AC Milan set to name Clarence Seedorf as their new manager

bluenose_72

After the disastrous defeat away at Sassuolo last night there was only one outcome regarding Allegri's short term future at the club. He was due to leave at the end of the season but Barbara Berlusconi ensured he was getting chucked now. IMO it is a few months too late and it is almost impossible to rescue the season and get Champions League football.

The plan all along seemed to be that once Allegri left in the summer, he would be replaced by Seedorf. Last night there were rumours that Pippo Inzaghi was going to take over until the end of the season but it looks like Seedorf will take the job now instead of in the summer since he has a clause in his contract at Botafogo that will allow him to leave early without any fuss.

So is the right appointment for Milan? Would they have been better looking for a more experienced manager?

The only coaching experience he will have is if he is a player/coach at Botafogo, no idea if he is or not. With the 2 candidates being 2 former players with little or no experience whoever they went for was going to be a risk. It looks as though it's going to either be a stroke of genius or a disaster.

I think he has the makings of a cracking coach.

I don't think I've seen a more intelligent or composed player in a long time, a model pro throughout his career and if he can transfer those abilities into his managerial game then this could turn out to be a very shrewed move.