European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

I ran the whole Lennoxtown situation past someone with no interest in Scottish football to see how it would look to a total outsider. The words he used were "for all intensive purposes it looks like The Lennoxtown Partnership was just a vehicle for a form of money laundering of public money in to a football club". Pretty much the same as my own views. Having said that neither of us have any knowledge of local government or business finance, but it was good to get a view on this set up from someone who could not be described as for us or against them. The other point he made was how many laws may have been broken in regard to the public bodies having failed to keep/maintain accurate records on where so much money had been spent.

How many titles will be stripped?

How many titles will be stripped?

I think its much bigger than mere title stripping m8, you really cant have a football club involved in

corrupt dealings with democratically elected govt. officials as that would be a complete undermining of

the democratic process, suspension from taking part in any football activities for a number of years

along with title stripping and massive fines would be a punishment to fit the crime, if they are found

guilty.

Jonok, do you remember the TV interviews wee neil gave about how the use of EBT's was financial doping and that financial doping was just like match fixing so titles should be stripped? Well we were not guilty, however the use of millions secured against land obtained via dodgy deals to put a league winning side on the park most certainly is financial doping. I'd have to say they'll be convicted and sentenced by their own words. So every title they have one since Martin O'neil got his £20m to spend will have to be stripped as will any cups won during this period. It should be noted that more that one club Rangers would gain titles if this were to happen, unlike when they were pushing for titles to be stripped

They must also be placed in the lowest tier of the Scottish leagues and any money due from the SPL/SFA withheld. If this was not to happen then the SPL/SFA could very easily be on the end of a court case from shareholders of Rangers for the money withheld from the club post admin. Bearing in mind that the actions taken against Rangers were issued on the appearance of a "Prima Facia" case against the club, any action must be taken against c****c immediately the EU investigation is elevated to full status. Also at that time any official of c****c must be removed from any post within the governing bodies of the SPFL and SFA.

As for the GCC, EDC, Lenoxtown Partnership or NHS, any official involved in the deals must be suspended with immediate effect pending a criminal investigation for fraud and corruption if the EU investigation is elevated to full status.

I agree with everything you have said m8, the mind boggles at the enormity of the crime that may have

been committed here, if they are found guilty their crime goes way beyond tax avoidance, it would be a crime against

the democracy the people of this country cherish ............... WATP. (tu)

I think its much bigger than mere title stripping m8, you really cant have a football club involved in

corrupt dealings with democratically elected govt. officials as that would be a complete undermining of

the democratic process, suspension from taking part in any football activities for a number of years

along with title stripping and massive fines would be a punishment to fit the crime, if they are found

guilty.

Look forward to them getting the same treatment that we received!

Guilty until proven innocent I do believe!

The spfl cannot demote them to the 3rd division, like we were, our oldco was liquidated and we didn't hold a license to play, we had to go to the 3rd division

The tarriers will be stripped of all titles and honours and told to pay back what they owe,

The big thing would be if every club affected (including European teams) sued the bastards for loss of monies because the rattlers beat them with effectively an illegal team

Now that would be interesting

The spfl cannot demote them to the 3rd division, like we were, our oldco was liquidated and we didn't hold a license to play, we had to go to the 3rd division

The tarriers will be stripped of all titles and honours and told to pay back what they owe,

The big thing would be if every club affected (including European teams) sued the bastards for loss of monies because the rattlers beat them with effectively an illegal team

Now that would be interesting

I would love even half of that to happen. However unfortunately I can see them slithering their way out of it. They'll end up with a minimal fine if that!

Just one thing to remember state aid rules say all public land must be advertised for sale to maximise best price, the scum broke this rule not once but twice by having a binding contract to buy London Rd school if it became available and Westhorn wasn't advertised either.

Absolute scandal if they get away with breaking the same rule twice. Not to mention the 6 other land deals and an MP's intervention

Just one thing to remember state aid rules say all public land must be advertised for sale to maximise best price, the scum broke this rule not once but twice by having a binding contract to buy London Rd school if it became available and Westhorn wasn't advertised either.

Absolute scandal if they get away with breaking the same rule twice. Not to mention the 6 other land deals and an MP's intervention

Will the mainstream media pursue this the same way they pursued the EBT story etc?

The Taigs are experts in deflecting and sweeping- it took 20 years for the truth to come out about Uncle Jim Torbett.

I was actually going to publish the link (below) to the latest EC newsletter and suggest a decision would be soon based on the amount of cases in the latest newsletter.

The info from PZJ about a decision soon doesn't suprise me. I think once they open a full investigation they normally need to come to a decision within two months unless they appeal their own timescales. I could be wrong but that's my interpretation of their process.

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/newsletter/current_issue.pdf