Big 18month ahead for the board

KingKirk

Making cuts and trying to make profit is all good at this level... Looking down the road tho there will be a time when we require massive investment(10million plus IMO) to get this squad upto a level so that we are able to mount a challenge to win the premiership and qualify for Europe.... I must say that is the only worry I have over the current board.. Do they have the funds to take us to the top again? Time will tell!

Will be very very interested to see what the Board will do to generate investment (possibly tranches of it at times when it is evident or anticipated that funds would be needed to fuel the football ambition). As the OP points out, this along with managing the Club on a financially sustainable basis looks to be one very big challenge for the Board, and a very big challenge for the Manager, Coaches and Squad to actually deliver the promotions to put us in a position to start to get competitive in the top league then competitive to the point of winning it in the fastest timescale achievable.

I still cannot help wondering if the Board may not rely exclusively on some form of institutional investments or of big name investors. Part of the solution to obtain decent amounts of cash for player investment could perhaps come from a call to Supporters to contribute to a player fund ring fenced from all other spending commitments at Ibrox. IE a fighting fund exclusively for securing the best players (including retaining those who are already on the books and critical to future success. This would not be investment - it would be gift by Supporters for the benefit of the Club including its Supporters. The benefit being restoration to the top as fast as possible. Getting there by the more conventional models of rich owners, or wealth from TV rights and european games and advertising etc may simply not be enough nowadays so a different Supporter contribution may be needed. Across the globe 30,000 Supporters giving £1000 per season (or £100 per month for 10 months every year) would generate a sizeable fighting fund. Granted poor judgements on player retention / acquisition could mean some of that fund is squandered but that is a risk that may be worth taking to achieve the goal of restoration to the top as quickly as possible. Money - serious money - may yet be needed for that and a Board that waits for investment via conventional means may not be sufficient because the financial gap to close may be very difficult to close by conventional means. I suppose the question would be - would Bears worldwide be prepared to dig deeper into pockets to make that sort of contribution if the Board found a robust and workable way to enable it.

Trust Wallace to do what is right. We will get to where we should be. Have faith.

I really hope you are right mate because the sceptic are stock piling the cash from the CL and the selling of their two best players, the scum have hardly spent a penny after raking it in because they know we are coming to challenge them very soon, i hope someone steps up to the cause and gives us a pile to sign the players we need to get our title back first time of asking.

The tarriers wont spend this "warchest" they are saving up :lol: wishful thinking from them.

it will go to servicing their soft loans and be there in case the walls come crashing down around them with this land deal/ state aid carry on.

They will not be spending lots of money trying to beat us IMO.

Will be very very interested to see what the Board will do to generate investment (possibly tranches of it at times when it is evident or anticipated that funds would be needed to fuel the football ambition). As the OP points out, this along with managing the Club on a financially sustainable basis looks to be one very big challenge for the Board, and a very big challenge for the Manager, Coaches and Squad to actually deliver the promotions to put us in a position to start to get competitive in the top league then competitive to the point of winning it in the fastest timescale achievable.

I still cannot help wondering if the Board may not rely exclusively on some form of institutional investments or of big name investors. Part of the solution to obtain decent amounts of cash for player investment could perhaps come from a call to Supporters to contribute to a player fund ring fenced from all other spending commitments at Ibrox. IE a fighting fund exclusively for securing the best players (including retaining those who are already on the books and critical to future success. This would not be investment - it would be gift by Supporters for the benefit of the Club including its Supporters. The benefit being restoration to the top as fast as possible. Getting there by the more conventional models of rich owners, or wealth from TV rights and european games and advertising etc may simply not be enough nowadays so a different Supporter contribution may be needed. Across the globe 30,000 Supporters giving £1000 per season (or £100 per month for 10 months every year) would generate a sizeable fighting fund. Granted poor judgements on player retention / acquisition could mean some of that fund is squandered but that is a risk that may be worth taking to achieve the goal of restoration to the top as quickly as possible. Money - serious money - may yet be needed for that and a Board that waits for investment via conventional means may not be sufficient because the financial gap to close may be very difficult to close by conventional means. I suppose the question would be - would Bears worldwide be prepared to dig deeper into pockets to make that sort of contribution if the Board found a robust and workable way to enable it.

