Time to put them in there place

KingKirk

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we beat them at Ibrox? what do you think?

In a one off game, maybe. I would not put money on it though :lol:

While I don't believe we are miles behind them, I do think they are a bit in front of us right now. Anything can happen in an old firm game.

Does anyone remember how we played against Falkirk?

Go re watch the game and tell me honestly that you think we could beat them.

They would win by at least 3.

I think we would play better than that as the players would be up for it but so would their players. They have experience and have played at a higher level than most of our players so they would IMO beat us home or away.

I'd much rather wait till we are more settled as a squad and are stronger before taking on OF games.

I seem to remember Morton beat them in the League Cup this year, and Morton are shite.

Anything can happen in a cup game

Dont need to re watch anything.. At Ibrox we can and I believe we would beat them..

I admire the fact that your passionate about the club and the idea of the Rangers spirit.

Unfortunately i dont think you're being realistic. They have better players than us at this moment in time, and not just a little bit better.....a lot better.

Passion and spirit can only take you so far, i think we would be doing very well to beat a Dundee Utd or a Hibs just now.

I just worry that a defeat by Celtic would set off the Ally out brigade, which would be hugely unfair on the manager.

That said, i would love to be proved wrong! :)

Rangers v septic is not about skill but bottle. In a one off at Ibrox we could do them but it is unlikely just now. And we have people saying we don't need to strengthen the squad; we do if we want to win these matches.

Yip.

They just spanked another SPL side 7-0 without breaking sweat.

I'd rather wait til we are better equipped before playing them, the last thing we need is a humiliation from them.

Totally agree.

They horsed Hearts and probably could have scored more.

I'm not saying they would hump us but I could see us crashing out.

Rangers vs albion

Dundee utd vs tims

Hibs vs Sheep.

Means we would be in the quater final, with some of better teams in the spl knocked out. If we get a lucky draw we have a real chance of winning it.

Aberdeen Dundee Utd or the tims away in the draw tomorrow I think we are out

I stopped watching their game against Hearts at 2-0, & never watch them any other time, however, I still don't want them in the next round of cup, even at home, my heart says "BRING'EM ON" but, my head says "A non premiership club at home please"

I'm, kind of, getting why Ally may want to bring in some new, better players in the transfer windows, I just don't believe we're gonna make it out of The Championship with the current squad, playing the way we are. This hit me after Falkirk game, we need ALL the players to be at their best, in every game to win The Championship next year, if we don't strengthen, IMO, in many areas.

If you didn't see the AC Milan game, maybe you should watch it. Goals 1 & 2 showed a very poor defence and that is the scum's weakness. If you allow them to attack you up high then you are asking for trouble, but conversely if you attack them up high then they are very vulnerable. We have played some games this season that have shown that we are capable of attacking high, so we can do it. Against Falkirk I thought we were effective without allowing them very many chances. Right now and against a packed defence that will do until we get to the final. We could use a right back and a good passer in midfield, but we should not fear Celtic on the day. We have shown that we can be effective at set pieces and Jon Daly will terrorize that defence.

Yip.

They just spanked another SPL side 7-0 without breaking sweat.

I'd rather wait til we are better equipped before playing them, the last thing we need is a humiliation from them.

A shadow of their former self. Hearts are pish. They've taken 12 points in 14 games and only won 3 games in one of the worst professional leagues in Europe. They played a team who've had millions from players sales and European football. Did you really think there would be any other outcome?

I stopped watching their game against Hearts at 2-0, & never watch them any other time, however, I still don't want them in the next round of cup, even at home, my heart says "BRING'EM ON" but, my head says "A non premiership club at home please"

I'm, kind of, getting why Ally may want to bring in some new, better players in the transfer windows, I just don't believe we're gonna make it out of The Championship with the current squad, playing the way we are. This hit me after Falkirk game, we need ALL the players to be at their best, in every game to win The Championship next year, if we don't strengthen, IMO, in many areas.

Basically what I've been saying. Far too many fans are only thinking about this league, saying the current squad is plenty to win this league. That's true, but we're not playing in this league after the end of this season. We're moving up to play full time teams. We need to drop the dead weight (there's plenty on the bloated squad who just aren't good enough to be near our first team). Then we need to use the transfer windows wisely. Make no mistake though, they all need to be SPFL quality (I know, that's not much of an ask). The young lads aren't good enough, that was proved last year. I think in all honesty we just need to ensure we're back in the Premiership first time trying and we finish 1st or 2nd in our first year. That will install the confidence and interest that it needs for some investment. We also need a couple of good cup runs and to be beating Premiership teams before we get back (just to spark the fear). Once we're back where we belong and we're bringing more money in, the main focus should be spending substantial money to bring in the best Scouts we can get to ensure our fantastic youth facilities are being taken advantage of.

Celtic beat what is probably the worst Hearts team i can ever remember in my lifetime and, the team i think we will be playing next season in the Championship.

Hearts are not that good and, given everything clicked for them today, it was no surprise.

I think on our day we could take them at Ibrox.

And whats to stop them beating one of the worse Rangers teams in our lifetime?

They would annihilate us right now. We are rank.

Its all very well saying Milan beat them & goals came from set plays.

Ally would play an extremely defensive 4 5 1 or 5 4 1 formation. We would hardly get out of our own half & they woul;d be all over the top of us from start to finish.

Nah, I'd rather avoid them for a couple of years thanks.

They would annihilate us right now. We are rank.

Its all very well saying Milan beat them & goals came from set plays.

Ally would play an extremely defensive 4 5 1 or 5 4 1 formation. We would hardly get out of our own half & they woul;d be all over the top of us from start to finish.

Nah, I'd rather avoid them for a couple of years thanks.

That's my fear as well although that's not a dig at Ally I think most managers would do that.

A shadow of their former self. Hearts are pish. They've taken 12 points in 14 games and only won 3 games in one of the worst professional leagues in Europe. They played a team who've had millions from players sales and European football. Did you really think there would be any other outcome?

Aye and they would no doubt give us a hiding too.

They have a far better squad than we do and have played at a higher level for longer too.

I'ts fairy tale stuff thinking we can go about scudding everyone given the way we play just now, it's cringe on here sometimes.