Just to be clear on yesterday for the drama Queens.

bawsburst

I think you should read the post again.

I read your post. My original point was about the level of remuneration not the fact we signed pish players, that was in response to your point about remuneration levels.

Who sanctioned the salaries of those players playing in a pub league?

I don't think these 'proposals' can be taken lightly though, the timing of it isn't lost on me, Rangers have one real valuable asset in the playing squad, proposing a wage cut during a transfer window wasn't a coincidence, now though with the proposal outed it makes Rangers position weaker if clubs indeed come in for Lee Wallace

I read your post. My original point was about the level of remuneration not the fact we signed pish players, that was in response to your point about remuneration levels.

Who sanctioned the salaries of those players playing in a pub league?

McCoist as there are no transfer fees involved has a budget for wages and "extras", if he decides to spend 40% of his budget on one player he must deem it worth it, for it to be suggested that he has no idea of what players earn or take out of his budget a budget he controls is an insult to fan's intelligence.

McCoist as there are no transfer fees involved has a budget for wages and "extras", if he decides to spend 40% of his budget on one player he must deem it worth it, for it to be suggested that he has no idea of what players earn or take out of his budget a budget he controls is an insult to fan's intelligence.

McCoist has no control over any budget and has no part in contract negotiations

Oh goody, back to the fans briefings via forums now ... MediaHouse doing a bang up job (!!)

Ally has the role to identify & discuss with the board, the viability of signing a player, the board have the ultimate responsibilty of agreeing (or not) to signing the actual player as it falls within the clubs budget & constraints.

It's good to see that your role is to besmirch Ally while painting a glossy picture of the boards (previous AND current) in all this !!

Just to be clear on yesterday for the drama Queens, no offer was made to anyone regarding any cuts, simply a CEO carrying out his remit as he stated he would.

So, no proposal, or suggestion was made to any of our players to take a 15% wage cut ?

What remit did our CEO deliver upon as per his stated intention ?

No CEO worth his salt would allow a manager to negotiate player contracts himself.

So, no proposal, or suggestion was made to any of our players to take a 15% wage cut ?

The idea was merely floated at a meeting, perhaps one of many.

It didn't go down well obviously so it'll be plan B for the cuts.

I can't understand why anyone is surprised that this would even be contemplated.

I've been seeing posts for the past 6 months from all sides greeting about the wage bill being too high and the board doing nothing.

As soon as the board starts on it, the snipers (not D'Art) are now jumping on them for the audacity of making cuts.

The laughable part is the number of pro rebel folk who have resurfaced to pan the board for doing something they were greeting at the previous board for not doing.

Board spends = bad thing

Board reigns in spending = bad thing.

Back to the same old agenda driven pish by the looks of it.

As for Keith Jackson today ?

He has crowed smugly about Rangers needing to cut costs and yet today is decrying it.

The board is only doing what is sensible and also what everybody wanted.

I can't understand why anyone is surprised that this would even be contemplated.

I've been seeing posts for the past 6 months from all sides greeting about the wage bill being too high and the board doing nothing.

As soon as the board starts on it, the snipers (not D'Art) are now jumping on them for the audacity of making cuts.

The laughable part is the number of pro rebel folk who have resurfaced to pan the board for doing something they were greeting at the previous board for not doing.

Board spends = bad thing

He has crowed smugly about Rangers needing to cut costs and yet today is decrying it.

I never wanted wage cuts. I wanted wastes of space and wages out the door.

The wage cut was discussed/suggested.

Whether the players were all handed individual illustrations is irrelevant.

The wage reduction was suggested/discussed.

Whether the players were handed an individual illustration is irrelevant. The intention is clear.

Board spends = bad thing

Are you saying bud the idea was discussed at a board meeting but no such proposal was put to the players or

Such a proposal was put to the players by way of being floated at a meeting with them ?

Just to be clear on yesterday for the drama Queens, no offer was made to anyone regarding any cuts, simply a CEO carrying out his remit as he stated he would.

Don't worry be happy, as the song says. (tu)

Thanks for keepin us in the loop wee man and settlin the minds of us poor peasants, you meejahhoose spin doactors are the biz !