Wallace is the first person on the board I've fully trusted in a long time

GOAT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of confidence in him but we really do need to make some drastic cuts and not just from the playing staff. The players wages to turnover ratio isn't that high (roughly 30%) so it's the other expenses we are occuring that's the problem.

First thing I'd be doing is getting rid of Brian Stockbridge and Jack Irvine.

I have a lot of confidence in him but we really do need to make some drastic cuts and not just from the playing staff. The players wages to turnover ratio isn't that high (roughly 30%) so it's the other expenses we are occuring that's the problem.

I would have trusted him a lot more if he had actually answered the questions about these other costs and what he planned to do about it.

I think if Wallace finds them surplus to requirements he will offload them in due time rather than the knee jerk way & giving them a huge pay off like the others received.

I would have trusted him a lot more if he had actually answered the questions about these other costs and what he planned to do about it.

I think the problem was he had to react quickly because of the leak to the press about 15% pay cut to players salaries. It wouldn't be right to scaremonger other area within Rangers he is looking to revamp or dismantle or cost cut to cause more wide spread panic as this has caused etc.

Who's going to stop him?

The big investors will be backing him 100% he's stopping us leaking money like a sieve, which will help with future investment as well. I know if I had major money to invest in Rangers I wouldn't touch us until we are a tight ship financially.

There's those who will try to use this as an opportunity to manufacture mayhem. Boycotts, protests, marches to Ibrox, refusing to buy season tickets etc. Investors want to see fiscal prudence. But I would imagine if they saw the

bonkers car crash behaviour attacking the board repeatedly, to the detriment of the club, from the biggest ( potential ) annual investors via season tickets this would be a huge cause for concern

I believe the only thing to stop Wallace being effective is ourselves.

We are obviously still nervous of anyone coming onboard - Look at the number of our "fans" who immediately believed a paper story about the alleged 15%.

You would think we would learn - THE PRESS ARE AGAINST US. WALLACE IS ON OUR SIDE. LETS GIVE THE MAN TIME TO SORT THIS SHIT OUT.

I am confident he knows what he is doing but he will need our help to make the required changes.

Some of them may not be what we want to hear, but the best medicines sometimes taste like shit.

Ally, Lee wallace, player numbers, player wages, directors wages - These all need to be addressed.

Will we support him during these trying times - I sincerely hope so.

I was always edgy about Whyte, the whole mystery Lanarkshire billioniare bullshit story in the paper set the alarm bells ringing.

I never full trusted Green, or any of the previous board.

I do trust Wallace, there is something about him that makes me believe he is here to sort this mess out. His CV says it all, and I don't think he would risk that to con us, or bleed us dry as some seem to claim.

So let the guy get on with his job, stop worrying and lets watch this guy sort us out.

some sense today at last

He's got my support ,he's only doing what he said he would do . We have been leaking cash since green took over ,and previous board members had said it had to be addressed . They knew we had to cut costs and done nothing , at least now its going to happen .

He ain't showed anything to say he ain't to be trusted, came in said cuts needed and he is starting these cuts.

If we as a fan base can't trust one person within the board we may aswell pack up shop , cause otherwise there will be doubts and shit stirring from people that ain't ever happy

Seems to me as though there was important work to be done by our new CEO at the Club since the AGM and even over Xmas, but instead of getting stuck in and starting to sort out the mess he's been left with by Green & co, he buggered off on holiday for 2 weeks.

So, it's now past the midway point in January and here he is just starting to put out feelers to the staff at the club to see who'd be willing to take wage cuts. Doesn't exactly look as if he's in a hurry to sort out the Club's finances given that the AGM was a month ago and he's just now starting to tiptoe around the issue of making the necessary cuts.

At this rate we'll be struggling to pay bills before he's actually done anything, so I'll hold off on the back-slapping for the moment.

Seems to me as though there was important work to be done by our new CEO at the Club since the AGM and even over Xmas, but instead of getting stuck in and starting to sort out the mess he's been left with by Green & co, he buggered off on holiday for 2 weeks.

So, it's now past the midway point in January and here he is just starting to put out feelers to the staff at the club to see who'd be willing to take wage cuts. Doesn't exactly look as if he's in a hurry to sort out the Club's finances given that the AGM was a month ago and he's just now starting to tiptoe around the issue of making the necessary cuts.

At this rate we'll be struggling to pay bills before he's actually done anything, so I'll hold off on the back-slapping for the moment.

Aye coz no cunt is allowed holidays! Fuck off.

It's about time we gave someone support in what is an impossible job at the moment. Talk is cheap (Green) and it will be actions that count and gain favour from the fans. He's got a huge job to sort out the shambles and bring the support together but it's about time we had someone who knew what they were doing!

Aye coz no cunt is allowed holidays! Fuck off.

I didn't say people aren't allowed holidays, but when Rangers hire a new CEO on big money I don't expect one of the first things done by him to be fucking off on holiday for two weeks, especially when there was important work to be done here. I fully understand that his holiday was probably already booked, but I think he should have cancelled it and postponed it till June or July. That would have shown real dedication and commitment to his new job at our Club.

I was always edgy about Whyte, the whole mystery Lanarkshire billioniare bullshit story in the paper set the alarm bells ringing.

I never full trusted Green, or any of the previous board.

I do trust Wallace, there is something about him that makes me believe he is here to sort this mess out. His CV says it all, and I don't think he would risk that to con us, or bleed us dry as some seem to claim.

So let the guy get on with his job, stop worrying and lets watch this guy sort us out.

Why has he not sacked BS yet?