Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

Sky sports saying the board are confident am an agreement can be reached

The players hold all the aces here. They have a contract and the club cannot simply tear it up. Neither can they force other clubs to sign our players. It's doubly concerning because all other clubs now know we need to shift players and I doubt they'll be lining up with their highest bid knowing we have to cut costs and cut them soon.

The next few days/weeks are critical.

Consultant isn't really a full time role though is it? Not top wages anyway

In some instances, these guys can charge 500-1000 an hour, and work full time for a number of months nash (MIGHT NOT) come cheap. Again i dont know specifics about Nash. just stating the going rate for these guys.

The players hold all the aces here. They have a contract and the club cannot simply tear it up. Neither can they force other clubs to sign our players. It's doubly concerning because all other clubs now know we need to shift players and I doubt they'll be lining up with their highest bid knowing we have to cut costs and cut them soon.

The next few days/weeks are critical.

We can break the contracts if we go into admin i think :(

Really no need to get into a panic chaps. This is one avenue being explored. There will be more ways to cut costs and of course we may see people going out the door. It would be good to know by what percentage we need to cut our cloth.

That's what got said last time and looked what happened

Really thought all this pish was behind us

I wonder how this was conducted. A simple majority, a 75% majority or of it had to be unanimous. Could be that all players rejected this or just the one. It is clear the state of our finances is not good and paying near on 100% of income on wages is not a good way to run the club. I thought we were going to spend no more than 30% on player wages.

We are spending 35% of income on playrr wages, it's costs elsewhere that are the problem.