Brugge away 1993

JSP

Id like rangers fans to share their maddest,oddest and funniest experiences while following rangers in europe im sure there are plenty, so heres one of ours we travelled to Belgium for our champions league game versus brugge in 93 we stayed in Ostend not far from brugge , we arrived on the Saturday before the game on the wed we did 5 days back then (KILLER),Ostend as it turned out was quiet in march and baltic so basically we had to do our own entertaining you know the score plenty drinking a few sing songs and just generally rip the piss out each another (god forbid you had a weakness) so come the sunday we were in top form in a bar when in walked a dozen or so lads mixed they were all brits, as the day went on they informed us they were Royal Navy serving on HMS JERSEY docked in ostend port being good bears we set them all up a drink and had a cracking afternoon swapping tales of our adventures and getting plenty of theirs ,as day turned to night and everyone getting slowly drunk one piped up do you fancy being our guests tomorrow lads on the boat i think we said yes and just carried on the merriment , as the night wore on we said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways before we know it its the next day and were trying to recollect our memories of our day with the navy ,hey they invited us to go to their boat one of us remembered , dont talk pish cannot happen said another , one of the other lads said F_CK it were going, 2 taxis were phoned passports looked out away we went about 12.30 am we pulled up at the port explained to security he contacted the boat 10 mins later a navy chap arrived and confirmed we were i invited and duly took us down to HMS JERSEY a guy who was with us the day before welcomed us on and said we ask everybody nobody has ever turned up your the first , he took us to a mess area gave us 2 slabs of beer and told us to tuck in as he was going to rouse a few of our new friends, we went on to have a fantastic day with free beer and food all day, great banter , wee sing song and a large white ensign flag to carry out which sometimes is still taken to games, absolutely brilliant day their kindness was beyond the call , HMS JERSEY DECOMMISIONED IN 1994 WIKIPEDIA

Was in bruge also, had a wee skirmish in a pub up at the ground with some bruge fans with scum scarfs before the game.was in a big bar in the town centre in the morning when we arrived and they played loyalist music for us it was scorching

Hot so the sash bash ended up out in the street.

Had a great day.also the atmosphere in the ground at the game was superb.all in all a good

Trip as was the cska game in Bochum in Germany but it was fucking Baltic.

So many funny experiences

Caseyjones getting skelped with a cup of tea off a mad Turk in Bursaspor and his face drowned in tea

Getting a ride from hotel to pub in Hamburg in a real ambulance with real ambulance drivers driving with the sirens on while me and my mate ride shot gun with a can of beer

A taxi driver in Lisbon hooking Caseyjones because he felt threatened and speeding off

Look for sugar frosties in Panathiniakos and ask a guy - he drags his bird out the shop and says here you go friend and I say naw mate she's a fucking pig and him taking offence and him getting a sore face and going running shouting for the police

Fiorentina staying in a villa and having a sash bash and pool party crazy o'clock in morning and literally seeing every other guest on site in the other villas doing midnight flits and fucking off in their cars, bags packed disgusted

Bucharest bursting for a pish and go to an old gate at abandoned factory all of a sudden spot lights coming on, dugs woofing and cunts with guns to my head - I'd only trespassed on site to the Romanian army hq casual as you like

In Moscow either Dynamo or cskA ended up at a mad hoose in the middle of a Forrest drinking moonshine vodka teaching them the sash and a group of crazy Russians claiming it as their new favourite song

Malmo Caseyjones leaving his bag at a Malmo hotel, us driving through the night to Denmark about 4.5 hours for a flight home about 7am next morning and him realising he forgot his bag and it had his Wallet passport and boarding passes in it - trains planes and automobiles for him to get from Billind to Copenhagen to Malmo to Gothenburg and £350 for a flight to London

Copenhagen my mate taking a sugar frostie back to our hotel room but he's farted and followed through in the lift so he takes her in does a quick handstand in the shower and comes out and she's done a runner with everything he had :lol:

Fc haka in Finland landing at the airport and there's this big trotting Irish cunt sat reading the Irish times so one of the boys goes over and asks him nicely as anything "excuse me sir may I see the sports section of your newspaper?" He gives him it and he then rolls it up and starts hitting him with it on the head Rab c Nesbit style going "ya dirty Fenian bastard"

Shelbourne in Liverpool a group of 4 Rangers fans using some wee Irish cunt as a human battering ram literally - using his heed to try and burst the door on one of their buses :lol:

Aw fuck am gonna stop now I'll be here all day :lol: I'll add more later

Nearly crashed on motorway in valencia doing 70mph my big mate had a hold of the drivers moustache and wouldn't let it go pulling it towards himself,we are in stitches in the back poor cunts shouting "amigo amigo no no no".

Same big mate in villareal got police horse in a headlock.

A few no nice things happened at the fountain in the square in lisbon aswell but the less said the better.

Said it before on here there's nothing better that watching the famous abroad with your mates.

Me and a mate were working in Carlisle and decided to go to the Shelbourne game in Tranmere.

So off we went in the works van , problem was , we didn't have tickets. So every car we passed with bears in it we would make the sign of a T ( looking for tickets ) with no success.

We got there a couple of hours before kick off and went about the pubs looking for spare tickets , not wasting time to even buy a drink. Still with no success , we headed to the ground asking aloud but still nothing.

Over an hour later , we'd reached the ground , still ticketless. As a last resort we saw a security guard so thought we've nothing to lose , let's ask him if he can get us in and give him a couple of quid. So we ask him if there's any way he can get us in and he points to a door and says ' yes , there's a pay-in gate there ' .

Turns out the stand down the side of the ground was open to locals. Quite strange listening to The Sash being sung in a scouse accent !

So many funny experiences

Caseyjones getting skelped with a cup of tea off a mad Turk in Bursaspor and his face drowned in tea

Getting a ride from hotel to pub in Hamburg in a real ambulance with real ambulance drivers driving with the sirens on while me and my mate ride shot gun with a can of beer

A taxi driver in Lisbon hooking Caseyjones because he felt threatened and speeding off

Look for sugar frosties in Panathiniakos and ask a guy - he drags his bird out the shop and says here you go friend and I say naw mate she's a fucking pig and him taking offence and him getting a sore face and going running shouting for the police

Fiorentina staying in a villa and having a sash bash and pool party crazy o'clock in morning and literally seeing every other guest on site in the other villas doing midnight flits and fucking off in their cars, bags packed disgusted

Bucharest bursting for a pish and go to an old gate at abandoned factory all of a sudden spot lights coming on, dugs woofing and cunts with guns to my head - I'd only trespassed on site to the Romanian army hq casual as you like

In Moscow either Dynamo or cskA ended up at a mad hoose in the middle of a Forrest drinking moonshine vodka teaching them the sash and a group of crazy Russians claiming it as their new favourite song

Malmo Caseyjones leaving his bag at a Malmo hotel, us driving through the night to Denmark about 4.5 hours for a flight home about 7am next morning and him realising he forgot his bag and it had his Wallet passport and boarding passes in it - trains planes and automobiles for him to get from Billind to Copenhagen to Malmo to Gothenburg and £350 for a flight to London

Copenhagen my mate taking a sugar frostie back to our hotel room but he's farted and followed through in the lift so he takes her in does a quick handstand in the shower and comes out and she's done a runner with everything he had :lol:

Fc haka in Finland landing at the airport and there's this big trotting Irish cunt sat reading the Irish times so one of the boys goes over and asks him nicely as anything "excuse me sir may I see the sports section of your newspaper?" He gives him it and he then rolls it up and starts hitting him with it on the head Rab c Nesbit style going "ya dirty Fenian bastard"

Shelbourne in Liverpool a group of 4 Rangers fans using some wee Irish cunt as a human battering ram literally - using his heed to try and burst the door on one of their buses :lol:

Aw fuck am gonna stop now I'll be here all day :lol: I'll add more later

Some of those are absolutely...um.... charming. :D

Some more ...

My mate Davy The Jakey some on here know, we went to Israel for the Tel Aviv game... coming back the armed Police plucked him out the line and asked to see his passport which he showed them. They then asked if he had another photo and again he obliged, but this time it was a wee Bob The Builder cartoon picture with a Sash on ... the armed coppers weren't amused ... they started asking him all sorts of security questions .. name - answered .... age ... anwsered .... address ... anwsered .... what was your Grandfathers name? HOW THE FUCK SHOULD A KNOW MATE was the reply ... bang ... guns pointed at him and fired into a wee room... thought we'd never see him again :lol: they threw him on the plane with literally the door shutting and he sits down mumbling "bastards have nae sense of humour" :lol:

Bochum ... couple of members on here who shall remain nameless all having a beer at the Bermuda Triangle area of town ... flags up, beer flowing ... these Turkish bastards walks past and gobs on my flag and kicks it... I was at the bar when this happened and seen it and charged down ... the pub empties ... full scale battle ... it ends up at the end of the street bottles and chairs going back and forth and I'm left in the original spot with the biggest bastard out the lot ... it was like something out a film where your hitting the big guy as hard as you can and he's not even flinching ... your running out of breath and saying to yourself "someone please stop this fight" lol .... then he pulls out a blue flick knife and waves it in my face .... someone then managed to calm him down and talk him into putting it away then BANG double crossed someone else finishes him :lol:

Nuremberg pre season years ago ... in a lap dancing ... I'm the only sensible one out the lot ... we walk in, buy beers and take a seat watching the woman dance .. the idea is you buy pretend dollars at the bar and ram them doon their knickers and they cash them in at the end of their shift ... the boys I was with were wee pervs they just sat drinking and watching while I'm doon the front firing all sorts of cash doon their pants ... then after a while one of the girls climbs down ... goes upto them and screams YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME DOLLARS YOU BASTARDS NOT JUST DRINK and stormed off ... she came back and she whispers to me "do you want to make your friends regret not spending money, I will take you next door and give you full sex for only 20 euro .. I make more dancing but it will show your friends what happen if they are nice and spend money" and daft arse here then counter-offers "10 euros" :) .. we all got invited to leave

Another Athens one ... me and my 3 mates are looking for a bar ... nothing anywhere and this wee old dodgy looking cunt at a fountain goes "boys you want beer? girls? music?" we said aye and he says follow me, I'm going this direction anyway, nothing here .... so we follow him for what must have literally been 2 miles ... past loads of amazing looking bars but we say to ourselfs naw this guy is doing us a favour just keep going ... he mumbles on route something about Pernod and Orange juice being the Greek's national drink ... ok then, we will have that .... we finally get to the boozer and the place looks like a citizens advice bereu from the outside ... brown curtains and a pishy blue door ... walk in and it's deed, there's flies and everything and it's just white tiles .... we say right fuck it we are here now, let's just have a drink and go .... I say I'll get them and decide to get the old boy a Pernod and Orange too for his effort even if the pubs pish ... he says thank you very much ... and then goes behind the bar with his drink and starts washing dishes and counting the money in the till the fuckin old bastard and then bills me something like 50/60 euros for 4 Pernod and orange juices ... done up like a kipper there ... put me in a cunt of a mood the rest of the day :lol:

Werder Bremen got the bus that left from The District on PRW ... my Dad was working in Rotterdam at the time and told me him and the other Scottish, English and Irish boys from the yard were running a coach to the game ... so I get the bus to drop me in Rotterdam and I hook up with ma Dad ... it was an amazing big luxury coach they hired .... we got about 40 minutes from Bremen and my Dad hits out wae "right John when you handing out the tickets" ... WTF ... whit fucking tickets? .... he says "I told you we needed 18 tickets" and I said aye, but I didn't know you expected me to pull them out my arse ..... panic stations ... got there and managed to get the 18 off Dougie Park at a hotel on the outskirts of Bremen ....came into the pub they were all sat ... say the tickets were 34 euros ... everyone kept throwing down 50 euro notes taking their tickets and walking away telling me to keep the change ... which I hate doing, but it was happening fast and they all kept moving ... fuck it I said .... so I say to my old man who can't walk at this point right ye ready to go and he's like where's ma ticket? and I'm like I gave ye it ya dick ... "well I've lost it" ... ffs so I give him mine saying to myself well he doesn't get the chance to do this very often plus he's always been more of a Dumbarton fan so he can experience it I'll take one on the chin for him ....

