is it still possible to go onto administration....

Redwhiteandblue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as you run out of money i.e. can't pay the players then its dead simple you asked the players to take a pay cut and they refused so they brought it on themselves. BDO come in and get shot of big lee Cribari Perry etc and then you get the club back -25 points but still able to win the championship and your just in time to ask the mugs for the season ticket money. Sorted!

"You?" "mugs?" Don't think so :redcard:

Admin only happened the first time because Whyte shafted HMRC for PAYE.

The BTC did not help matters right enough!

We have NEITHER of these now.

Absolutely will not happen - who could apply to put us into admin and for what reason, as others have said, we have ZERO bank debt.

Yes we will have creditors, but the total amount versus total assets does not put us anywhere near insolvent.

Everyone needs to calm the feck down.

People saying admin will happen, you don't know that. It reminds you of the situation in 2012, doesn't mean it will have the same outcome. We don't have a Craig Whyte at the club. There are tough times ahead but I have some faith in Wallace, at least him and Ally seem to be looking into every possibility and collaborating

I would have thought Administration was to protect a venture from creditors....to save a business that could be turned around from going out of business by reducing/restructuring the debt and allowing it to continue with a smaller debt burden.

If we have no debt/creditors then it would seem bloody unlikely to me.

Future liabilities, ie utilities, rates, staff wages, player wages are cash flow issues, which I assume is why they are trying to cut costs.

We are running out of cash, Stockbridge confirmed this in his post-Accounts interview.

There are 2 options; reduce costs and/or increase revenue.

He also stated there is a £2 million contingency facility.

We still need to increase revenue, but reducing staff costs seems a good start in the restructuring to me, without any imminent need for Admin.

Admin only happened the first time because Whyte shafted HMRC for PAYE.

The BTC did not help matters right enough!

We have NEITHER of these now.

Absolutely will not happen - who could apply to put us into admin and for what reason, as others have said, we have ZERO bank debt.

Yes we will have creditors, but the total amount versus total assets does not put us anywhere near insolvent.

Everyone needs to calm the feck down.

You seem to be one of the few that actually understood my OP.

What I was getting at is this - am I right in saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that we could go into admin, as we have no debt, which means - no creditors, so therefore, there is no one to put us into administration?

What I was getting at is this - am I right in saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE that we could go into admin, as we have no debt, which means - no creditors, so therefore, there is no one to put us into administration?

Well, the Board could theoretically do so. But only as a last measure to protect the business (perversely).

But as I said, everyone needs to calm down.

Well, the Board could theoretically do so. But only as a last measure to protect the business (perversely).

But as I said, everyone needs to calm down.

If the board put us in administration, how would we ever get out of it as there would be no creditors to agree a CVA with?

U

I would have thought Administration was to protect a venture from creditors....to save a business that could be turned around from going out of business by reducing/restructuring the debt and allowing it to continue with a smaller debt burden.

If we have no debt/creditors then it would seem bloody unlikely to me.

Future liabilities, ie utilities, rates, staff wages, player wages are cash flow issues, which I assume is why they are trying to cut costs.

We are running out of cash, Stockbridge confirmed this in his post-Accounts interview.

There are 2 options; reduce costs and/or increase revenue.

He also stated there is a £2 million contingency facility.

We still need to increase revenue, but reducing staff costs seems a good start in the restructuring to me, without any imminent need for Admin.

This is a good post that understood what I was mraning in the OP.

We may not have any significant creditors just now (although our friend Imran may think differently). However, we have a contractual liability to meet the players' wages. When the money in the bank runs out, we will no longer be able to pay the players, and that's when administration becomes a real possibility. I'd like to think that the Board would approach DK before that happened, but they may come under pressure from some shareholders to sell assets instead.

U

We may not have any significant creditors just now (although our friend Imran may think differently). However, we have a contractual liability to meet the players' wages. When the money in the bank runs out, we will no longer be able to pay the players, and that's when administration becomes a real possibility. I'd like to think that the Board would approach DK before that happened, but they may come under pressure from some shareholders to sell assets instead.

Even if there are no creditors?

I keep hearing that we have no debt, so how could we go into administration?

Yes. It's the lack of cash that kills any business so if our cash flow is 'shot' and we have spent our reserves we are in administration - or worse. What I don't understand is those board members with shares lose their investment. Can' see anyone wanting that which differes from Whyte.

CARSON, my quote is fucked. Let's hope that doesn't happen, I would like a rise in season tickets and the deadwood shipped out before even thinking of that sort of thing.

As good a thing that Craig Mather done in freezing season tickets this year, it was a mistake. They should have been put up, even if it was only 10-15%

I never thought we'd go into Admin again..

Today has changed my mind.

This looks like an act of desperation by the board..

How does it look like an act of desperation? We were told after the AGM costs would have to come down. Why is anyone surprised at this?

Also this wasn't even an official offer if people stopped scaremongering and watched the news they would have seen it was simply a discussion to see how the players would feel. Nothing official was offered.

Even Dave King said us going into Administration again was a possibility.

That in itself you run a shiver down our spines. We are in more trouble than we think.

Ironic that he is the very man that could end that possibility any time he wanted

But as of yet hasn't bothered his are