Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

I go to games to watch Rangers win, not to take part in endless amounts of silences/applauses for any old tom, dick or harry. Fair enough if its for an ex player of ours, but for EVERY high profile person that dies?!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss something, why would any right thinking individual hate Mandela?

His party campaigned within the law until it was banned, when 69 people were gunned down? If tyranny and injustice ever befalls this land, I hope to fuck some on this thread have more balls than they are showing now.

I can just imagine an independent Scotland voting to oust the Queen, criminalising the right to wave the Union flag and disbanding Rangers as a subvertive force within a free Scotland. And all the Bears on here slating Mandela will bow down and agree because that is the rule of the land.

Mate, it's ridiculous:

Mandela fought against his state power. Irrespective of how despicable that state was, he had no right to object to or resist the torture, murder and abuse of the majority (and rightful) inhabitants, through the only means available (protest, opposition and voting were all banned)

Therefore he's a terrorist

Therefore he's the same as the IRA

We hate the Ira ergo we hate Mandela.

Simple

Here are some other terrorists we hate...

The Dalai Lama

Emmeline Pankhurst

Winston Churchill (go read your history folks)

George Washington

Che Guevara

Fidel Castro

Charles De Gaulle

Giuseppe Garibaldi

Kemal Ataturk

Oh and let's not forget Von Stauffenberg - what a bastard he was.

All I can say is thank god it's a clap, and not a silence.

Some of you may consider a compromise, by looking as if you're clapping, whilst chanting "F** Nelson Mand He's Deid" under your breath?

Incorrect

I for one haven't been giving mandela any praise public or otherwise

personally I dont think Mandela should be given a minutes applause at a football game; not that I like or dislike the guy, I just don't think this sort of stuff should be forced upon people at football games

go have a wee clap in the privacy of your own wardrobe if its that important to you but leave it out of football

Not incorrect - you've maybe missed the implication of the bits I bolded.

Just like the whole country mourned Diana.

Not everybody did, but everybody put on a face of doing so.

Personally I agree with you, and don't want to go along with it, but the whole world will be doing it, and to not do it when we are so obviously going to be closely scrutinised, would be like standing on the stage at Live Aid and saying - "let the wee bastards die."

Our enemies have got both barrels well and truly pointed our way on this one, and the phrase that comes to mind is "don't give them the ammunition"

Here are some other terrorists we hate...

The Dalai Lama

Emmeline Pankhurst

Winston Churchill (go read your history folks)

George Washington

Che Guevara

Fidel Castro

Charles De Gaulle

Giuseppe Garibaldi

Kemal Ataturk

Oh and let's not forget Von Stauffenberg - what a bastard he was.

Che Guevara: he sells t-shirts doesn't he? Bout his only claim to fame these days.

oh and one last thing before I go to bed.

1. If you don't genuinely really know what went on in South Africa during those years (and there's no shame in not knowing - it was a long time ago, and far far away) then you should really do a bit of googling.

Then ask yourself.

"If I was a young black man living through that, what would I do? just sit there and take it up the ass? or fight back?

I know what I'd choose , and I suspect you would too, so why the surprise that that's what he chose too?

Not incorrect - you've maybe missed the implication of the bits I bolded.

Just like the whole country mourned Diana.

Not everybody did, but everybody put on a face of doing so.

Personally I agree with you, and don't want to go along with it, but the whole world will be doing it, and to not do it when we are so obviously going to be closely scrutinised, would be like standing on the stage at Live Aid and saying - "let the wee bastards die."

Our enemies have got both barrels well and truly pointed our way on this one, and the phrase that comes to mind is "don't give them the ammunition"

Aye, it's the same. BTW did this man not once sing a song about killing white men on South African TV?

A Lawyer? Anyway. Some people obviously believe that regardless of the level of injustice, we should always accept the authority of those in power.

Why do people get so upset over the SFA and SPL then?

Nice flip!

Justifying a football clubs treatment by their governing body, to Nelson fucking Mandela!

Priceless.

oh and one last thing before I go to bed.

1. If you don't genuinely really know what went on in South Africa during those years (and there's no shame in not knowing - it was a long time ago, and far far away) then you should really do a bit of googling.

Then ask yourself.

"If I was a young black man living through that, what would I do? just sit there and take it up the ass? or fight back?

I know what I'd choose , and I suspect you would too, so why the surprise that that's what he chose too?

What are you implying here?

Cheers again RFC, but I can't see what he's quoting, so not sure what he means by here.

But to be fair, he makes a good point, and has convinced me that I am a dufus right enough,

So I'll leave you all to it,

but please folks, think about what you're doing tomorrow. fuck politics, we have a duty to protect our club.

Cheers again RFC, but I can't see what he's quoting, so not sure what he means by here.

But to be fair, he makes a good point, and has convinced me that I am a dufus right enough,

but please folks, think about what you're doing tomorrow. fuck politics, we have a duty to protect our club.

And fuck Mandela!

Ignoring people on the internet because you cant handle people disagreeing with you.

Tragic. :D

A similar line is used by the filth not to observe Armistice Day.

This a million times! Does nobody else see that? This is the exact definition of hypocrisy. :(

And rest assured, while we prove continually impotent in holding them answerable to their crimes, they will certainly know how to cause us maximum damage with 'ours'.

This a million times! Does nobody else see that? This is the exact definition of hypocrisy. :(

And rest assured, while we prove continually impotent in holding them answerable to their crimes, they will certainly know how to cause us maximum damage with 'ours'.

What crime will we have committed exactly.

Archived