The English Irishman interviews Wallace.

bawsburst

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked reading that.

I also believe him when he says we wont be going into administration. So can we please stop worrying about that.

I like what he has to say on scouting, in fact I can't really pick fault with anything in there.

I hope after reading this, everyone can start to get on board and back him, and the board. Lets stop all the bullshit squabbling and in-fighting, and at least try and trust him to do what he says he will do.

Nothing he has said seems unrealistic, or not achieve-able.

It's funny how dme won't even wait the 120 days to see what the plan is !!

It was a good interview - decent tough questions are reasonable answers - I awAit day 120 :pipe:

The only slight sticking point i have is that,he was asked if ally gets it(financial situation)and he said he believes he does.

Then the squad book into a plush hotel instead of driving a hour and a half up the road in a luxury coach.

Pissing our money down a stank imo.

Enjoyed reading that. Some good questions asked by English even if he is a poisonous little toad of a man.

Some very bad questions like "Are you up to date with tax payments?" , the questioning about Lee Wallace and are you going bust, basically.

There were mainly good questions, but there were those which displayed his agenda for scaremongering about our Club. He wouldn't ask other clubs such questions. He wouldn't even consider asking them of another certain CEO.

Some very bad questions like "Are you up to date with tax payments?" , the questioning about Lee Wallace and are you going bust, basically.

There were mainly good questions, but there were those which displayed his agenda for scaremongering about our Club. He wouldn't ask other clubs such questions. He wouldn't even consider asking them of another certain CEO.

I agree but I'm in a way glad he is asking them. I think we need to ask the more difficult questions to test the reaction and answers. (tu)

Usually agree with you Oleg but not this time.

Understandable nowadays how we are all suspicious of the way the press treat us , and yes , I'm sure english likes his wee digs , but on this occasion it's a chance to kill some of this scaremongering once and for all - and I felt Wallace did just that.

Usually agree with you Oleg but not this time.

Understandable nowadays how we are all suspicious of the way the press treat us , and yes , I'm sure english likes his wee digs , but on this occasion it's a chance to kill some of this scaremongering once and for all - and I felt Wallace did just that.

Yeps, total agree, as they have been scaremongering about not paying bills again, so I also was glad these questions are raised.

And ?

Well, given that Ally confirmed it had been agreed and that he was just waiting to sign a bit of paper, perhaps in those 3.5 days, he signed it. (tu)

Or perhaps having agreed it, the club have processed it with effect from end of month pay pending a signature. (tu)

GW: Panic? I’m not sure I would call it panic. If you look at a football club you have to have a sense of what the next five years look like and then you plan accordingly. You don’t plan for 12 months in isolation. One of the things I have found is that the focus has (previously) been in the near-term. There’s been areas of expenditure where money has been spent and shouldn’t have been and other areas where we should have been spending and didn’t.

The classic one was scouting and recruitment. At a time when this club needs to be identifying and scouting talent and acquiring talent at attractive levels our scouting and recruitment was largely dismantled. A small example of short-termism.

does this mean the "everything's all right brigade" on here were wrong ?...surely not !

I will wait for the accounts to be published, the sponsorship deals to kick in........well we can always sell Wallace if we have to....or Auchenhowie

GW: Panic? I’m not sure I would call it panic. If you look at a football club you have to have a sense of what the next five years look like and then you plan accordingly. You don’t plan for 12 months in isolation. One of the things I have found is that the focus has (previously) been in the near-term. There’s been areas of expenditure where money has been spent and shouldn’t have been and other areas where we should have been spending and didn’t.

The classic one was scouting and recruitment. At a time when this club needs to be identifying and scouting talent and acquiring talent at attractive levels our scouting and recruitment was largely dismantled. A small example of short-termism.

does this mean the "everything's all right brigade" on here were wrong ?...surely not !

I will wait for the accounts to be published, the sponsorship deals to kick in........well we can always sell Wallace if we have to....or Auchenhowie

Who is in the "everything's all right brigade". Your just making shit up now. (tu)

Well, given that Ally confirmed it had been agreed and that he was just waiting to sign a bit of paper, perhaps in those 3.5 days, he signed it. (tu)

Or perhaps having agreed it, the club have processed it with effect from end of month pay pending a signature. (tu)

"Perhaps" the two opposing versions will eventually metamorphose into one.

"Perhaps" the two opposing versions will eventually metamorphose into one.

Look, I'm bored now. People get things wrong. Why don't you just accept that all evidence says he got it and admit you were wrong.

It's a whole lot easier than asking us to believe an unknown on the internet over our CEO and a duty bound FD at an AGM. (tu)

Look, I'm bored now. People get things wrong. Why don't you just accept that all evidence says he got it and admit you were wrong.

It's a whole lot easier than asking us to believe an unknown on the internet over our CEO and a duty bound FD at an AGM. (tu)

Apparently you misunderstand, Alistair is and was the one contradicting as is jackal, maybe it was something you know he Alistair never looked at and just signed, he has previous...allegedly.. (tu)

Good interview from Wallace.....the bit that sticks out for me is the short term planning we have operated on in the football side. The usual suspects on here defend the manager to the hilt and he is certainly not solely to blame but he did say he can't plan long term because he'd lose his job.....that philosophy has held us back.....a blind man could see the way forward for us upon starting in the bottom tier and many posters commented on how much they were looking forward to the opportunity to rebuild long term for once.....that hasn't happened and mccoist has to take some responsibility for that!

Apparently you misunderstand, Alistair is and was the one contradicting as is jackal, maybe it was something you know he Alistair never looked at and just signed, he has previous...allegedly.. (tu)

Sorry....I was referring to the BS bonus. (tu)

I don't trust Ally anymore. I'm fed up with his games as well as his management(or lack of)

we know that English is not one of our favourite journalists but it needed a hater like him to ask these type of questions which Wallace has answered and has alleaviated the majority of our fears. What I take from this is we have the right person to carryout these difficult decisions, which in turn will make us a better prospect for more investment on our journey back to the top where we rightfully belong. The other good thing is the involvement of the wider fan base and not just what is in place at present which certainly doesn,t reflect the majority of our fans.