Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

When was the last time we didn't have a minutes applause/silence? They are becoming diluted imo. I'm all for them when it's Rangers men or our armed forces. I just fail to see how Nelson relates to Rangers. What was his contribution to Rangers or Britain?

do you think attending an IRA funeral meant they deserved to die? As I recall only one person he killed was in a paramilitary. Therefore I'd say they were innocent.

You edited it, well done.

So you don't have an answer to my question?

I was only asking.

Mandela was imprisoned for being a member\one of the leaders, of a terrorist Marxist group who blew up women and children.

People may think he had a "just" cause but all bombers\terrorists think their cause is just.

There will be no applause from me.

Next they will be asking for a minutes silence when Gerry Adams dies.

I've not read through the comments, because the sight of this pissed me right off. The SPFL didn't recommend a minutes silence to the clubs for their closest game to remembrance Sunday, but they recommend a minutes applause for a fucking terrorist. Away to fuck you's go. Regardless of his reasons for doing what he done, planning to bomb a civilian area is terrorism and is no different to what the IRA done/do. Actually despise what this country has become. The politicians had this right in the first place when they said he should of been shot.

I don't care if it's not a popular opinion, but it's fact. If I planned to bomb a public street where IRA/Taliban/Al-Qaeda were going to be I'd be fucking jailed for life for terrorism.

Nelson Mandela was a freeman of Glasgow. Indeed, we were the first city in the world to bestow this award upon him.

Night all.

Is this the city that's been dominated by sellick men since the 1970's?

Amazing that IRA supporting goons pass reverence on an IRA supporting African terrorist who was involved in the slaughter of thousands, most of whom were not white.

Still seeing you bigging up filth is of no surprise.

Really, take a look at the news, take a look at the tributes from all walks of life and all parts of the world, yet some people on here call him a terrorist and a racist and i am small minded, you couldnt make it up. But i think you just did. Take a look at yourself.

I suppose you believe everything in the mhedia, even about Rangers?, the man was a terrorist, even his wife was a murderer, who he ditched for a political career. It's like having a minutes silence for bobby sands or Martin McGuinness when he dies. As for looking at ourselves, you need to look past the bullshit, and do some research before you comment on the subject.