Tims wrecking Fir Park

North Rd

English can't help mention us when reporting it.

Given that those earnest young men of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are so fond of issuing statements, it was somewhat curious that they didn’t reach into their bottomless pit of indignation and release a missive that made it clear that they had nothing to do with the damage done to the seats at Fir Park on Friday night or the flinging of the smoke bomb into the goalmouth occupied by their own man, Fraser Forster.

Many assume that the people who brought us the self-indulgent, self-pitying banners of recent weeks were also responsible for the vandalism and stupidity of the wrecked seats and the thrown smoke bomb. If that was an unfair assumption – and Twitter has been awash with such certainty – then you have would have expected a statement.

Maybe it’s on its way, although they might want to address the story of yesterday which claimed that IRA slogans were written on some of those broken seats beside stickers carrying ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ motif.

In their efforts to highlight their persecution by police, where exactly does smashing up seats and daubing terrorist wording on them fit into the gameplan? Their protest against the Offensive Behaviour at Football bill and their objection to the club’s criticising of the way they are going about it was captured in another message on another broken seat on Friday night. “F*** you Lawwell” it read. Such an eloquent contribution to the debate.

In their next statement, they might explain the contradiction in their long-held claims of unfair treatment by police. If they are persecuted, as they say they are, then there wasn’t much sign of it on Friday night as this group of neds was allowed to smash up seats without a single policeman stepping in to stop them. Where were the police when needed? ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ bleat on about heavy-handed treatment. A heavy hand would not have gone amiss on Friday night. At most grounds yesterday if a fan stood up for long enough he’d get an instruction from stewards or police to sit back down again – or else. These Celtic louts were not just allowed to stand but also boot and smash seats without any of their supposed persecutors saying a word.

Given the events at Celtic Park, the Falkirk Stadium, Fir Park and New Douglas Park in recent weeks you have to wonder if there is some kind of unofficial competition going on among the supporters of Celtic and Rangers – and also Motherwell after their own antics in the game against Albion Rovers last weekend – to discover the nation’s dimmest fan. Let’s think about this. ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ bring opprobrium on themselves for their banner in the Champions League game against AC Milan. At this point, in the wearying tit-for-tat between sections of the Old Firm support, some dullard in the Rangers end at Falkirk decides to bring the focus back on to his own club by throwing a flare that destroyed part of Falkirk’s plastic pitch, an act that his club had to apologise for, admit embarrassment over, and make amends for with a payment to cover the cost of repair.Not to be outdone, some Celtic fans seized the initiative in the search for Scotland’s thickest supporter when they disgraced themselves at Fir Park.

What was interesting was the level of disgust from Celtic fans over the behaviour of those vandals at Motherwell. There was a similar level of exasperation among Rangers supporters in the wake of the incident at Falkirk. On Twitter you will always find extremists who are prepared to defend any action by “one of their own” no matter how harmful the behaviour might have been to their club – deflection tactics are in the DNA of these people – but we also saw a body of fans rising up against the actions of their fellow supporters. The message seemed pretty clear. They were fed up to the back teeth of these small number of idiots causing grief for the majority.

Celtic, as a club, have been too indulgent of this Green Brigade mob, too quick to celebrate them and thank them and swell their ego and create the monster of self-absorption. They have pandered to them for too long. They have listened, like we have all listened, to songs about IRA men in that corner of Celtic Park for years and have done next to nothing. But, once a banner is raised – just a visual representation of what they have been singing about for the longest time – only then do the club speak out in shock and horror, as if that kind of thing wasn’t the norm from that section of the ground.

In the summer, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said he’d had enough and had decided to break up ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ. He then back-tracked. If he didn’t know it then, then he surely knows it now. These fans don’t deserve his faith. Quite frankly, his tolerance of the supporters who continually land the club in bother is an insult to the overwhelming majority of those who back the club to the hilt – the real fans. They are embarrassed and angry. In growing numbers they are calling for the disbandment of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ before they mortify the club any further. By indulging the minority, Lawwell, pictured, is doing a disservice to the majority.

A section of the Celtic support now think they are above the club, that normal behaviour rules don’t apply to them because they are the mighty Green Brigade, protector of the match-day atmosphere at Celtic Park and defender of their Irish identity, which, in song and in their visual displays, they seem to see as beginning and ending with war – or terrorism. These bhoys should take a trip to Ireland sometime. They’ll find that there is just a little bit more to the place than singing songs about Bobby Sands. When displays of republicanism are the sole manifestation of your Irish heritage, as it seems to be with these fans, then it betrays a desperately grim and narrow view of what it is to be Irish. Quite frankly, if they weren’t so pathetic they’d be laughable.

You would hope that Celtic have truly had enough of them this time. ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ might make a lot of noise but the people that Lawwell should be listening to now are those respectful fans who want this garbage to stop.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirty horrible terrorist loving manky peado fucks, seriously? No arrests? Did the police just stand and watch all those seats being torn up? 18 smoke bombs? Surely a few of the culprits should have been caught? Embarrassing for the police force to have not made any arrests. Last year at Dundee now for park, one of our fans lets off a flare and will probably end up in jail, fuck this country.

