Brugge away 1993

JSP

Was it not the same in Manchester, at one point the friendly local cops were replaced by a more sinister lot?

I don't know if I saw this, or read about it, or just imagined it after spending the day drinking in the sun in Albert Square - but at one point of the walk from the city centre to the stadium I seem to recall seeing dozens of riot police gathered, round about a JJB or a retail park. Can anybody either back this up, or tell me I imagined it?

I don't really know.

It certainly seemed that way in Tranmere . As soon as we walked out the stadium they were there waiting for us looking mean.

Don't really know about Manchester , cause the closest I got to the game was the Man City Supporters Club which was across the road from the stadium and the buses , so I didn't really come across them . Bus didn't leave till 1 in the morning and it was a lot quiter by then.

Was it not the same in Manchester, at one point the friendly local cops were replaced by a more sinister lot?

I don't know if I saw this, or read about it, or just imagined it after spending the day drinking in the sun in Albert Square - but at one point of the walk from the city centre to the stadium I seem to recall seeing dozens of riot police gathered, round about a JJB or a retail park. Can anybody either back this up, or tell me I imagined it?

As i recall, it was al good up to and including in the stadium. Plod all friendly, we walked side by side with the other mobs fans no bother.Never knew about any of the aggro until had left stadium, back on the bus, and all the delayed text messages fired up on the phone. Had been utterly oblivious until then.