Alex Thomson blog

Millwall fan taking exception to being likened to Savile F.C.

Nick 05-Jan-14 at How DARE you mention us (Millwall) in the same breath of those IRA sympathising (or worse) anti British anti forces anti Monarchy scum ! We are more like Glasgow Rangers in beliefs . You lazy journo , whats up ? Needing attention ? Wanna make a name for yaself ? Next time do some homework you ignorant fool . And of course my beloved Millwall is an easy target for you vermin journo’s right ? We are use to it . But do NOT EVER liken us to THEM ! You are a disgrace . Nick / Millwall fan

Strange guy this Alex Thomson.

His current role is as television presenter and chief correspondent for Channel 4 News, part of ITN. He has covered fifteen wars as well as other major international conflicts.

In June 2012, Alex Thomson's vehicle, in which he and his Channel 4 News colleagues were traveling while covering the Syrian uprising, came under fire with his team his and was forced to take evasive action. According to Thomson, this was the result of a small group from the Free Syrian Army that actively and intentionally attempted to have the team killed on no-man's land by the government forces as a propagandistic stunt against Damascus.[1]

Strange that he now chooses to write about Rangers and them now? And also being obsessed by the media in Scotland?

Why does he care? the guy has been in war situations and nearly been killed why would he care about Scottish Football.

Limmy was charged for threatening Angela Haggerty and having her feature in the "taig of the day"* and telling Rangers fans to abuse her

Link here http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/12/09/rangers-podcaster-david-limond-convicted-religious-hate-crime-after-targeting

*fuck off FoCUS I was merely quoting.

2 things about this article. Despite drawing attention to the fact Celtic fans at amongst the worst fans around he immediately falls in to the "can't say anything bad about Celtic without saying something bad about Rangers" trap. Secondly this article is blatant in that it is a transparent friendly warning to Celtic fans that they are being watched.

It is funny to see them all beelin' that it's unfair to tar them all with the same brush yet not one fuck was given when he did the same to us.

Huddleboard & Celtic’s increasingly toxic image

Take, for example, the site known as the Huddleboard.

This purports to be a fans’ forum where people come and sound off from behind their keyboards in relative anonymity, brave men that they are – and they are mostly men it seems. Fair enough, passion and free speech and all that.

Except that those running this site either don’t seem to know or care that comment is one thing, crime is another.

Hot on the success of prosecuting Limond the excellent detectives of Police Scotland may well now be taking a close interest in Huddleboard and those who run it.

In reality Huddleboard is just another facet of the increasingly toxic public image of Celtic. The Seville days are ancient history. Like a bully with no natural competitors (though Rangers are on their way back), the Celtic of today is rightly gaining a reputation for the most consistently violent fans in the UK who attack stadiums as if we’re living in 1974.

They are Scotland’s modern Millwall: an underclass of extreme politics and mindless violence – the same old toxic brew.

That’s the Celtic Underclass on tour. The same cancer is reflected online. On Huddleboard for instance in recent days.

Open threats

Here so-called Celtic “supporters” openly threaten precisely the same journalist as Limond did. They threaten her with blatant physical and sexual assault for doing her job. It’s disgusting and laughably stupid – and yes guys – deleting any of it now is far far too late.

Even in the unlikely case of it being Rangers ‘fans’ on the stir, it is apparently being tolerated by the people moderating and running the site who bear responsibility in law. The details of the criminals engaged in this vile, inadequate idiocy will be known to those running the site. Their details are logged. And no, you can’t delete them either. Should they wish not to give such information to Police Scotland they will place themselves in an interesting position legally.

I have good reason to suppose the police may well soon require such information and rightly so.

Hiding behind having a server in the US is unlikely to hold up before a determined and professional police force. Hiding and huddling – not exactly heroic. I would advise the Huddleboard moderators to start moderating, publicly apologise for the criminality that has been published by fans and wipe this stuff from their output forever in future – though it may well be too late for that, legally speaking.

Calling time on Glasgow’s culture

Yet again, alongside Limond the obvious criminality on this site is startlingly clear to an outsider yet around Glasgow of course few even appear to notice.

But this is now. New Year. 21st Century. Post-Limond. Police aware. If Glasgow culture’s still stuck in early twentieth century tolerance of this filth, there are many outwith Clydeside who are not, and are calling time on you, here and now.

There are many well-moderated Scottish football sites run by grown-ups who can distinguish between a comment and a crime – The Scottish Football Monitor is one. Huddleboard is not one.

- See more at: http://blogs.channel...h.OZVZIKx7.dpuf

I just clicked on the blog link, some off the comments are class to many to list but worth a look for a laugh, they seem to think the only trouble was at Fir Park. short term memory loss comes to mind.

In what way?

With the tone he uses he sounds like a little bit of a hothead. Doesn't do his point any favours. Would have been better off staying a bit calmer. The way he's presented it allows whoever wants to to dismiss him as 'just another Millwall nutter', which is an easy get out for Thomson.

The guys got a point though. I'd be angry if I was a Millwall fan too as there was no need to drag them into it. I would just have tried my best to show my anger in a different way.

LOL did you read the guy James justifying that they have good reason to be anti-british etc lol

But they seem more than happy to take honours from the Queen for some of their ex-players/managers which is strange.

Billy Mcneill (M.B.E)

Martin O'neil (O.B.E)

Jock Stein (C.B.E)

To name but a few......

With the tone he uses he sounds like a little bit of a hothead. Doesn't do his point any favours. Would have been better off staying a bit calmer. The way he's presented it allows whoever wants to to dismiss him as 'just another Millwall nutter', which is an easy get out for Thomson.

The guys got a point though. I'd be angry if I was a Millwall fan too as there was no need to drag them into it. I would just have tried my best to show my anger in a different way.

People are entitled to sound angry when making a valid point

"The reasons as to Thomson's motives to endorse Phil - The Failed Journalist are unclear."

Could it be that such an up standing member of the journalistic community would accept payment for his services in this venture? Btw, was this piece of trash actually published by a reputable publishing house, or by one of those that'll print up any old crap if you pay them?