Should Ally/playing staff/directors distance himself from the media

j1mgg

There seems to be a story nearly everyday in the paper from Ally with actual quotes in it, put that together with other stories with quotes that appear from other players as well.

This seems to be what stirs up the frenzy, and directors aren't any better aswell.

We should be releasing only need to know basis and nothing more, I would also have this including staff that get paid for weekly articles.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

There has been much screaming for more transparency from all sections of Rangers; board, management etc. If the board/manager just said nothing to anyone, there would be cries from this forum as well as elsewhere that they were not keeping the fans up to date. When they do make any kind of statement (regardless of content) they are slated for talking to the media/accused of having an agenda/not in touch with fans feelings.

Whilst I agree that a media company that is banned from Ibrox should not get a single sentence from any of our people on an individual basis, they have to speak to someone. If the media statement is made in front of a load of different companies, expect a load of different (agenda driven) articles.

The gut feeling is to steer well clear of them, but that doesn't guarantee that they will steer clear of us. It's probably best to use the media than ignore it. I just wish we would say something a wee bit more controversial. Although they attempted to sully us with persecution complexes when we did complain, they did cut down their jibes, so get intae them says I, through the media.

Unfortunately we need to use them to stand up and defend ourselves. Purely using the official Rangers media outlets will give a small audience who are already behind the club. Others well then use it and twist it to sensationalise. Our club needs to talk to hs masses and answer all the daft spiteful questions.

We on the other hand don't need to buy/give hits/airtime to these other organisations.

There seems to be a story nearly everyday in the paper from Ally with actual quotes in it, put that together with other stories with quotes that appear from other players as well.

This seems to be what stirs up the frenzy, and directors aren't any better aswell.

We should be releasing only need to know basis and nothing more, I would also have this including staff that get paid for weekly articles.

:lol: yep that will help with transparency - we demand to know what's going on - folk give honest answers and now we want them to shut up. :lol:

Yes no more Financial chit chat from our Manager/Players .

Unless there is official news then gagging is the only solution now .

Sick to the Teeth of it .

On this Topic I am getting a Bit concerned about Ally the Man now as it could be taking its Toll Psychologically and it cant be good for him all of this to deal with .

Its to much a Burden on the Man and he looks as though he could be doing with a Rest soon.

Needs to stick to Football matters now and Draw back a bit , I know he Loves the Club and all that but if he could focus on the Pitch and leave all of this Interviewing about Finance and Running the Structure to the CEO and Directors then I think we and him would see the Benefits.

He needs to Draw back form the Mhedia now.

:lol: yep that will help with transparency - we demand to know what's going on - folk give honest answers and now we want them to shut up. :lol:

I'm sorry but whether you give Honest Answers or not ,the Mhedia in this Small wee Minded Country Twist it to suit their own stinking rotten Agenda now .

As long as its a negative story about Rangers they will just Twist and Twist and Twist it.

The fans deserve to know what is going on. I would rather hear what our manager and Graham Wallace have to say. Those with any intelligence should be able to see past the spin.

Yep - shame it's only those with intelligence that will see past the spin :pipe: if I could also add one has to want to see past the spin and not use that spin to beat the manager/ club over the head with

I'm sorry but whether you give Honest Answers or not ,the Mhedia in this Small wee Minded Country Twist it to suit their own stinking rotten Agenda now .

As long as its a negative story about Rangers they will just Twist and Twist and Twist it.

I can see past the spin and I want to hear what the manager / directors have to say

McCoist should only talk about on the park issues, at least for a while until this mess blows over.

By his own admission he isn't a businessman or an accountant, and in his position his words are always taken as having substance. If he doesn't know what he is talking about, he shouldn't be saying it.

Oh ally knows what he is talking about all right , plYs the game to his advantage rather well

As has been posted on other threads, times have changed. When I was young, we had the Bulletin delivered every morning and the Evening Times was brought in by my father in the evening. That's how people got their news. Also, you found out what meetings were on the following week by getting Saturday's Times - a whole page of informatiion just before the sports pages. Now you get up to date news from a variety of perspectives and find out what meetings are on via the internet.

Because of this, we do not need the mhedia; they need us. Restrict information to the official Rangers website unless we get an assurance that information published will be accurate. Also take legal action against any misinformation. I would rather money be spent in this way than wasted on unnecessary inquiries into our corporate investors.

I can see past the spin and I want to hear what the manager / directors have to say

Good Glad we agree that Ally should stick to Football Matters only, and leave the Financial shit to the Board.

BTW I too can see through the Spin but a Lot of our Fans cant and just go into Panic Mode .

I can see past much of the spin as well, but Ally should only talk about football matters that's what he is paid for, all other club discussions should be done by the directors

Good Glad we agree that Ally should stick to Football Matters only, and leave the Financial shit to the Board.

BTW I too can see through the Spin but a Lot of our Fans cant and just go into Panic Mode .

Where the fk did I say he should only talk about football matters?

Why should he only talk about football matters? He is an insider - I want to hear what he has to say about budgets, finance controls on him( or lack off), pressure to sell players/ reduce wages ( or not), how Achenhowie is run ( or not) etc etc

We are (still) in difficult times - and Ally is a person I want to hear from

Ally and the players should stick to playing matters instead of feeding the media parasites who we know hate us. I also think Ally's comments are often a double edged sword which could come back and bite him.

Only the board should be making factual statements about our clubs off the park business. I get the impression the board often dont have have the backbone to do this, and hide behind Ally.

It would be easy to say yes, however then there would be fans complaining that the club must be doing nothing because we are not being told anything.

I would be happier if Ally simply stuck to discussing football questions only and the club picked out one or two proper journalists with no pro/anti Rangers agenda for interviews and exclusives.