What did they want?

BigDak

I wouldn't say it was teams that have leanings to them that started it. Hearts were one of the worst, while Hibs were almost silent.

Look at Caley Thistle, they have almost no reason to hate us, yet they had the same feelings as the rest of the clubs. What exactly have we done to be hated by every single professional club in Scotland?

Win.

I remember the tims going round threatening all the wee diddy clubs, to either vote Rangers out spl, or they would boycott their ground. Then the few hundred, hard core, supporters that each club has, wanted us dead, because we were an obstacle to their team getting into Europe. So they did their best to make sure that their Directors voted us out the spl. I was surprised at Hearts, cos they hate the tims, as much as we do, but they had a cunt of an owner, & saw the chance to get into Europe.

I also think that the papers had a lot to do with the hate-fest that went on. They had us guilty of all charges, & were wondering, not if, but, how many titles would be stripped from us. So a lot of fans saw us as cheats, which they always thought anyway, but could never prove, because we weren't, & this, I believe, led to the whole hate-fest that went way OTT, but was led by the tims.

The vocal minority of fans wanted us dead. They paid no heed to potential consequences. The rest wanted us badly damaged so that they may beat us occasionally until we were back on our feet. I don't think any of them considered the possibility that their league couldn't even attract a sponsor due to our demise.

(Man, I wish the quote button would work!) Clyde Valley, I think that's a good point you make and one that has just been mentioned as an off the cuff remark by Doncaster and the press. It's like "We don't have a sponsor for the league. But that's fine, don't worry, it's no reflection of what people think of the game here at all. The Bundesliga doesn't have a sponsor".

Aye, but the Bundesliga isn't a horse-shit league and there are more than 3 million* people supporting all the teams and so they'll get more money from supporters.

What a fud. And nobody seems to bat an eyelid!

*That's a rough estimate of how many football supporters there are in Scotland

I think they all got caught up in the lunacy whipped up by cellic support and the media, with the SPL willing participants. A mob mentality ensued, with the chairmen of the clubs backing down to the mob - a shameful episode.

It should be noted that the media are desperately trying to keep this mob mentality against us festering - the questions are...why? who does it help? who gains? who makes the money?

The answer is obvious.