Like and agree with a lot you say there but last year fans got the opportunity to buy shares and I reckon only a few thousand actually did so. So cant see where this 30,000 supporters contributing double the minimum share offer every year is going to come from.

The tarriers wont spend this "warchest" they are saving up :lol: wishful thinking from them.

it will go to servicing their soft loans and be there in case the walls come crashing down around them with this land deal/ state aid carry on.

They will not be spending lots of money trying to beat us IMO.

Timing is everything here, wouldnt it be great that as we get back into the top tier the mhanks get booted down. Now that would be a Carlsberg moment :thumbup:

I really hope you are right mate because the sceptic are stock piling the cash from the CL and the selling of their two best players, the scum have hardly spent a penny after raking it in because they know we are coming to challenge them very soon, i hope someone steps up to the cause and gives us a pile to sign the players we need to get our title back first time of asking.

the scum do not have the riches of which you speak they are too busy paying soft loans, wait until the REAL value of re-payment kicks in , for money borrowed £ 33 million , loan re-payment £ 3 -4 million per annum, and that day is coming , oh' yes ", we are coming down the road."

It will be an interesting time for the board...

Wallace is Experienced and is the most experienced CEO, in terms of running a Football Club we have had in recent times.

People need to remember at the AGM, he asked for 120days and during that time he will be looking into every aspect of the business, two of the things proposed was:-

-Refocus our Commercial growth agenda to drive short term financial impacts in conjunction with finalising the club's brand positioning.

My thinking is that Mr.Nash, will be looking at that area of the business, Which is apparently what he is good at due to securing that Sponsorship deal for Liverpool.

It would make sense to have people working out the Cost Cutting aspects and having someone trying to achieve new Commercial Deals - I don't think that position has been filled since Imran left as (Commercial Director).But i would also reckon he is providing advice to Stockbridge/Wallace during the cost cutting.

Stadium renaming was a touchy subject

Auchenhowie renaming - Something mentioned awhile ago now...

Maybe even ask one of our club partners if they would help us with the re-development of Edmiston House. (Aside from the Ibrox Bar, Which was recently opened in conjunction with Blackthorn, i think.

(Saying that, we have never seen any plans for Edmiston House, aside from plans shown by Jim Hannah months & months ago, which had a Club Museum & Offices.)- Which i find strange, why they have it just sitting empty, when they could be using it in some fashion.

-Complete a detailed Business Review looking at all areas of club operations and organisation, developing and implementing required action

I would imagine that this would be a massive task to even attempt to try and sort out it out, (We do know that now things appear to be changing McCoist has finally penned the contract to have a 50% Wage Cut - (Hopefully the other Directors & Coaches follow McCoists lead), now we have no idea what agreements have been made in regards to future wages etc. Not sure why it has took so long to agree to it, considering McCoist publicly stated he would awhile back.

I do believe that if Wallace can complete everything outlined in his 120day plan, then i believe that the investors will look at the club in a completely different light compared to at the moment. We just need to put our trust in Wallace to turn it round.

What if, let's say we managed to get the GCC to sell us some land for a few thousand, then get that land properly valued, then use that land as collateral for a bank loan of about £10million, would that not be a good idea? I don't know if this has been done before, & it may well be morally corrupt, &, of course, it could be said that we'd be gaining a sporting advantage, through state aid, but apart from that, & if you start talking about sporting integrity, then it might not be a good idea, but, if we can suppress the media, get Rangers minded guys into the top positions in the country, & get Rangers Directors onto the SFA board, & the SPFL board, keep quiet about the story, we should be alright. If the story is leaked somehow, we can always stress that we bought the land to aid the local community, and if it does go any further, we can always ask if every club in the SPFL is being investigated, as they're much worse than we are, or, at the very least, just as bad as us.

Maybe we shouldn't bother with this, after all, we're not cheats, and doing this, would be cheating.