Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

How lucky we all live in cosy Scotland, where nobody can conceive any need to use arms in order to achieve something and that anyone who does so is a terrorist.

Lucky, lucky us.

The PIRA was right to blow up children then? After all they did fight for a "United Ireland".

I was looking at our match report on the STV web site and they mention our applause, but if you look at all the other games reports it not even mentioned. Did the media expect us not to hold it, seems strange that it's a focal point of their match review but not for other games

Like grounds around the country, a minute of applause took place ahead of kick-off in respect of Nelson Mandela.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/252057-rangers-3-0-ayr-united-jon-daly-on-target-once-more-for-rangers/

For me the Mandela applause was much like the card protest,...a lot of people joining in while knowing very little about the reality of the subject in hand. Going along with those that sat near them balancing "their" opinion based upon by who seemed most aggressive and who was in the majority.

Our supports beliefs, core values and opinions appear in mass to be as logical and as informed as an "x-factor audience".

If I'm right in what I say then I fear we're going in 'one-direction', a country full of simpletons merely concerned with popular opinion and without the ability nor desire to think freely, about what's right/important.

I personally abstained from the Mandela applause as I do not see the relevance of it at a Scottish football match when a minutes silence cannot be held for the war dead of this country and others at all our grounds. I personally know little about Mandela other than the popular movie type reading of history we are spoon fed about the man - I have noticed even his extended family is insanely rich now while his country is still a mess. He may or may not be worthy of my respect and I freely admit I'm ignorant on the specifics of his life but I think to applaud the man without the knowledge required to justify the action is stupidity of the highest order and often leads to people becoming 'icons of righteousness' whom are not worthy of that tag.

For me the Mandela applause was much like the card protest,...a lot of people joining in while knowing very little about the reality of the subject in hand. Going along with those that sat near them balancing "their" opinion based upon by who seemed most aggressive and who was in the majority.

Our supports beliefs and core values and opinions appear in mass to be as logical and as informed as an "x-factor audience".

If I'm right in what I say then I fear we're going in 'one-direction', a country full of simpletons merely concerned with popular opinion and without the ability nor desire to think freely and about what's right/important.

I personally abstained from the Mandela applause as I do not see the relevance of it at a Scottish football match when a minutes silence cannot be held for the war dead of this country and others at all our grounds. I personally know little about Mandela other than the popular movie type reading of history we are spoon fed about the man - I have noticed even his extended family is insanely rich now while his country is still a mess. He may or may not be worthy of my respect and I freely admit I'm ignorant on the specifics of his life but I think to applaud the man without the knowledge required to justify the action is stupidity of the highest order and often leads to people becoming 'icons of righteousness' whom are not worthy of that tag.

Good post.

Our Country seems to be Sleepwalking in to Apeasment for everyone and anyone.

More Protestant Free thinking is required.

We are not here to please the Media they are trying to control us at every turn.

We have to wtaken up to them.

Good post.

Our Country seems to be Sleepwalking in to Apeasment for everyone and anyone.

More Protestant Free thinking is required.

We are not here to please the Media they are trying to control us at every turn.

We have to wtaken up to them.

lol

Right, I'll spell it out for you. Are there any circumstances where resorting to arms is necessary?

I know your not meant to answer a question with a question but are there any circumstances when blowing up Joberg train station killing innocents and buses of white kids going to school necessary ??

If I'm right in what I say then I fear we're going in 'one-direction', a country full of simpletons merely concerned with popular opinion and without the ability nor desire to think freely and about what's right/wrong

Your spot in with that mate, just look at facebook and twitter, cunts posting about Kony et al, they've no fuckin clue what their posting but do things for likes etc. the youth are getting continually dumber and sadly they think its something to be proud of.