A Motherwell fans view taken from steelmen forum.

Ok I started a new thread seen I didn't want to clog up the actual match thread. We've now all seen the damage these parasites done to the south stand but I also wanted to discuss the general atmosphere at the game.

I walked up through dalziel av from the shields road flats last night and I must say its a long time since I've felt so edgy going to a game. Scores of that lot drinkin bottles of wine and beer, pishing in the street, shouting abuse at any passing well fans.

Now I'm in my fortys and far from a coward but for the first time in my life I covered my scarf up walking past as the atmosphere was poisonous to say the least. I refuse to take my family to games against Celtic and last night justified it. I couldnt put my granddaughters through that.

A couple in front of me had 2 young boys decked out In well colours and I ended up walking with them as they were clearly shaken by the abuse being directed at them. I wouldnt have done much good against dozens of scummy mhanks full of drink but it certainly made the mother feel better knowing there was at least one more friendly face around. All the way round past the south stand towards knowetop they were committing all sorts of offences from urinating in the street, singing sectarian songs and throwing empty alcohol containers away on the street while the police done nothing

This brings me to the game itself. From the start it was clear the atmosphere from the south was hate filled. The aisles were full of people standing and flares and smoke bombs were being let of every few seconds. Even folk I've spoke to in the east stand said they could see that lot holding up plastic seats while the police and stewards stood feet away and done nothing.

We know seats get damaged at grounds now and then but the extent of last nights damage is beyond that. Not only is the plastic broke but the entire black metal attaching the seats to the stairs are totally pulled off. iRA and other stuff also wrote on the stairs and seats. Looking at the pics on twitter is actually quite sickening.

Our club really need to make some sort of statement on this and not sweep.it under the carpet. No way in 2013 should people be scared or put off attending or taking family to football matches. I will never attend another game at fir park against Celtic and that is definite even as a season ticket holder.

Some people will say what can the club do. Well to start off they need to speak to.police and stewards and ask why nothing was done to stop seats getting smashed. Why also were ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ allowed to sit in that one massive section. Was it a case of sit where you want? motherwell are quick to make statements critising well farms for throwing paper onto.pitch at the European game so let's see if the come out and openly criticise Celtic fans. I won't hold.my breath though.

I left the game on 70minutes last night, not because of the score.but because I didn't want to.walk past that utter vermin after the game. I'll say it again no one should feel.like that at any football game.

Pretty sure when we buy tickets we need to provide personal details so do the club have details of who were sitting in the damaged seats?

A bit of a rant here and I apologise but last night was my worst experience ever at a game and I'm sure others feel the same.

If I had my way I would ban these animals from fir park. They have shown in recent years at Tynecastle , dens park and Amsterdam that they are getting out of control and are being allowed to do so.

Who are they trying to kid with this "small minority" shite?

There was footage shown on TV last week of Jock Stein going into the terracing to tell them them to stop singing their IRA bile, as if he was some kind of hero. What wasn't mentioned was that this hollow gesture didn't have the slightest effect - for the past forty years, like the many years before, the IRA songs have continued. There was no Green Brigade then to sing them, just the rank-and-file Celtic support - and let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of their support know those songs word-perfect.

There was footage shown on TV last week of Jock Stein going into the terracing to tell them them to stop singing their IRA bile, as if he was some kind of hero. What wasn't mentioned was that this hollow gesture didn't have the slightest effect - for the past forty years, like the many years before, the IRA songs have continued. There was no Green Brigade then to sing them, just the rank-and-file Celtic support - and let's not kid ourselves, the vast majority of their support know those songs word-perfect.

There all just cunts and what makes them who they are if I seen a bear ripping a seat up I'd boot his baws all over place like would many but thankfully this has not happened to me while at a game although I know it has happened.

Fuck them and everything they sing about!

They done it at firhill in the Glasgow cup aswell, oh aye and the year before at ibrox and tynecastle and dens park and Amsterdam and wherever else that has been swept under the carpet. Was dens park not described as "the worst we have seen since the 70s"

John Reid taught them all the words

I can't seem to copy article over but daily mail seem to be rite on top of them, they were the only ones to bring them up with the co op as well.

I know the mail ain't everyone's cup a tea but at least they are not scared and the comments section from the scum on the co op piece is funny as fuck.

The pictures clearly show that it is the front rows of the stand which have been demolished.

How the fuck could that possibly have resulted in NO arrests????

That is utterly shambolic from the police.

Yet we keep hearing about the police persecuting the groin brigade.

Timmy speaks with forked tongue.

I see Hugh Keevins is mentioning the secterian abuse aimed at SM and I'm just wondering if that will go in the referees report aswel?

I hope all those setting off flares in our support are now realising that we are getting dragged into this at every opportunity. Our bigoted press don't need much to try put us in bad light so hopefully we won't give them anything in the future.