Ally McCoist insists he wants to play no part in potential fire sale of his play

Bothwellbear

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally may not be the answer in the long run as a manager and I really don't mind criticism of team selections and tactics employed as, hey, that's football and that's the nature of a discussion board.

What I absolutely cannot reconcile myself with is the vitriol, inane and imbalanced personal criticisms of our Manager, especially in these uncertain times when having a universally trusted club legend at the club should be a comfort to all fans.

I can't get my head around some of the disgraceful personal barbs aimed at McCoist, some of which would look more at home on a Celtic forum.

Ally may not be the answer in the long run as a manager and I really don't mind criticism of team selections and tactics employed as, hey, that's football and that's the nature of a discussion board.

What I absolutely cannot reconcile myself with is the vitriol, inane and imbalanced personal criticisms of our Manager, especially in these uncertain times when having a universally trusted club legend at the club should be a comfort to all fans.

I can't get my head around some of the disgraceful personal barbs aimed at McCoist, some of which would look more at home on a Celtic forum.

what in particular are you referring to?

Do you think it would he right if the board sell Wallace or law, and keep cribari,smith or say simmosen, all cause ally didn't have the testicular fortitude to say who he could do without. Ally is doing what green was guilty of and playing to the crowd. Refuse to do his job and select who can go, to make it all the hoards fault if he is sacked or walks, cause the board couldn't back him

Head in the sand approach to management. Hundreds of grand a year to pick a starting 11 and that's it.

Enough is enough. He harms us and still some refuse to see it.

Please do walking away Alistair whilst your status as a legend ( playing ) is intact.

Listen to The 'special one' (can't spell Mourhinio) interview on football focus. His priority is the club, the team and then the individuals.

He is clear and that is why the players respect him but know what his priorities are, they are under no illusions. I think Ally should consider what he says before he makes comments that put him at odds with his role at the club.

Sorry, Ally. I've backed you on here for months, but this is cowardly. You're the one that watches the players every day and it is your call on who you can lose.

Man up.

Welcome to management.

Thats spot on (tu) Ally is now firmly pitting himself and the players against the Club by saying this and hes trying to elicit sympathy from the fans who are to a man (almost) now sick to death of Allys seeming inability to grasp that hard choices are needed and he has a responsibility and a duty to us to help make them. Sorry Ally but it truly is time to decide whether to back the board and play your part or resign and be a cheeky chappy for the fans again.

Is this Ally playing the long game again? He doesn't want to be part of anything that he thinks will be unpopular with the support. However,as the manager it is his responsibility to manage the team. It's ridiculous for him to play the part of Pontious Pilate by passing any decisions about the squad to a non football person.

Manager backs players. Nothing to criticise, although I say that in full knowledge that people will criticise regardless.

I know some people criticise him for anything but criticism is valid here. He has to accept that cutting players can be part of any managers job. To put his fingers in his ears and not make decisions on the issue is childish

The Rangers players are holding firm for now, in part because highly paid executives at the club have yet to be approached about wage reductions.

So many seem to be missing this point.

This is where the cuts should begin. There was a time being a Rangers executive was a labour of love and not about financial gain. These guys are businessmen and its assumed they have made their money . If any are real Rangers men its time to show your worth.

I agree to an extent but look at what McCoist is saying here. You tend to support McCoist a lot and I like that because the numbers of folk doing that are dwindling.

But come on. Look at this. He's the manager of our club and he 'refuses to be involved' with what players are sold? That's utterly counter productive. I usually back the man but find it impossible to do here

Whats the story here ? All our players are available but nobody wants them.We can't afford to pay off the deadwood (eg cribari who'd rather pick up good wages than play elsewhere) so unless the proposed wage cut comes with an ultimatum we carry on as normal.Unfortunately it's not ally who who will trim the squad , it's only going to happen if other managers want our players and there not exactly queing up.

The Rangers players are holding firm for now, in part because highly paid executives at the club have yet to be approached about wage reductions.

So many seem to be missing this point.

This is where the cuts should begin. There was a time being a Rangers executive was a labour of love and not about financial gain. These guys are businessmen and its assumed they have made their money . If any are real Rangers men its time to show your worth.

It is something that will or has been discussed, but the director costs is something like 10% of the first team budget so how can you cut it more, then only way to get through this now is to get rid of players

Ally is simply abdicating his responsibilities here,he must know who's not worth keeping and who is.It looks like he's not the bottle for the job in hand a case ally's your pal maybe.

Ally tells board to get rid of for eg shields cribari and templeton to show the bottle you require, whats the next move mate ?

We are stuck with the deadwood McCoist signed, the youth players we have could have done the job and we wouldn't be discussing pay cuts.

Debatable - and they certainly couldn't have done the job with the record the current team has victories in all bar one game.

Having said that McCoist needs to take ownership of the issue, he's the manager it's his job. If he doesn't fancy it then he should be moved on. The comments from him here are a bit embarrassing and I say that as someone that backs him as manager (tu)

Debatable - and they certainly couldn't have done the job with the record the current team has victories in all bar one game.

Having said that McCoist needs to take ownership of the issue, he's the manager it's his job. If he doesn't fancy it then he should be moved on. The comments from him here are a bit embarrassing and I say that as someone that backs him as manager (tu)

(tu)

When it comes to McCoist people have lost the ability, or obstinately refuse to, read between the lines and understand what he's really saying. All he's really saying is he doesn't want to lose anybody but might be forced to. Quelle suprise. People are so literal reading McCoist's interviews it's painful. Of course he'll be involved in cutting his squad if it comes to that, unless he's told Wallace has to go to raise cash.