Regan wants Wallace to sort Rangers Finances.

gogzy

Quelle surprise! Me thinks many in the media and football authorities in this wee country are trying a PR manoeuvre to get back onside with those who they hurt and crossed. They have had their fun and bloodlust , not forgetting the Kangaroo courts. Realise the mess everything is in and cannot continually blame us. With Hertz going through a slow and painful 'death' , they know it has backfired.

Also wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to soften things for everyone , for when they whitewash the Celtic Land deals situation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True CoopsLaud, it's all about the future. The future of how much money they can gain from us being back in the top division, with the added slight insult that it's us that need them as we're a money losing re-incarnated club.

The SFA are blackmailing crooks.

True CoopsLaud, it's all about the future. The future of how much money they can gain from us being back in the top division, with the added slight insult that it's us that need them as we're a money losing re-incarnated club.

The SFA are blackmailing crooks.

Indeed. Maybe he's forgotten all about the attempts to get us to 'hand over' a few titles for a place in a higher division.

SFA supremo Stewart Regan tells Rangers chief Graham Wallace: Scottish football needs you to fix Ibrox club

15 Jan 2014 07:15

REGAN yesterday revealed he has held talks with Gers CEO Wallace since he was appointed last month and says the sooner he can get the club back on their feet the better for our game.

Stewart%20Regan-1173912.jpg Stewart Regan

STEWART REGAN last night urged new Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace to fix the Ibrox club for the good of Scottish football.

The SFA supremo believes our game needs a resurgent Rangers if it is to prosper – and he hopes Wallace can haul the club back on to a sound financial footing.

Rangers must go through an audit process for the SFA’s Licensing Committee and accounts need to be lodged by March 31 before the governing body can renew the club’s licence.

Regan hopes the process can be completed without complications and admits the sooner Rangers get back on their feet the better it will be for Scottish football.

Speaking as he helped launch an initiative to battle against corruption entering the Scottish game, Regan revealed he has had talks with Wallace since the former Manchester City financial director was appointed last month.

Manchester City FC/Press Association Images JS29218031-2816039.jpg Graham Wallace

SFA chief executive Regan said: “Graham is trying to put Rangers in a stronger place and it would be good for Scottish football if he could.

“We’ve spoken about the challenges he faces and Graham has a lot of work ahead of him.”

Wallace has embarked on a programme of budget cuts and on Friday manager Ally McCoist signed off a 50 per cent wage reduction.

Regan has argued the game needs a strong Rangers and was criticised for trying to absorb the club into the old First Division when it emerged from liquidation in the summer of 2012.

He was unsuccessful and predicted a grim future for the game following the decision to place Rangers in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Since then Hearts have suffered an insolvency event but yesterday Regan was unable to offer any words of consolation to the Jambos as they campaign to be allowed to change the conditions of their transfer embargo to combat personnel problems.

Regan said: “The rules of the game have to be carried out in a fair and consistent manner. You can’t have one rule for one club and another one for another.”

FROM AROUND THE WEB:

Just as I predicted, you are going to hear plenty of this as we get nearer kickin them up the arse. Lies and Patronising, it wisnae us shite, a big bhoy dun it an ran away, we tried to help, aye tried to help kill us you shower of bitter, twisted, jealous scum ! They do it so brassed necked as well, not a red face in sight !

In my opinion I say Wallace doing the right thing Rangers has to build some sort of a relationship with SPFL and SFA regardless whether we like it or not. I have an old saying "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer".

The last sentence did make me laugh one rule Hahahahaha.

If it had said that then it would be fine but it doesn't.

It implying that it's basically a new club following on from the old one from my point of view.

That's the point.

They say it like that so C*ltic fans guffaw at how 'even the papers are saying you're dead'

We get outraged

When pressed, they can simply respond with 'Oh, but we meant it like this - sorry if you took offence'

Bastards

Now I'm not normally a pessimist, but I am concerned that this poisonous elf of middle earth where PL is to be found, is banding about statements " all SFA member clubs must submit audited accounts to Hampden by 31 March as part of their application for a licence for next season", this early in the year, given their reputation for alleged fair play (yer right) and goal post moving. I would not be surprised if this is a precursor to some sort of new campaign to railroad our resurgence. Time will tell I guess, but would prefer Regan, Doncaster and ultimately Lawwell to be as far away from us as is gravitationally possible.

"Scottish football needs a financially strong Rangers" a regan quote from another article, changed his fucking tune a bit hasn't he? They know we are getting closer and closer to the top and they are shitting themselves trying to undo all the damage, they did to their reputation in our eyes.