if ally wasn't the rangers manager...

bettyblue

While youth development sounds great, it isn't possible to just start it in division 3 and be ready for the SPL. It takes setting up, planning and years of investment, and given that some of the best prospects left, some are available and the fans lost patience with the rest really quickly, I wonder if we are living in the real world. (Anyone who disagrees tell me your views on Cole, Perry, Hegarty, Hutton, Naismith, Hemmings.....)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Continually written off for instant success,by those calling for youth development

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While youth development sounds great, it isn't possible to just start it in division 3 and be ready for the SPL. It takes setting up, planning and years of investment, and given that some of the best prospects left, some are available and the fans lost patience with the rest really quickly, I wonder if we are living in the real world. (Anyone who disagrees tell me your views on Cole, Perry, Hegarty, Hutton, Naismith, Hemmings.....)

Youth? Is the real plan just to buy a new team in the top league and start afresh?Whats happens if the mhanks spend more and better?

Didnt say youth. Said developed team. As in moulded over a period of time.Honestly, unless given a huge pot of cash, significantly more than the bheggars have, can you see ally winning the top league? And would you trust ally to spend that money wisely?

not doing bad walked it last season,will walk it this season,so let him develop .......and if at the end of the day he doesnt master the lurgan bigot...lets look at it......

So who do you know that would come to Rangers for normal 1st division wages......and than live up to supports demands of winning every game

Why are we paying second only to the mhanks yet we're in the third tier?We could pay the wage bill of 50% of the players in the top league outwith the mhanks and still have change from what we currently pay.Black more than doubled his salary to join us. Mental.Cannot wait for our chief exec to sort out this maddness.

We won't unless there is big investment, or some serious change somehow.

But I'm assuming we will have fresh investment - people like King and Easedale have mentioned fresh investment

Tho if it's Ally that's in charge I'd be reluctant to let him waste it

My point is Celtic are pish 2-3-4 good signings and a good manager and let's take our title back

But I'm assuming we will have fresh investment - people like King and Easedale have mentioned fresh investment

Tho if it's Ally that's in charge I'd be reluctant to let him waste it

My point is Celtic are pish 2-3-4 good signings and a good manager and let's take our title back

Aye if of all the above happen then I agree, I wouldn't see why not. But I don't know if I've become a pessimist or a realist recently, I just worry about the future. I really hope Graham Wallace is the guy we all want him to be.

Aye if of all the above happen then I agree, I wouldn't see why not. But I don't know if I've become a pessimist or a realist recently, I just worry about the future. I really hope Graham Wallace is the guy we all want him to be.

He looks like the real deal, but there have been too many 'real deals' lately. Sadly, for me, I'm impressed by the fact he hasn't claimed to be a Rangers man - just shows how meaningless that phrase has become

So, have you seen improvement this season then?

I have. But not enough that I think winning the next division is a formality. Which should be a given with the players we have.

I wanted Ally out last season because from January forwards we were crap - no sign of progress. The board at that time stuck by him so I'm giving him another shot at it. Right now I'm undecided ( I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of one result ) but though we've improved , next year is a big jump and I hope he's up to it.

Time isn't on our side here. You have to ask yourself how many years do you want to take a chance with ?

to be fair I think this would be a good shout, but due to his comments ref administration and punnishment I think that one can be ruled out now by the fans generally. Not to mention he is with the Edinburgh wanna be peado boys.

The fans (me included) are fickle as fuck, half a dozen good performances in a row pinging the ball around, and any previous would be instantly forgotten, and he (Butcher or whoever) would be the new hero, I would rather remember Terry Butcher as an outstanding leader and player for us rather than vilify him for a few comments.

Just on the le Guen point...

He had about 6 months in the job, under extreme pressure to completely overhaul our entire club (which is still needed today) against significant resistance from existing 'jobs for the boys' back room staff and lazy, bevy merchant players before he was sacked.

Ally has/had 3 years under very little footballing pressure to rebuild and reshape our club, and has failed miserably half way through so far.

We are top of the league, but that is a given. The quality of player we have could get any manager to the top of the Scottish lower leagues by default.

A recognisable effective style of play should have been implemented from day one, i.e Swansea, Liverpool, Wigan, Arsenal, with players bought or brought through and training to fit this system everyday. This hasn't happened, if anything we've gone even further backwards.

Our players (signing and youth products) just seem to be getting worse and worse. Wallace is the only one for me that has maintained and improved.

Even bright sparks like McLeod, McKay and Aird who burst onto the scene have progressively got poorer somehow.

Serious questions need to be asked of Ally.