Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

Why dont we ever hear from these guys about what an illiterate murdering psychopath for example... Michael Stone was? They are bastions of law order and the sovereignty of the state who are as noble as they are staunch after all, no cause is worth the deaths of innocents.

As I said earlier in the thread, I guarantee the same people labeling Mandela as a terrorist and murderer will be using more temperate rhetoric when discussing certain events in Stones life.

Why dont we ever hear from these guys about what an illiterate murdering psychopath for example... Michael Stone was? They are bastions of law order and the sovereignty of the state who are as noble as they are staunch after all, no cause is worth the deaths of innocents.

Which 'innocents' did Michael kill?

Yeah, but you're not telling it how it is though are you? You're glibly comparing him to a serial killer while ignoring the context.

Yes, true. But then again there's people that know nothing of his past, and think he's a complete angel and all so world changing. When they don't even bother to look up who the man really was before that; we shouldn't be applauding a terrorist at a football match (unless we're ceptic). It's actually quite disturbing that the man is so revered.

If everyone truly knew of his past, instead of Mandela himself lying about it, and all his celeb pals lying about it. - He'd be a nothing terrorist.

Which 'innocents' did Michael kill?

do you think attending an IRA funeral meant they deserved to die? As I recall only one person he killed was in a paramilitary. Therefore I'd say they were innocent.

He lobbed grenades indiscriminately into a crowd which included women and children. You don't necessarily have to subscribe to someone's political views before you attend their funeral

Very interesting, but it's hardly what I asked.

Yes, true. But then again there's people that know nothing of his past, and think he's a complete angel and all so world changing. When they don't even bother to look up who the man really was before that; we shouldn't be applauding a terrorist at a football match (unless we're ceptic). It's actually quite disturbing that the man is so revered.

If everyone truly knew of his past, instead of Mandela himself lying about it, and all his celeb pals lying about it. - He'd be a nothing terrorist.

It's even more disturbing that the man is so reviled by a small minority but hey ho.

Mandela was a 'terrorist.' :lol:

The US and UK are 'liberating' the Middle East. :lol:

See what happens when you ask most football fans in the West of Scotland to debate something other than football or their ingrained hatred for the opposing 'tribe?'

Let's just stick to football lads n' lassies. (tu)

When you say liberating I think you will find you are talking total shite the Falklands was liberated after being invaded by Argentina.

I do agree let's stick to footy and beer ;)