David templeton

stewaj3

Thought he was great when he came on. Drew a few fouls and a great goal. He has been off form and some have said they would consider selling him, for me though he is one of maybe only 2 or 3 that can win a game on their own for us and that is why for me we need him.

He doesn't show it as often as he should and he is inconsistent, but a run of games and I've no doubt he'd score and set up a lot of important goals for us.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An impact player. Almost always plays better as a sub IMO.

I agree with the impact bit, but I think on his day we have no better attacking players. Unless you count our left back mate!

I don't think we've got the best out of him so far...I think he is a confidence player and if he had a run of good games he'd be more influential. Whether we can get that out of him... I don't know.

One hint that pees me off with the way we play is a player like him has so much pace, yet we never try through balls for him to run on to. Other than lee Wallace there's not many folk that we actually play through balls to. Fraser aird now and again but mostly it's just ball to feet or hoofball. Players like these and nicky law should be bursting a gut to get forward. Our play is so predictable.

This is the guy that terrorised Liverpool defenders at Anfield two/three years ago.

There's a player - no doubt about it. Like Ally said, he needs a run of games injury free.

That was last season before he joined us later in the window... He ran English premier league defenders ragged. Wish we could see him do that week in week out

I was really excited when we signed him and was at his debut where if scored to cracking goals he I remember right. Unfortunately he has done next to fuck all since then. The line of player who pops up now and again with a great goal but disappears when it's not going well. With any luck he'll be gone at the end of the season with Shiels.

Templeton is IMO a wasted talent! He has bags of ability but doesn't seem to have the drive and desire to get the most out the game! Most wingers are plagued by inconsistency but he is in his mid 20's now and has arguably went backwards.....he is almost ideal as an impact sub but for where we are and the money he is on he has to do more! I personally would try and move him on and give McKay a run and try to develop his consistency!