*****The Official 5th round Scottish Cup draw thread*****

wearethepeople1

They do that in holland, Ajax feyenoord usually kicks off at half 11.

However since they've moved the kick off times me and my mates usually get our cargo the night before, then all get picked up and head to one of our houses for 730/8 am and get tanked up, had they kept the games at 3 I still maintain people, would be more sensible, I've usually tanked 10 cans half bottle of vod and some peas and barley by kick off :lol:

I know many many others who do the same

Poetry.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There'll be trouble regardless of what they do, I just have a feeling within the next couple of years one of the games will be behind closed doors. 3 arrests at an under 17's Cup Final with just over 6000 people. Imagine that on a much bigger scale, and a much more poisonous atmosphere. I just think one day the police are going to bottle it.

But almost all the trouble is outside the ground. If it is played behind closed doors, you still have people going to the pub to watch it.

They can't play it behind closed doors unless there's a legitimate reason to, could you imagine the money lost if it were to be played with not a single supporter in the stadium? Fair enough the pubs in Glasgow City Centre would make enough to keep them going for another 10 year but there's just no danger it'd ever be played behind closed doors unless there was another riot similar to Hampden.

They can't play it behind closed doors unless there's a legitimate reason to, could you imagine the money lost if it were to be played with not a single supporter in the stadium? Fair enough the pubs in Glasgow City Centre would make enough to keep them going for another 10 year but there's just no danger it'd ever be played behind closed doors unless there was another riot similar to Hampden.

I'm not sure how focussed on teams profits the police are. Safety of the fans and policing costs would be a sufficient reason. Also, that's what I'm getting at. It's pure hatred now more than anything. Used to see Rangers and Septic fans having a bit of banter, but now it's utter contempt for one another. 50 odd thousand pissed up Scots with a hate for one another is going to bubble over at some point.

But almost all the trouble is outside the ground. If it is played behind closed doors, you still have people going to the pub to watch it.

Seems you're forgetting the reason alcohol was banned. I'm not saying it's happening, just that the police will be thinking very carefully about it.

This is what its aw aboot.

Sitting, 10 mins away from the cup draw with butterflies in your stomach, no idea who we are gonna get and reallly don't care. But i'd take a nice easy home tie right now, thank you very much.

I'm dreading getting drawn against a crap team, boring football has been aplenty in the last year. I want better teams so we can really gauge our squad, tactics and managers ability.

I'm dreading getting drawn against a crap team, boring football has been aplenty in the last year. I want better teams so we can really gauge our squad, tactics and managers ability.

I am in no hurry to "test" ourselves any more than we need to be.

I care more about progressing in the cup and having a real good run, than testing ourselves against the higher teams.

There is plenty time to test ourselves, lets just progress.

Those fearing Septic should get real, this is the same team that lost to Greenock Morton this year.

Also the same team that were pumped by the worst Ajax and Milan sides in years.

The same side that Frank de Boer is still pissing himself laughing at because he managed to sell them one of his rejects.

I'd be concerned facing them Away, but we should be able to take care of any side at Ibrox, including them.

I am in no hurry to "test" ourselves any more than we need to be.

I care more about progressing in the cup and having a real good run, than testing ourselves against the higher teams.

There is plenty time to test ourselves, lets just progress.

There's not really plenty of time though is there? We need to know who can cut it and who can't and get rid of the dead weight asap. We realistically want a season for the team to bond that will be playing in the Premiership.