Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

He's the first team manager. How can he be as culpable for the financial situation we find ourselves in that those who are supposed to be in control of the finances?

McCoist gives the board a list of players he wants and their values. He does not write the cheques, nor does he sanction their wages or draw up their contracts, nor does he sanction directors wages or bonuses. He was offered a contract with the wages stated.

You need to give it a rest , McCoist can do no wrong in your eyes ever .

The guy is diabolical as a manager and should never have been allowed to waste all that cash on clowns we will now struggle to get rid of.

Anyone with half a brain knows we would have won both these league titles with kids , it may not have been nice to watch but it would have been done.

We had a great chance to start fresh with no debt but we blew it and McCoist has played an equal part in wasting cash just like the board of crooks have done .........

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that your talk is cheap... and actions speak louder than words.

Some people on here can't even string a sentence together never mind two consecutive days in a job. Others need a bevvy just to sign in.

Some people on here know you don't spend more than you take in ..........

The guy is diabolical as a manager and should never have been allowed to waste all that cash on clowns we will now struggle to get rid of.

Anyone with half a brain knows we would have won both these league titles with kids , it may not have been nice to watch but it would have been done.

We had a great chance to start fresh with no debt but we blew it and McCoist has played an equal part in wasting cash just like the board of crooks have done .........

I'll repeat - He does not write the cheques, nor does he sanction their wages or draw up their contracts, nor does he sanction directors wages or bonuses, nor does he set his own budget.

It's not hard.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? The financial situation at the club is clearly a cause for concern and most fans naturally look to a club legend for guidance. I don't know why you have a problem with that.

Why? He's not a businessman and he doesn't have particularly special access or info, he didn't have a clue about Whyte (and that is not me having any sort of go before you say it as very few of us did) and was more than happy to back the likes of Green and Mather until momentum had totally turned against them anyway.

I think people need to think for themselves and we shouldn't keep individuals in jobs as important as first team manager based on him being some sort of comfort blanket.

There's an argument McCoist more than deserves to stay due to the team's form anyway but it's the general principle i'm talking about.

Have I misunderstood? How does judging McCoist as a football manager mean we may not have survived?

I would say you have misunderstood.

You judging mr mcoist as a manager has no bearing on whether we would have survived.

Read your previous posts in this thread and think about "the big picture" ffs

I see what you did there. :thumbup:

Why? He's not a businessmen and he doesn't have particularly special access or info, he didn't have a clue about Whyte (and that is not me having any sort of go before you say it as very few of us did) and was more than happy to back the likes of Green and Mather until momentum had totally turned against them anyway.

I think people need to think for themselves and we shouldn't keep individuals in jobs as important as first team manager based on him being some sort of comfort blanket.

There's an argument McCoist more than deserves to stay due to the team's form anyway but it's the general principle i'm talking about.

Take it up with majority of the support. My guess is because he's universally popular, a Rangers legend and what he did for the club in the last 2 years will be talked about for generations to come.

I'm just guessing, mind.

There will never be a reason to mistrust Ally McCoist(he is,after all,one of us).

He would be a bigger asset in the boardroom, where he would ensure the publication of any mis-management, rather than on the touchline.

He's not a businessman. He's a football man. (tu)

I am afraid that your talk is cheap... and actions speak louder than words.

Some people on here can't even string a sentence together never mind two consecutive days in a job. Others need a bevvy just to sign in.

I dont know who you mean, although i have my own ideas who you are refering too but i will keep them to myself :pipe:

I'll repeat - He does not write the cheques, nor does he sanction their wages or draw up their contracts, nor does he sanction directors wages or bonuses, nor does he set his own budget.

It's not hard.

What would he have done if the board said that he could not sign any players.

Is this not a new board? Apart from Stockbridge who does not run the club who on this board mismanaged our club?

I would say Mather was to blame for that one. Agreeing to sign everyone and anyone McCoist wanted.

Stockbridge is the FD. He's supposed to be the financial gatekeeper, and he's played a part in the club blowing through millions. I'd say he's a huge factor.

This. (tu)

And this. (tu)

Thank you for again reiterating the bigger picture gentlemen...

I really despair for the people who cannot see this. It must be either stupidity or some raging vendetta against McCoist.

I'd argue i'm trying to look at the bigger picture, we are a football club after all not a soap opera (notwithstanding our off the field issues of recent years).

It's no vendetta, I do have probably known views on McCoist the manager but as i've said in this thread there's perfectly valid argument he deserves to stay in the job due to football performance whether I agree with it or not.

The principle that we need him to stay simply because of him being a trustworthy figure and some sort of man on the inside is what I object to.

Take it up with majority of the support. My guess is because he's universally popular, a Rangers legend and what he did for the club in the last 2 years will be talked about for generations to come.

I'm just guessing, mind.

I'm taking it up on a discussion forum of Rangers fans, that ok with you?