Ally: I side with my Players

North Rd

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid that your talk is cheap... and actions speak louder than words.

Some people on here can't even string a sentence together never mind two consecutive days in a job. Others need a bevvy just to sign in.

I believe you wrote this did you not?

It is all too easy to spout off about loyalty and honour from the safety of a crowd (or behind a keyboard) but how many would step up to the plate and put themselves in the firing line like Ally McCoist has?

I believe i answered your question. That you choose to put another slant on it devalues your point.

If you were offered it, if i was offered it and indeed if anoyone was offered £875,000 a year to manage Rangers i would still say every single person on this forum.

If you want to question their ability to do so then please make that point clearer.

You make some fair enough points in there... and Sandy Jardine did make a great contribution also. (tu) And I agree that some of the panic-stricken responses are a bit OTT.

The emboldened text, however is the part that would still worry me if McCoist was to call it quits.

As I said though we aren't in administration anymore and the floor is there for any legend to try and be a figurehead if it's really required.

AMC must shoulder part of the blame.

Was it really necessary to assemble a squad with a combined wage bill of £13-14 million to win the bottom two leagues?.

Once again the quick fix triumphs over a more sensible long term plan.

That would be a convenient distraction from the issue, wouldn't it.

Cant, or should I say won't, fill a bench; not more than a month after stating he needs bodies in.

Sorry, not buying it.

You brought it up. Who are these 56 pros? How ready for first team football are they? Or should we simply stick some kid on the bench to make up the numbers instead if it being earned like it should be? Or is it just another stick to be McCoist with very little foundation...

What would happen if McCoist ended up walking because of cost cutting at Rangers?

Cost cutting is required, but what would the Ally admirers say or do if their hero departed?

..........and lastly is Ally bigger than the Club?

1. Not sure ally will walk

2. I would be a bit pissed off

3. No

After answering your questions I realise how stupid they were.

Bottom line is Ally has been the figurehead of this club for the last 2 years. The only consistency apart from Jig as captain.

Have they been overpaid? Not compared to some of the CEO's and Directors who have come and gone and not withstood the same pressure IMO.

Could we afford those wages? Obviously we couldn't afford those wages the board decided was the going rate at the time.

I'm guessing Ally is having a dig at Green and those that Green brought in with his comments here.

If a new manager had been brought in and struggled we would have gone into a tailspin.

Let McCoist and Wallace get on with it. Wallace has given himself a deadline to bring change. A pretty brave one at that I would say.

Ally is the one who signed these players and half of them are "deadwood"

Tempelton doesn't get a game

Cribiri was a last minute signing but is still over paid.

Steven Smith - backwards signing

Foster same as Steven Smith.

Steve Simonsen - pointless. As Gallacher could have sat on the bench.

Peralta Pish.

Have to agree with this.

The Football Im witnessing is on a par with the JG era. IMO.

Maybe Ally should apply for our next CEO vacancy.

No doubt the fangroups will chase Mr Wallace out the Door too.

Don't give cryptic hints Ally. Say what you mean or STFU.

OK, great, you side with the players. Don't come back greeting when somebody has to be sold instead, or you get asked to bin at least one of your staff.

Why give quotes like that when it just undermines the board as the anti-Rangers will just sieze on that as Ally against the board by filling in the gaps with their own pish.

Ally clearly thinks cuts don't apply to to his department, despite the fact his deadwood is costing millions.

If this comes to a head, which it will, Ally will end up on the side pushing spending.

It'll be interesting to see who backs him. I sense a lot of backflips coming up. :lol:

I'd say it's a good bit worse.

And that's from someone who was at Chesterfield!

Correct.

At least we had Cooper Russell Bett etc back in the day.

To be fair there were a number of performances that made my eyes bleed as well. :unsure:

You brought it up. Who are these 56 pros? How ready for first team football are they? Or should we simply stick some kid on the bench to make up the numbers instead if it being earned like it should be? Or is it just another stick to be McCoist with very little foundation...

1 Cammy Bell

2 Steve Simonsen

3 Scott Gallacher

4 Richard Foster

5 Andrew Mitchell

6 Emilson Cribari

7 Sebastien Faure

8 Ross Perry

9 Chris Hegarty

10 Lee McCulloch

11 Bilel Mohsni

12 Luca Gasparotto

13 Lee Wallace

14 Steven Smith

15 Arnold Peralta

16 Kyle Hutton

17 Nicky Law

18 Ian Black

19 Lewis Macleod

20 Robbie Crawford

21 David Templeton

22 Fraser Aird

23 Dean Shiels

24 Barrie McKay

25 Andy Little

26 Jon Daly

27 Nicky Clark

28 Alan Smith

29 Liam Kelly

30 Jamie Wilson

31 Ryan Sinnamon

32 Kyle McAusland

33 Kristian Gibson

34 Craig Halkett

35 Greg Pascazio

36 Jamie Mills

37 Lewis White

38 Scot Whiteside

39 David Brownlie

40 Andy Murdoch

41 Dylan Dykes

42 Scott Roberts

43 Darren Ramsay

44 Charlie Telfer

45 Tom Walsh

46 Adam Wilson

47 Michael Mossie

48 Jordan Hamill

49 Ben Reilly

50 Jamie Burrows

51 Calum Gallagher

52 Danny Stoney

53 Sam Liddington

54 Junior Ogen

55 Ryan Hardie

56 Josh Jeffries

Ready for first team football? I must be confused, does being on the bench mean you have to be used as sub? When did that rule come into place?

Anyway, like I said: Ally thinks he's cute. Not gonna fly with me. He has enough players to win this division and the next reasonably comfortably.

