Minutes applause for Mandela

Brick54

It was a dominion of the British Empire for more than 50 years.

Now your bringing Britain into Appartied.

FFS

Its fuck all to do with us.

I am sure the SPFL are not saying oh yeah it was a British Dominion lets give a minutes applause.

You crack on if you wish I won't be participating in it.

after reading ten pages and given this a lot of thought fuck mandela he was a terrorist does not matter what he done

later on in life he was still a terrorist would people feel the same way if gerry adams went on to be went on to be

a saint and did lots of wonderful things no they would not he would still be a fuckin terrorist same goes for mandela

Now your bringing Britain into Appartied.

FFS

Its fuck all to do with us.

I am sure the SPFL are not saying oh yeah it was a British Dominion lets give a mannotes applause.

You crack on if you wish I won't be participating in it.

It had a little to do with us. Apartheid as an official policy was introduced whilst South Africa was a dominion of the British Empire.

Relevance to Rangers, Scottish Football, Scotland or the UK?

Zilch.

Nobody is going to deny that Apartheid in South Africa was wrong but the revision of history turning Mandela into a saint like figure is putrid, especially sickening to see people with no clue about what he did other than have his photo taken with Celebrities. I personally have no hatred for the man nor respect. Funny to see radlord pop up again, haven't seen that twat post in a while - only appears to post his "right on" politics and call us all angry men.

Minutes applauses are a fucking horrible excuse for a tribute when someones died anyway.

Made up because some cunts (tims usually) canny button their fucking lip.

And regardless what you thought of the man,this is nonsense from our piss-poor football 'authorities'.

You think so? I've read a lot of other people and other teams fans say the same thing. Not everyone thinks the way the media tell you too!

We didn't have anything for an ex British prime minister yet we want one for Mandela?

Trying to gauge the general feeling on this, which teams fans are you referring to, would be interesting to see other fans comments.

I just don't get the hero worship of some people on here.

These guys only spout what Mandela did since 1990, but, for those guys, I ask only this; why was Mandela in jail for 27 years?..... No, not for any simple break of the law, nor was it for being coloured.

He was jailed in 1964 for bombing schools, so, we are being asked to applaud a terrorist.

He was also complicit in killing many of his own kind who did not agree with him or the ANC.

I certainly will not be applauding tomorrow, I will be removing myself from my seat to go for a piss (allegedly), or I might buy a pie, whatever, I will be in the concourse when all this false adulation is taking place.

im afraid i dont do that, only thing i do is stand in silence when someone passes away, but Never for a terrorist , whats next when gerry adams croaks we have some tribute...... not in my name

I generally agree, I don't like the applause thing.

But I will make an exception for adams.

Followed by fireworks and several choruses of The Billy Boys.

I generally agree, I don't like the applause thing.

But I will make an exception for adams.

Followed by fireworks and several choruses of The Billy Boys.

Sadly manti you have more chance of being arrested for TBB than condoning blowing people up.

Thatcher was, at the very least, a divisive person. I can see why people didn't think it was appropriate to have an official thing for her death. Many people hated her, especially in Glasgow.

I dont think i'd like to meet a person who hates Nelson Mandela. Can you imagine being that full of hatred that you dont want to partake in a very small appreciation of what the man did? And I suppose after giving it more careful consideration that bigots like that can be either small or large. Or somewhere in between.

What and Mandela isn't?

Mandela was a worldwide figure. The guy may have resorted to violence, but the situation demanded it. He had already tried decades of peaceful measures.

If everyone else is doing a minute's applause, we might as well have one ourselves.

Following your logic if everyone else ignores the minutes silence in November we should too. Remember we set the pace, the others follow...

What and Mandela isn't?

Well... no. No he isn't. People who applaud him dont like dead schoolkids, any more than people who support Michael Stone claim dont like the innocents killed in bar bombings etc.

I just don't get the hero worship of some people on here.

These guys only spout what Mandela did since 1990, but, for those guys, I ask only this; why was Mandela in jail for 27 years?..... No, not for any simple break of the law, nor was it for being coloured.

He was jailed in 1964 for bombing schools, so, we are being asked to applaud a terrorist.

He was also complicit in killing many of his own kind who did not agree with him or the ANC.

I certainly will not be applauding tomorrow, I will be removing myself from my seat to go for a piss (allegedly), or I might buy a pie, whatever, I will be in the concourse when all this false adulation is taking place.

This, just like his pals adams and mcguiness a dirty murdering, back-stabbing, liberty taking terrorist gangster done in the name of freedom-fighting ! (tu):sherlock: