Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. "I don't know who is responsible but I do know who is not responsible and that's the players and supporters, who have given us two years of 36,000 season tickets.

2. "I have my own ideas about who is responsible, but I would rather keep them to myself."

well which is it?

He can still not know, but have an opinion at the same time.

1. "I don't know who is responsible but I do know who is not responsible and that's the players and supporters, who have given us two years of 36,000 season tickets.

2. "I have my own ideas about who is responsible, but I would rather keep them to myself."

well which is it?

Having idea's about who is responsible is different from knowing.

Well said Ally. He's the only one I completely trust.

this kind of reminds me of the comments we exchanged yesterday. The 100% backing of the players stance with absolutely no ambiguity, feels to me that he is almost distancing himself from the financial problems of the club. I realise you dont, but I have found his messaging recently extremely strange - and this simply adds to it.

Even you must agree that the last two years have been extraordinary circumstances and I dread to think where we would be without a club legend to try and hold everything together. Therefore, your opnion is very, very simplistic.

It is all too easy to spout off about loyalty and honour from the safety of a crowd (or behind a keyboard) but how many would step up to the plate and put themselves in the firing line like Ally McCoist has?

Remember, even Walter Smith had to admit defeat and walk.

For £875,000 a year i would say every person on this forum.

For half of that per year i would say every person on this forum.

Club legend...yes

Held the club together...yes

Held it back at the same time...i say yes

He is as big a problem as the board in my opinion. No one can honestly say he hasn't contributed massively to our financial problems.

Even you must agree that the last two years have been extraordinary circumstances and I dread to think where we would be without a club legend to try and hold everything together. Therefore, your opnion is very, very simplistic.

It is all too easy to spout off about loyalty and honour from the safety of a crowd (or behind a keyboard) but how many would step up to the plate and put themselves in the firing line like Ally McCoist has?

Remember, even Walter Smith had to admit defeat and walk.

I enjoyed the 'we don't do walking away' stuff as much as anyone and and felt he was an ideal figurehead for those circumstances, but it's a complete myth so many come out with that if he hadn't been with us we wouldn't have survived or been less likely to, it's a load of nonsense. Cold hard cash was needed to rescue the club and that's what did. But we aren't even in administration anymore despite us having people panicking that we're on the brink of it every month or so.

Who knows who would have stepped up, Sandy Jardine did well and he didn't need to be the manager to do it. If you mean the role of manager specifically I think we've paid him enough to assume others would have been interested and still would be.

Walter Smith left a role he never wanted in the first place and was uncomfortable in so I don't really see the comparison. McCoist is in his dream job even if the circumstances haven't always been ideal.

Club legend...yes

He is as big a problem as the board in my opinion. No one can honestly say he hasn't contributed massively to our financial problems.

(tu)

Why? He's more than earned it.

The position of Rangers manager isn't JUST about football these days I'm afraid.

This. (tu)

How many managers would do what Ally did in the past 2 years?

Ally went well beyond the call of duty off the field for our club.

In an ideal world, you'd be right, he would be judged on football performances. But we are far from an ideal world.

And this. (tu)

Thank you for again reiterating the bigger picture gentlemen...

I really despair for the people who cannot see this. It must be either stupidity or some raging vendetta against McCoist.

Club legend...yes

He's the first team manager. How can he be as culpable for the financial situation we find ourselves in than those who are supposed to be in control of the finances?

McCoist gives the board a list of players he wants and their values. He does not write the cheques, nor does he sanction their wages or draw up their contracts, nor does he sanction directors wages or bonuses. He was offered a contract with the wages stated.

He is totally correct. Why should the players suffer while the board continue to mismanage the club?

Is this not a new board? Apart from Stockbridge who does not run the club who on this board mismanaged our club?

I would say Mather was to blame for that one. Agreeing to sign everyone and anyone McCoist wanted.

Club legend...yes

I am afraid that your talk is cheap... and actions speak louder than words.

Some people on here can't even string a sentence together never mind two consecutive days in a job. Others need a bevvy just to sign in.

It is, people just don't let it be because they can't stop thinking admin 2/another Craig Whyte is coming.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The financial situation at the club is clearly a cause for concern and most fans naturally look to a club legend for guidance. I don't know why you have a problem with that.

How many managers would do what Ally did in the past 2 years?

Ally went well beyond the call of duty off the field for our club.

In an ideal world, you'd be right, he would be judged on football performances. But we are far from an ideal world.

For the money probably plenty.

I've never denied that he was an ideal figurehead but contrary to conspiracies we aren't in administration anymore. You can offer people ambassadorial roles if that's the overriding reason for keeping them on.

Few football clubs have an ideal world, there's no reason he can't be judged on football performances.

I enjoyed the 'we don't do walking away' stuff as much as anyone and and felt he was an ideal figurehead for those circumstances, but it's a complete myth so many come out with that if he hadn't been with us we wouldn't have survived or been less likely to, it's a load of nonsense. Cold hard cash was needed to rescue the club and that's what did. But we aren't even in administration anymore despite us having people panicking that we're on the brink of it every month or so.

Who knows who would have stepped up, Sandy Jardine did well and he didn't need to be the manager to do it. If you mean the role of manager specifically I think we've paid him enough to assume others would have been interested and still would be.

Walter Smith left a role he never wanted in the first place and was uncomfortable in so I don't really see the comparison. McCoist is in his dream job even if the circumstances haven't always been ideal.

You make some fair enough points in there... and Sandy Jardine did make a great contribution also. (tu) And I agree that some of the panic-stricken responses are a bit OTT.

The emboldened text, however is the part that would still worry me if McCoist was to call it quits.