Lee Wallace

Johnny Hubbard

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC just reporting "speculation surrounding the player" and Aly saying he's under no pressure to sell anyone.

I hadn't heard any speculation about Wallace, what have I missed ?

Conversed with Andrew Dickson on twitter who claimed there had been speculation and hence why he wrote the article about him on the Rangers site. Struck me as rather odd, almost like an invitation. It's hardly as if Rangers fans have been desperate for the club to come out and deny rumours he's leaving (especially since Ive seen fuck all of these rumours)

There were rumblings about scouts at the games earlier in the season, one was from a championship club IIRC.

Wouldn't be suprised since he looks a step above everyone else.

Ha hardly strong speculation though? Don't think there's any doubts that clubs are interested in him but unless I'd seen it splashed all over the media that team x and team y were in for Wallace, I do feel putting an article on the club website addressing it seems kinda overkill.

He is clearly a player other teams would be interested in but pretty confident he's settled here for the moment. The only reason I can see him going is if we needed the money

Ha hardly strong speculation though? Don't think there's any doubts that clubs are interested in him but unless I'd seen it splashed all over the media that team x and team y were in for Wallace, I do feel putting an article on the club website addressing it seems kinda overkill.

He is clearly a player other teams would be interested in but pretty confident he's settled here for the moment. The only reason I can see him going is if we needed the money

Sometimes these things go under the radar, especially with so much rubbish already going on with AGM's and the other off the park stuff.

I think it's only natural teams will be looking at Wallace given his age, experience and in the national team. Coming up to January I expet we will be seeing a good few articles about clubs looking at him.

Hope to god he stays but deep down I know he deserves to be playing at a much higher level.

Sometimes these things go under the radar, especially with so much rubbish already going on with AGM's and the other off the park stuff.

I think it's only natural teams will be looking at Wallace given his age, experience and in the national team. Coming up to January I expet we will be seeing a good few articles about clubs looking at him.

Hope to god he stays but deep down I know he deserves to be playing at a much higher level.

He made a decision to stay largely based on his family circumstances and extended his contract.

I agree with what you're saying and we probably couldn't turn down a large offer under our circumstances, but we've managed to keep him through three transfer windows since our demotion.

I'd heard absolutely fucka lol about him going/wanting to go/being linked away, I can't believe an employee has written an article like that for the site :lol:

Exactly. Simply invites discussion of it. Daft if you ask me (and thats me trying not to be cynical about the reasons for writing such a thing...)

Would he really want to go? He's now what 8 months away from being a year away from the "premiership" and European football. He never left where he could have done, Wallace would have got a club no problems had he left with Naismith and co.

He now constantly makes the Scotland squads and IMO will take over the captaincy of Rangers in the next year or so. I see him as an ambitious guy so unless it was a high end championship club I don't see him leaving. He won't go for a relegation dog fight imo

Would he really want to go? He's now what 8 months away from being a year away from the "premiership" and European football. He never left where he could have done, Wallace would have got a club no problems had he left with Naismith and co.

He now constantly makes the Scotland squads and IMO will take over the captaincy of Rangers in the next year or so. I see him as an ambitious guy so unless it was a high end championship club I don't see him leaving. He won't go for a relegation dog fight imo

Dunno, but if the offer was right we would probably force him to leave, plus he would prob double his wage, maybe treble them.

Dunno, but if the offer was right we would probably force him to leave, plus he would prob double his wage, maybe treble them.

If he doesn't ask to go mate we still need to pay up his contract. I never knew that's what happened till a deal last year revealed that's what happens

Agreed.

We won't be seein Europe for a few years and the level even in Championship is miles ahead of the premiership in Scotland.

If he doesn't ask to go mate we still need to pay up his contract. I never knew that's what happened till a deal last year revealed that's what happens

Aye I know mate, I see what you are saying. If the club can make a good bit of dosh out of it, he will be offski in a flash though. If not, he will stay.

Does that apply to all deals? Surely not? I guess if you are being forced out of a club against your will, the player can make it difficult, but dont think that's the standard with all deals