'Tartan Army' in the away end

simplythebest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were pretty vocal today .Does anybody know why that guy stormed out the Govan front much to the delight of the Ayrshire yokels

He was almost boxing with a couple of Ayr fans and made the conscious decision to move and stand at back for his own good

Fair play and responsible of him

There were a couple of Ayr fans on the tube, one of them got up to give an older woman his seat. She was really thankful and all that, and when her stop came up she got up and says "thanks for that son, I hope that Rangers win today" the boys head dropped like a stone. I was in knots.

Our home support is a joke, better atmosphere in the library.

You're not wrong there mate. I was deafened by the sound of wrappers tearing and the usual grumbles. When did the atmosphere at Ibrox become so shit. I went away to the Army 4 years ago, must of been between then and now. Nothing like it used to be. Can't even get people up to sing Derry's Walls, 90% never sang Penny Arcade or any Rangers songs at all, just hee haw. It's embarrassing and people trying to cover it up with the "we're there to watch the football" excuse is pathetic. We're meant to be vocal and encourage the team, if you're going to moan and tell people to sit down, then maybe you should get a Rangers TV subscription and piss off out the stadium.

Rant over.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere near the end, giving it to the Ayr fans, "there'll be no tartan army in brazil" and the like, only time the atmosphere really picked up at all though. GF1 is shite unless the away fans are arseholes.

I'm sure it only started after GSTQ.

It did, but the fat guy and his bird had been wound up for the whole game off that wee guy, then he totally lost the plot and made a total cunt of himself :lol: saw him waiting on the Ayr fans outside after the game, bet that ended well!

The atmosphere should be lively at Ibrox when we're back in the top division, there's so much pent-up rage to be unleashed at all those SPL clubs and their fans.

Before that even happens, the first game in the "Premiership" will be away as everyone knows the tarriers have won next season's title already - and wherever that game is, the demand for tickets will be phenomenal.

If the amount of feeling that's gone into the whole Board malarkay over the past couple of years could be translated into a louder vocal support for the team on the pitch then that would be one of the most powerful ways of 'moving on' - even in these leagues. Reason - a simple one - we are Rangers then now and forever and the opposition need to hear it louder and clearer and not just on internet forums. Really do hope it improves next season. One thing there should be no difficulty in uniting Supporters should be to make Ibrox the noisiest ground in Scotland so that as Rangers journey back to the top progresses the sound of the mighty Rangers also cranks up the volume to go with it.

They were pretty vocal today .Does anybody know why that guy stormed out the Govan front much to the delight of the Ayrshire yokels

Sadly this guy took the bait from a few Ayr fans and ended up being ridiculed by the away fans for the second half when he decided to move to the back seats of the Govan front . Instead of getting the better of the Ayr fans who were furious their team were losing ,the guy seemed to cry to the police about the abuse he was taking as he was sitting beside his girlfriend ,Did not handle it well .

The atmosphere will get better. We have won the league and are playing against diddy teams. Not saying it's right but thats the way it is. Just need to keep going to the games and showing our support. Even when it's not the best atmosphere it does not stop how much I love going to Ibrox.