Get upto the entrance to the Rangers end and surprise surprise he's lost the other one I gave him ... by this time I was raging ... just at that the guys behind us must have heard us because they just pushed the two of us right through and that was us in

After that coming back on the bus my Dads mates on the bus said how you getting home? and I said getting the bus back to Glasgow when I get to Rotterdam and they are all like no way, your not getting a bus back .. go back to your Dad's tonight - we will sort it .... by this time I was steaming, tired and just trusted them .... the next day my Dad came in from work with two envelopes ... one had 380 euros in it .... it was the left over kitty money from the match and a wee whip round they all had as a thank you for the tickets and the other envelope was a first class flight ticket KLM from Amsterdam to Glasgow off one of the bosses for getting him, his wife and wee boy the match tickets - it all worked out amazing in the end :D

Me and a mate were working in Carlisle and decided to go to the Shelbourne game in Tranmere.

So off we went in the works van , problem was , we didn't have tickets. So every car we passed with bears in it we would make the sign of a T ( looking for tickets ) with no success.

We got there a couple of hours before kick off and went about the pubs looking for spare tickets , not wasting time to even buy a drink. Still with no success , we headed to the ground asking aloud but still nothing.

Over an hour later , we'd reached the ground , still ticketless. As a last resort we saw a security guard so thought we've nothing to lose , let's ask him if he can get us in and give him a couple of quid. So we ask him if there's any way he can get us in and he points to a door and says ' yes , there's a pay-in gate there ' .

Turns out the stand down the side of the ground was open to locals. Quite strange listening to The Sash being sung in a scouse accent !

Was in the same boat regarding tickets, I think they opened that extra stand on polis advice due to the amount of ticketless bears, and I remember being squashed up against the exits on the way out with scouse bastard polis hitting every cunt back the way with truncheons as they had forgotten to open any exits. Could have turned nasty.

Was in the same boat regarding tickets, I think they opened that extra stand on polis advice due to the amount of ticketless bears, and I remember being squashed up against the exits on the way out with scouse bastard polis hitting every cunt back the way with truncheons as they had forgotten to open any exits. Could have turned nasty.

Scouse coppers are absolute Scum ... I had a wee specky one at Anfield last season come right into the Chelsea end and threaten me for singing Fathers Advice back at Liverpool fans singing YNWA saying it was "mindless sectarianism" ... had words and a decent more resonable cop nearby calmed things down and said to me just ignore him mate don't give him the satisfaction ... couldn't resist giving the wee 4 eyed wonder the finger on the way out :D

That one's quality. :lol:

Yep, we saw the incident with the Shelbourne team bus while asking for tickets , but other than that I hadn't seen any problems , certainly nothing to what I saw in Dublin in 84.

It was like walking into the time tunnel - walking into the game the polis had the Dixon of Dock Green ' evenin all ' appearance about them. Walking out , we were faced with the black suits , riot gear , hard men look , that would have fitted in with World War Z !

Yep, we saw the incident with the Shelbourne team bus while asking for tickets , but other than that I hadn't seen any problems , certainly nothing to what I saw in Dublin in 84.

It was like walking into the time tunnel - walking into the game the polis had the Dixon of Dock Green ' evenin all ' appearance about them. Walking out , we were faced with the black suits , riot gear , hard men look , that would have fitted in with World War Z !

Was it not the same in Manchester, at one point the friendly local cops were replaced by a more sinister lot?

I don't know if I saw this, or read about it, or just imagined it after spending the day drinking in the sun in Albert Square - but at one point of the walk from the city centre to the stadium I seem to recall seeing dozens of riot police gathered, round about a JJB or a retail park. Can anybody either back this up, or tell me I imagined it?