European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Thee BBC's text service is reporting that the EU Commission has suspended £45m ear marked for Scotland from the European Social Fund due to "irregularities" in spending. The ESF money provides money for projects aimed at creating and supporting jobs. It seems that problems with the Scottish Government's system for managing the funding were first highlighted last December. Scottish ministers are blaming a "technical fault" and say they are working to comply with EU regulations.

Now I'm not saying that this is directly linked to what has been going on regarding state aid to c****c, but it does make one wonder if some of the previously supplied funding may have gone to help cover some of the costs involved in the revamp of the land surrounding the piggery. Could be a story worth keeping an eye on. I had a quick look at the Scottish papers web sites and haven't found anything from them on this at the moment.

It's now on the Bbc political page Murdo Fraser quoted of saying this is disappointing and needs looking into and asked the snp to do so.

It's now on the Bbc political page Murdo Fraser quoted of saying this is disappointing and needs looking into and asked the snp to do so.

Surely some ace investigative journalist like Mark Daly will be tirelessly beavering away to get to the bottom of these "irregularities"?

What gets me is that if Scotland was getting an additional £45m the missing Krankie would be on the front page of every Scottish paper crowing about what she and the SNP had done. Yet here we have a story that should be getting press big time as projects and jobs could be at risk and we get virtually "he haw" about it. perhaps they're dealing with the same carpet supplier as that lot from the east end.

What gets me is that if Scotland was getting an additional £45m the missing Krankie would be on the front page of every Scottish paper crowing about what she and the SNP had done. Yet here we have a story that should be getting press big time as projects and jobs could be at risk and we get virtually "he haw" about it. perhaps they're dealing with the same carpet supplier as that lot from the east end.

Completely agree, SNP 's propaganda machine should be all over this like Hogweed rash, however it does not fit their agenda.

No negativity before the election (something smells fishy), however their track record in NHS Scotland & Education prove these individuals are not fit to govern.

Has anyone really looked at the land around Ibrox stadium and Bellahouston park lately ? Uncut grass ,potholes ,unpainted fences everywhere ,litter and refuse bags dumped opened and allowed to bring the whole place into a state of untidiness and look of being run down ? then hop over to Glasgow green and you will find them beavering away at making the place look perfect .Fences,upgrades and grass all tip top.The land around Beggars ground is almost spotless now compared to way it used to be ?nepotism just doesn't stop at job recruitment

Has anyone really looked at the land around Ibrox stadium and Bellahouston park lately ? Uncut grass ,potholes ,unpainted fences everywhere ,litter and refuse bags dumped opened and allowed to bring the whole place into a state of untidiness and look of being run down ? then hop over to Glasgow green and you will find them beavering away at making the place look perfect .Fences,upgrades and grass all tip top.The land around Beggars ground is almost spotless now compared to way it used to be ?nepotism just doesn't stop at job recruitment

And every time the media do a report they film it from as bad an angle as possible to highlight it. Not sure if it's true, but I heard a story last year that the club had got somebody to tidy up the grass in the surrounding area prior to the CG's. As for Bellahouston Park, the last time they paid any real attention to it may well have been when they put in a commemorative stone about the visit by the head tim a few years back.

A wee bit off topic here but would anyone know when we can see how much public money was spent in preparing Glasgow for the commonwealth games. I would think that would make for interesting reading when you consider how much of an upgrade a particular area of Glasgow seems to have received.

Was thinking this actually I can't help feeling if the open ground across the road from the Brox was across the road from breeze block boulevard it would be in pristine condition ... the state of it means that any pictures taken of the main stand from there (which is the obvious place to take them) will associate us with decay and neglect

Was thinking this actually I can't help feeling if the open ground across the road from the Brox was across the road from breeze block boulevard it would be in pristine condition ... the state of it means that any pictures taken of the main stand from there (which is the obvious place to take them) will associate us with decay and neglect

The council own it mate and its deliberately left in a state .The fucking corrupt monkeys at the GCC will be too happy to spend their budgets elsewhere .

A wee bit off topic here but would anyone know when we can see how much public money was spent in preparing Glasgow for the commonwealth games. I would think that would make for interesting reading when you consider how much of an upgrade a particular area of Glasgow seems to have received.

Total cost was £462 Million in public funding.

Total cost was £462 Million in public funding.

Thanks Inigo, I was just wondering really if there was a more specific breakdown. Like how much of the £462 million was apportioned to each particular arena, not suggesting impropriety just a cost of the work done in and around that area?

Thanks Inigo, I was just wondering really if there was a more specific breakdown. Like how much of the £462 million was apportioned to each particular arena, not suggesting impropriety just a cost of the work done in and around that area?

Porkheid £400m everything else £62m, Ibrox .42p :p20:

Surely some ace investigative journalist like Mark Daly will be tirelessly beavering away to get to the bottom of these "irregularities"?

For fuck sakes! what are they serving you in the Four Isles these days, mate? :lol:

:D

Four Isles? Never ventured down that neck of the woods, used to go to classy joints like the Double A.

Fuck! I remember the night the Double A had its opening :D It was bedlam in there and loaded with bints getting free cocktails :pipe: My Brother lived virtually next door to the Four Isles so it wasn't too bad at times.