO DBBTB is spot on for us needing scouts like at DU and stealing theirs would be ideal

Where did I say he should be starting for us? For decades I've listened to Rangers fans writing off perfectly good players because they haven't started well.

He hasn't been playing well and shouldn't be starting, that doesn't mean he won't come good, or shouldn't be given time.

True but if he aint playing well he shouldn't be starting. Same reason Templeton aint starting? Aird is due a start from what ive seen of him yesterday.

Every team with a scouting system has that strategy and goal Ffs !

The point is ( or two points ) - they at least have a system, we do not. The question is who do we get to run the system, how much do we spend on it, how wide is the scouting area ( scotland?, uk, European? Global? ), how do we train and blod these kids ? And while some think DU have good people I want the best for Rangers, scouts and a system that ids and develops these kids and IMHO that is not the team at DU ( IMHO)

It's clear as day that Dundee United do that well, significantly better than most Scottish sides. If we had a scouting system that brought the likes of Gauld, Goodwillie, Russell, McKay-Steven, Armstrong, Robertson through, or into, the club, we'd be raving about it.

We all want the best for Rangers, we should be setting up as good a system as possible, within what we can afford to do. Bringing in whoever is doing so well at United, and hopefully having a system which is more far reaching than what he has had at United would be ideal.

Not sure what you think we can do better than identifying good young players, getting them playing and making profits on them? The system at United is very good, there isn't even an argument there. Given extra resources and scope that you'd hope the guy could get with our club (should we get some stability and a board willing to invest time and money into the scouting system), I'd be delighted with something akin to what they do

It's clear as day that Dundee United do that well, significantly better than most Scottish sides. If we had a scouting system that brought the likes of Gauld, Goodwillie, Russell, McKay-Steven, Armstrong, Robertson through, or into, the club, we'd be raving about it.

We all want the best for Rangers, we should be setting up as good a system as possible, within what we can afford to do. Bringing in whoever is doing so well at United, and hopefully having a system which is more far reaching than what he has had at United would be ideal.

Not sure what you think we can do better than identifying good young players, getting them playing and making profits on them? The system at United is very good, there isn't even an argument there. Given extra resources and scope that you'd hope the guy could get with our club (should we get some stability and a board willing to invest time and money into the scouting system), I'd be delighted with something akin to what they do

Pre admin our players moved on - in the main to EPL sides - as did the 'traitors' who was the last player DU sold to an EPL side ( goodwilie had to come back but I'll give DU that one) I want our system back to where is was, at least, if not better and IMHO that was ( should be) better than what DU have produced.

McGregor - really?

Hutton - Where is he now?

McMillan - see above

Wilson - Waste of a career

Smith - Sigh...

Burke - Ok valid...ish point

Ness - :lol:

McCabe :lol:

Adam ....valid

Wylde :lol:

McCormack ...valid

The Utd boys are far better footballers than any of the above, Charlie Adam the exception.

Plus these Utd young lads are all over the last 4 or so years. You cant seriously think Wylde is better than Mackay Steven or Ness/McCabe were better than Gauld...:lol: .

Point is, we did have an ok youth system when MP was first introduced.

Pre admin our players moved on - in the main to EPL sides - as did the 'traitors' who was the last player DU sold to an EPL side ( goodwilie had to come back but I'll give DU that one) I want our system back to where is was, at least, if not better and IMHO that was ( should be) better than what DU have produced.

Exactly the point. A well functioning team from United, with significantly better resources (Ally his obviously depends on us getting some competency and stability at board level and around the club), would theoretically do even better than the very good job they currently do at United, and that would be ideal for us. The comparison in 'who's sold more guys to the premiership is irrelevant. We had guys move to premiership clubs because in the main, we paid vast (relatively) fees for them in the first place

Not convinced we had a particularly good setup before, I think we prospered because of the obvious lure for young Scottish players to play at Rangers. The current crop at United are exactly what our fanbase was screaming for when we went down to the bottom. Real talented young players. And that's after moving on Scott Allan and Johnny Russell recently.

Nail on the head mate.

Everybody wants a scouting network who own a book of contacts that covers every corner of the globe, but considering we have nothing at all at the moment it's no different to the rebuilding process we have had to go through on the park. It needs to be a gradual process that you add bits to block by block.

We need to be making sure we are able to identify talented players on our own doorstep before we start sending people to Africa or Asia in the hope that they might unearth some unknown prospect and IMO, Dundee United's team are just about the best at it in Scotland just now.

Guys like Watson, Gunning, McKay-Steven, Souttar, Gauld, Armstrong & Goodwillie would all get a game for us now and every single one of them are still of an age where they could have developed into even better players by the time we reach the top flight too.

Nail on the head mate.

Everybody wants a scouting network who own a book of contacts that covers every corner of the globe, but considering we have nothing at all at the moment it's no different to the rebuilding process we have had to go through on the park. It needs to be a gradual process that you add bits to block by block.

We need to be making sure we are able to identify talented players on our own doorstep before we start sending people to Africa or Asia in the hope that they might unearth some unknown prospect and IMO, Dundee United's team are just about the best at it in Scotland just now.

Guys like Watson, Gunning, McKay-Steven, Souttar, Gauld, Armstrong & Goodwillie would all get a game for us now and every single one of them are still of an age where they could have developed into even better players by the time we reach the top flight too.

Agreed. It's going to be a gradual process, it's just the way it is. United do what hey do very well. Don't think we'd be at all in a bad situation by doing what they are doing. Really do rate their side right now