Should The Board Just Keep Spending ?

Guardian

Personally i'm amazed that Ally doesn't offer to personally pay off all the players out of his own cash, pull on a number 9 jersey and play for the club for free.

Why the hell shouldn't he fight for his staff and his budget? Have any of you moaners had to deal with staff in a time of company cost cutting? You do your best for them, and you fight for your team.

Fair enough but would you support one group of employees even though it would be detrimental to the survival of said company and will definitely cost some folk their jobs.

Fair enough but would you support one group of employees even though it would be detrimental to the survival of said company and will definitely cost some folk their jobs.

I would continue to make the case, and if those above me forced cuts, then of course I would have to implement them, I wouldn't be first in the queue to volunteer cuts.

If we do push these things through, it will be vital that the remaining players are loyal to McCoist and have faith that he fought for them.

While the club has to work within its means - the manager should ALWAYS be trying to get the best squad he can and in the modern world that is finance - that is not a failure of McCoist - it's a strength - and it's his job to fight the footballing corner, why you want to see this as a negative trait in Aly I don't understand that!

Ally is Also on record that he will get on with the Job no master he cuts or budgets or do you conveniently forget that in your list of what he says?

What Ally needs to realise is that he's being shown a courtesy if he's asked to decide where the cuts to the squad come from because if he puts his hands over his eyes and ignores it it becomes a purely financial decision and he'll lose Wallace or Macleod. If I was in his position I'd rather be telling the board who I can afford to lose than letting them tell me who they are selling.

I thought that we played better at the start of the season, when we only had 2 of the new signings playing for us as trialists. Maybe that was all we needed? We signed too many players in one go, we should've spread out bringing new players in, that would've spread the costs too.

Does anybody think that Ally would get a job managing anywhere else, if he was "let go"?

What Ally needs to realise is that he's being shown a courtesy if he's asked to decide where the cuts to the squad come from because if he puts his hands over his eyes and ignores it it becomes a purely financial decision and he'll lose Wallace or Macleod. If I was in his position I'd rather be telling the board who I can afford to lose than letting them tell me who they are selling.

I agree with that but his job is to work with the chief exec ( and vice versa) while getting the best he can for his 'side' of the business - and part of that IMHO is asking what other cuts are being made ( like exec pay). He does not need to role over and have his tummy tickled in these ongoing discussions