PS. I named my youngest after my personal hero, Ally McCoist, I have no desire to look for reason to batter the guy over the head with. I wont however be played for a fool. End of discussion mate.

1 Cammy Bell

2 Steve Simonsen

3 Scott Gallacher

4 Richard Foster

5 Andrew Mitchell

6 Emilson Cribari

7 Sebastien Faure

8 Ross Perry

9 Chris Hegarty

10 Lee McCulloch

11 Bilel Mohsni

12 Luca Gasparotto

13 Lee Wallace

14 Steven Smith

15 Arnold Peralta

16 Kyle Hutton

17 Nicky Law

18 Ian Black

19 Lewis Macleod

20 Robbie Crawford

21 David Templeton

22 Fraser Aird

23 Dean Shiels

24 Barrie McKay

25 Andy Little

26 Jon Daly

27 Nicky Clark

28 Alan Smith

29 Liam Kelly

30 Jamie Wilson

31 Ryan Sinnamon

32 Kyle McAusland

33 Kristian Gibson

34 Craig Halkett

35 Greg Pascazio

36 Jamie Mills

37 Lewis White

38 Scot Whiteside

39 David Brownlie

40 Andy Murdoch

41 Dylan Dykes

42 Scott Roberts

43 Darren Ramsay

44 Charlie Telfer

45 Tom Walsh

46 Adam Wilson

47 Michael Mossie

48 Jordan Hamill

49 Ben Reilly

50 Jamie Burrows

51 Calum Gallagher

52 Danny Stoney

53 Sam Liddington

54 Junior Ogen

55 Ryan Hardie

56 Josh Jeffries

Ready for first team football? I must be confused, does being on the bench mean you have to be used as sub? When did that rule come into place?

Anyway, like I said: Ally thinks he's cute. Not gonna fly with me. He has enough players to win this division and the next reasonable comfortably.

PS. I named my youngest after my personal hero, Ally McCoist, I have no desire to look for reason to batter the guy over the head with. I wont however be played for a fool. End of discussion mate.

I would say that's the biggest put down i have ever seen on here. Hat's off to you for a simply brilliant retort.

Correct.

At least we had Cooper Russell Bett etc back in the day.

To be fair there were a number of performances that made my eyes bleed as well. :unsure:

We had a far higher standard of player then and our Euro performances under JG were at a level we can only dream of at the mo.

But Chesterfield.............I still wake up thru the night with the sweats recalling that nightmare!

I bet this thread will go well ;)

Good comments, neither the players nor the fans are to blame.

However I also completely agree that if the players refuse to accept a cut across the board we will have to offload 2 or 3 or the top earners, at least the ones we can offload.

I'm sure Ally also fully appreciates that.

Nicky Law

Bilel Mohsni

Lewis McLeod

Lee Wallace

Jon Daly

Cammy Bell

Fraser Aird

You'd think Ally was just signing and bringing on duffers by the way some moaning minnies go on.

Look at the dross some of the other Scottish clubs have brought in over the past 2 seasons. Paying millions in some cases.

Also look at the points and goal difference advantage we have right now when we still have a team who were forced to be thrown together last minute along with whatever free transfers were available.

Get real for fucks sakes !

So you think the likes of Advocaat and Le Guen would do what Ally did? Have a word with yourself, mate.

Ally is still, by far, the only one in the corridors of power at Ibrox Stadium that has earned trust... he did that long ago. And his actions over the past 24 months have only re-affirmed the trust. For me anyway.

So you think we should ditch McCoist and bring in, say Neil Warnock?

You're turning it into a should he stay or go debate with the last remark there mate, said a few times on this thread there's perfectly valid football reasons for him to stay as manager right now, even if I don't agree.

It all depends on how relevant that trust is to the situation, all evidence suggests he's not had special access to information as he's tended to back the people in charge until their position has become untenable anyway. And i'm not blaming McCoist for that at all because as i'm at pains to point out he's a football manager, he's not some sort of watchman or double agent.

No idea what Advocaat and Le Guen would have done, in that situation they'd likely have been poached like the traitors were. But the point is Ally didn't need to be the manager to be a figurehead (although I was happy he was at the time) and he's not the only person in the world who would want to manage Rangers Football Club.

For all anyone knows we could have boardroom political issues and finances needing worked on for a number of years yet, are we just meant to carry on with McCoist as manager regardless of how we're doing competing against Celtic because he's the 'only man we can trust'?

We had a far higher standard of player then and our Euro performances under JG were at a level we can only dream of at the mo.

But Chesterfield.............I still wake up thru the night with the sweats recalling that nightmare!

Was at the home game and we drew 1-1 (Dalziel) and decided to avoid the away game.

At least when Cologne battered us 5-0 we knew they were decent but Chesterfield :power_of_anguish:

I would say that's the biggest put down i have ever seen on here. Hat's off to you for a simply brilliant retort.

Wasn't attempt at putting the guy down at all mate. All I'm trying to get across is I feel like Im being played and to make matters worse its not coming from a corporate suit, its coming from a man who I've idolized since I was 6 years old.

Nicky Law

Bilel Mohsni

Lewis McLeod

Lee Wallace

Jon Daly

Cammy Bell

Fraser Aird

You'd think Ally was just signing and bringing on duffers by the way some moaning minnies go on.

Look at the dross some of the other Scottish clubs have brought in over the past 2 seasons. Paying millions in some cases.

Also look at the points and goal difference advantage we have right now when we still have a team who were forced to be thrown together last minute along with whatever free transfers were available.

Get real for fucks sakes !

At this level would you not expect these players to look good/decent when up against mainly part-timers earning a fraction of what we're shelling out.?