European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

Glasgow City Council are responsible for determining listed building consent applications in their council area, but Historic Scotland do have a formal role in the process. After the Council has taken the decision to approve the demolition of any listed building, they must notify Historic Scotland before they issue consent. We cannot overturn a decision that has been made by the Council, but if we feel that a poor decision has been made and that the case raises issues of significant national interest we can recommend that it is called-in for determination by Scottish Ministers. This involves the case being fully reviewed by an independent reporter and normally takes about 6 months.

When we received the formal notification for the demolition of London Road Primary School we considered all the details of the case and concluded that, on balance, further consideration through the call-in process would be disproportionate and unlikely to result in the building being retained. I would like to assure you that we did not take this decision lightly and I attach a copy of our clearance letter to the Council, dated 26 June, which sets out our position in more detail.

If you are interested in seeing the background documents to the case, they are available on the Councils planning portal here: https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M6P7G7EXW4000. The Councils reasons for granting consent are set out in their committee report.

If you would like any further information on our involvement at London Road Primary School, please give me a ring on 0131 668 8630.

Yours sincerely

Louisa Humm.

Louisa Humm | Senior Heritage Management Officer, Historic Buildings West

Posted this a while back.

No attempt to justify why they gave permission to destroy a listed building. The land that listed building sat on was regenerated and gifted to a private company, who were expanding using commonwealth games money with the backing of the GGC. There was no attachment and every email I sent was answered with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ same response. It seemed they were only going to answer one question, which they never did!

Soulboy, if the Geo Tech report has now been released and if I remember, did you not say the VB have it?

Can you let us know if they're going to put if out into the public domain?

I didn't know pzj had the scums geo report until he tweeted he's had it for 6 months earlier this week.

As far as I'm aware GCC never got one done of their own.

No idea if pzj will release it or not.

I bookmark pzj twitter page but I don't have a twitter account myself, if someone does have a twitter account maybe they could ask him if he plans to release it.

John Stevens ‏@pzj_1 54m54 minutes ago

So the Celtic PLC geotechnical report at Westthorn was conducted by a ''trainee geologist'' who made ''asumptions' with no actual facts.

An important piece of work like this would always and I mean always be checked by a Senior Qualified member of staff before issue to a client.

very interesting report from PZJ regarding how much land at westhorn was planned for development

https://examplewordpresscom7073.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/glasgow-council-and-the-mysterious-lost-units-at-westthorn/

He also says a report from the coal board saying westhorn was ok to develop will be released shortly

In line with another thread I would say that PZJ is an unsung Rangers hero.

Again though, why are our impartial press and media not all over this?

They hoovered up and promoted lies about us which caused us no end of problems yet they are nowhere to be seen despite some of the documents raising a lot of issues.

In line with another thread I would say that PZJ is an unsung Rangers hero.

Again though, why are our impartial press and media not all over this?

They hoovered up and promoted lies about us which caused us no end of problems yet they are nowhere to be seen despite some of the documents raising a lot of issues.

Indeed great work From PZJ and the press taking no interest is disgraceful. They will maybe have to take notice before long.

Indeed great work From PZJ and the press taking no interest is disgraceful. They will maybe have to take notice before long.

Great work indeed. With all of the press attention regarding dodgy deals in the East of Scotland with possible links to members of the SNP it wouldn't surprise me if the land deals in Glasgow gets brought up to try and get the spotlight off the missing Krankie and her pals.

Great work indeed. With all of the press attention regarding dodgy deals in the East of Scotland with possible links to members of the SNP it wouldn't surprise me if the land deals in Glasgow gets brought up to try and get the spotlight off the missing Krankie and her pals.

Exactly. Deflection tactic. Wonder if East End SNP MSP John Mason has changed his tune away form his "anti-Irish angle" to "it needs further transparency and investigation"

An important piece of work like this would always and I mean always be checked by a Senior Qualified member of staff before issue to a client.

If you read part 2 of pzj's piece on westhorn then it explains why it wouldn't need checked

https://examplewordpresscom7073.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/westthorn-the-contrived-abnormals-that-benefited-celtic-plc-part-two/

Another piece today by PZj about the scum selling strathy park to the council for double what was previously quoted ten months before with no reduction for abnormals which gcc said all land in the east end had.

Also westhorn getting massive discount because of abnormals because the scum wanted to buy it from gcc even though westhorn and strathy park were a stones throw away. one was massively discounted one was not.

https://examplewordpresscom7073.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/celtic-plc-strathy-park-and-how-it-doubled-its-price-in-ten-months/

Another piece today by PZj about the scum selling strathy park to the council for double what was previously quoted ten months before with no reduction for abnormals which gcc said all land in the east end had.Also westhorn getting massive discount because of abnormals because the scum wanted to buy it from gcc even though westhorn and strathy park were a stones throw away. one was massively discounted one was not.https://examplewordpresscom7073.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/celtic-plc-strathy-park-and-how-it-doubled-its-price-in-ten-months/

I'll give PZJ his due,he's not giving up on this. He deserves a medal for the work he's done on this. I do wonder if anything will come of this at times, but it only takes one little piece for this whole house of cards, to come crashing down, taking all the guilty ones with it.

Another piece today by PZj about the scum selling strathy park to the council for double what was previously quoted ten months before with no reduction for abnormals which gcc said all land in the east end had.

Also westhorn getting massive discount because of abnormals because the scum wanted to buy it from gcc even though westhorn and strathy park were a stones throw away. one was massively discounted one was not.

https://examplewordpresscom7073.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/celtic-plc-strathy-park-and-how-it-doubled-its-price-in-ten-months/

See that as a very brief, very high level summary should have some authority governmental or police taking interest. It's not the actual deals that have me amazed it's the utter silence from the powers that be.