Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

Problem is that PR like this does not do much to encourage potential investors!

If things do take a turn for the worse, at least we have someone like King in the background who may do a deal to take control.

King? You really thing king gives a flying fuck?

There were 2 million shares going yesterday for a song, so if he was that interested why did he not buy them?

King isn't going to ride in and save the day

Crosses my mind because it keeps getting mentioned by anti-board campaigns etc.

It's vastly different to two years ago, even in the simple fact we don't have any debt or HMRC chasing us for millions. Nothing's impossible but i'd be incredibly surprised.

We are running at a loss and have been for the best part of 2 years. We might not have debt, but when we dont have the cash to pay wages and bills, we still go into Admin.

I dont see how the hell we can cut what needs cut in time when our cash projections are so tight.

One bright light is this is not the same as the situation under Whyte. Then our biggest creditors were HMRC and behind them trailed a long queue of businesses and clubs.

This time our biggest creditors would be our own employees and as long as there's been no withholding money from HMRC we shouldn't be at the mercy of those bassas.

The problem is that this move looks desperate.

It looks like its a case of 'take a 15% cut or we are going to admin'!

We should not be asking our players to take a cut, its just not done. We should sell players or release players with a pay off to reduce overall cost, but no financially stable business especially a football club asks their staff to do this unless they are desperate!

Who has said that though? Only folk on forums as far as I can see. By the sounds Wallace mooted the idea to McCulloch and he put it to the squad, it doesn't really sound that desperate.

We have a manager who claims he can't even fill the bench so i'm not too shocked if he's looking at cost cutting measures without needing to get rid of too many bodies, although it'll have to come to that imo.

Now is not the time to picking the faults of previous boards. But can anyone see investors letting the club slip into admin and lose out on there investment, last time at admonition was only one person that was losing money as such, and it wasn't his money to lose. This time is different and if we are heading to admin we will see who the real rangers men are. But this is cost cutting at its easiest it. Would anyone of you lot like to see the general day to day staff sacked, in order to keep people like cribari, smith and other fringe players? All that Wallace is doing is asking the players to defer a percentage of wages to stop ally and fans moaning that players had to go

King? You really thing king gives a flying fuck?

There were 2 million shares going yesterday for a song, so if he was that interested why did he not buy them?

King isn't going to ride in and save the day

Maybe he thought a better opportunity was round the corner. Why would he buy now when he cant go by the 30% mark?

Graham Wallace suggested it to Lee McCulloch (meeting with McCoist and Captain) who proposed the Wage Cut to the rest of the squad...they were asked if they were open to a potential wage cut, 15% is purely speculation.

One of a number of ways to cut costs and this was asked as a suggestion.

From Sky Sports News

(tu)

Not sure why so many are panicking right now. Wallace said there would need to be cost cuts, we all agree that the wage bills are too high, why are so many people surprised, and wanting to see the negatives in Wallace trying to do exatcly what he said he would do.

This ( I would imagine) was only one idea in a line of ideas they have to cut costs.

The players are entitled to refuse the wage cut idea.

This kind of thing was always going to be on the cards. I thought we were going to give Wallace a chance to sort out this mess, rather than panic at the first suggestion at attempts at cost cutting. I'd imagine he's seen some ridiculous wages being paid and decided that's a good place to start. Seems fair enough to me. If what Sandaza said he was on is true, then this is an obvious tactic.

Who has said that though? Only folk on forums as far as I can see. By the sounds Wallace mooted the idea to McCulloch and he put it to the squad, it doesn't really sound that desperate.

We have a manager who claims he can't even fill the bench so i'm not too shocked if he's looking at cost cutting measures without needing to get rid of too many bodies, although it'll have to come to that imo.

Tell me one company that asks their staff to take wage cuts if the company is not in trouble?

(tu)

Not sure why so many are panicking right now. Wallace said there would need to be cost cuts, we all agree that the wage bills are too high, why are so many people surprised, and wanting to see the negatives in Wallace trying to do exatcly what he said he would do.

This ( I would imagine) was only one idea in a line of ideas they have to cut costs.

Well said Gogzy.

(tu)

You SELL players. Not ask them to take a pay cut. And do it so publicly.

I'm not sure of the accuracy of this but it comes from an article in today's Scotsman.

"According to their website, Rangers have 56 full professionals or professional youth players on their books. According to Celtic’s website, they have now got 50, including their newest recruit Stefan Johansen."

If that's the case it's overkill for the third tier in Scotland. We should have a leaner squad of better players rather than spreading the money thinner for more numbers.

Continued shambles from top to bottom, it's an absolute joke. If Wallace was to cut costs then it should have been done quietly in the background to the extent where we tried to move on surplus players and may even have gotten a small fee for some. Now, it seems like we're in the shit again and clubs will know that and either offer hee-haw for them or wait until we release them e.g. £1m for Wallace now???