Lee Wallace

Bothwellbear

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a better option here. Which some people will not like but, we could get rid of McCoist and his management team and start a fresh with a proper manager and coaches who can plan long term?

But i understand why the board are not looking at this ie because of the fans.

There blind faith to McCoist is holding us back. Yes he is a legend and i don't know how many times people can say this but he isn't cutting it as as a football manager he has to leave Rangers or we will be held back for years.

ditch the duds ffs.

As has been asked 1000 times, who is going to buy them? To say selling Wallace is absolutely the only option is wrong, but there aren't many others if money has to be saved in the playing squad. Many of our so called duds have contracts they cannot get near anywhere else so getting rid of them involves them either suddenly not caring about money and agreeing to terminate their contract or us paying them off which doesn't save money. It is pretty obvious there are a limited number of players in our team that could both save money and raise money by getting rid of them.

The obvious duds are guys like Cribari (didn't impress but a better centre back than McCulloch any day of the week) but I can't imagine there will be teams lining up to sign him nor, at his age would i expect him to be very interested in leaving for any less money than he is receiving here.

As much as I don't like it, I fully expect Jim white to be announcing Lee Wallace's move on Jan 31st.

Unless we can sort out the cash problems between now and end of month, Wallace is the only real option in terms of reasonable amount of quick cash.

Let's hope Graham Wallace gets busy over the next week or so and cut some of the deadwood away

I think it would be a tragedy if Lee was sold in this window. Out of everyone who stayed I hold Wallace up there with the best of them ( I know it's not exactly a big list) Our greatest ever Rangers player John Greig was a Jambo growing up in Edinburgh - just like Lee. He is our next captain and if he was here to hold up that SPL trophy again it would truly be an iconic moment.

I know revenue is vital right now so if any of the present board/investors really cared about our club they should put some capital in and prevent big Lee from leaving.

As much as I don't like it, I fully expect Jim white to be announcing Lee Wallace's move on Jan 31st.

Unless we can sort out the cash problems between now and end of month, Wallace is the only real option in terms of reasonable amount of quick cash.

Let's hope Graham Wallace gets busy over the next week or so and cut some of the deadwood away

Ok, what might we get for this quality player in a market where the buyer knows we are desperate? If we get half of what he is worth we could never replace him for twice as much. False economy.

it's a case of burying your head in the sand mentality rangers fans seem to have when situations like this occur, we have no money "its the taig media scare tactics" we might face admin 2 "what a load of shite from the taigs" "nothing to see here". what happened the last time something like that happened? oh yead we went into administration.

No the last time something like this happened Dave King said we'd be in admin by xmas.

What a load of shite that was.

But you carry on being negative.

Nobody is burying their head in the sand, but folk like you are just what these journos love. Simple folk who can be stampeded with a few scaremongering articles with not one shred of evidence to back any of it up.

A story or two in the mhedia and yeez run about like yer hair was on fire. :lol:

There is a better option here. Which some people will not like but, we could get rid of McCoist and his management team and start a fresh with a proper manager and coaches who can plan long term?

But i understand why the board are not looking at this ie because of the fans.

There blind faith to McCoist is holding us back. Yes he is a legend and i don't know how many times people can say this but he isn't cutting it as as a football manager he has to leave Rangers or we will be held back for years.

(tu) Sadly, that's all true.

I'd hate to see Ally ruin his Legacy as one of the biggest legends in the history of the club. But facts are facts, he is no manager.

We should be bringing in big Eck McLeish who is currently doing nothing.

The fans aren’t prepared to give their season ticket dough to a regime they don’t trust.

that's a lie, cos quite a few ST's were sold again this season as with the previous season.

The loyalty of the fans has been truly outstanding