VB investigated according to DR

Bad Robot

There was no crime committed even by the person who added the crosses. Many missed the point that media who reported on this said they "believed" it was on our website. Well all the articles are there for anyone to view so they could have seen for themselves but clearly it wasn't there or the picture would have accompanied the story.

They ran a story with no evidence which was downright lies in some place, I know that will make some bears who don't like VB happy but so be it. They're not seeing the bigger picture here.

What they don't get is we treat the scum and their mhedia friends with the same contempt and hatred they treat us so it makes us targets. We're not scared to get our hands dirty and realise that from time to time people will try to get us into bother or shutdown.

Do you know how many times we've been threatened with legal action? Too many to mention..

Do you know how many times we've said go ahead and sue or report us? Everytime..

Do you know how many times we ever hear from these people again or their lawyers? Never..

And that's outwith the anonymous threats to us and our families,

But on you go VB haters, stick your boot in.

Thankfully most on RM do see the bigger picture.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What part was 'glorifying' him or his actions?

They compared a terrorist to somebody regarded as one of the heroes of Scottish history they were glorifying him by association in my view.

I could be wrong, I mean who can understand that lot, but I think that was the point of the display.

They compared a terrorist to somebody regarded as one of the heroes of Scottish history they were glorifying him by association in my view.

I could be wrong, I mean who can understand that lot, but I think that was the point of the display.

The point of the display was, imo, to highlight how fairly similar actions can be portrayed as being at opposite ends of the scale. Wallace murdered woman and children yet he's a good guy, sands (or any other terrorist involved in the troubles, be it protestant or Catholic) done the same and is a bad guy.

Just look at the whole carry on with Mandela. Some say he's the greatest guy that ever lived and some say he's a terrorist.

If, as Wilhelm said, it's a sorry state of affairs criminalizing a picture then that belief should apply to the things that you find distasteful or offensive too.

Na for me it's all about Rangers and the football - no add ons needed - no agenda other than success. Try it !

Sounds great in theory, however many, many bastards want our club dead and buried and the likes of Vanguard Bears defend us from those bastards. You live in a wee bubble all you want, get a huge foam hand and chant "Please score a goal" over and over like a wee girl and cheer for the defense and offense. The rest of us will feel attached to our club due to what it represents to us as football supporters do the world over.

The point of the display was, imo, to highlight how fairly similar actions can be portrayed as being at opposite ends of the scale. Wallace murdered woman and children yet he's a good guy, sands (or any other terrorist involved in the troubles, be it protestant or Catholic) done the same and is a bad guy.

Just look at the whole carry on with Mandela. Some say he's the greatest guy that ever lived and some say he's a terrorist.

If, as Wilhelm said, it's a sorry state of affairs criminalizing a picture then that belief should apply to the things that you find distasteful or offensive too.

Is it not meds time in Scuba world?

You have absolutely no knowledge about the things you ramble on about so don't embarrass yourself on your trolling.

Sounds great in theory, however many, many bastards want our club dead and buried and the likes of Vanguard Bears defend us from those bastards. You live in a wee bubble all you want, get a huge foam hand and chant "Please score a goal" over and over like a wee girl and cheer for the defense and offense. The rest of us will feel attached to our club due to what it represents to us as football supporters do the world over.

Because tweeting a picture and celebrating a few dead Celtic fans/rangers haters really showed them didn't it. Infact VB, and all the others who 'defend the club', have done such a great of job. We never have rangers haters in the press or on tv.

Then enlighten us with this knowledge you clearly possess

For starters Booby Sands was an armed robber who starved himself thinking he deserved to be treated as a POW and not a criminal. He belonged to a Terrorist/Criminal paramafia. You are everything I despise about Rangers fans, I wish you chose the other side when you had the chance instead of pretending to be a Bear yet spouting absolute nonsense about our traditions.

Because tweeting a picture and celebrating a few dead Celtic fans/rangers haters really showed them didn't it. Infact VB, and all the others who 'defend the club', have done such a great of job. We never have rangers haters in the press or on tv.

Tweeting a picture and celebrating? The picture belonged to a VB article ages ago, someone else updated it minus 2 folk who were now burning in hell. It was an updated photo, although as far as I know VB didn't edit the picture.

For starters Booby Sands was an armed robber who starved himself thinking he deserved to be treated as a POW and not a criminal. He belonged to a Terrorist/Criminal paramafia. You are everything I despise about Rangers fans, I wish you chose the other side when you had the chance instead of pretending to be a Bear yet spouting absolute nonsense about our traditions.

Is this picture one of our traditions now?

I don't think we really disagree about this although we express ourselves differently.

Freedom of expression of course is meaningless unless it extends to expressions you hate.

However freedom of expression doesn't apply in private spaces like football stadia, the owners determine what can be said or shown there and the football authorities decide what is acceptable when matches under their jurisdiction are played there.

Obviously a picture could comprise part of a crime, but I'm not sure that 'criminalising a picture' would be an accurate description of that.

Has there been an arrest? I'm not at all convinced that any crime has been committed. Possibly the picture could be seen as some sort of threat, particularly with the crosses over the two dead ones.

One thing's for sure, whoever put that thing together is an idiot if they didn't realise that the Police would be investigating it some time down the road. To not realise that is to have had your head in the sand for at least a decade.

All 50 of you I believe - ....

.... no wait I ain't going to believe the SOS even for a cheap laugh!

Should be pointed out that the Vanguard Bears did not have anything to do with the making up of that image.

It has been doctored to suit a certain agenda, which I can only assume is the result of the VB's good work in highlighting the bigotry shown by some quarters towards our culture.

The Vanguard Bears have said as much in a statement on their website. http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk

Shite journalism, of which we have came to expect sadly.

Keep up the work VB (tu)

Thanks for that link mate and yes, keep up the good work VB's

:7325: