The English Irishman interviews Wallace.

bawsburst

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but our finances are being scrutinised by everyone from supporters to journalists. Wallace responded to it well. I don't see what the problem is.

Its the fact that English thinks its a pertinent question.

It wasn't Rangers who diddled the tax man, it was Whyte.

Even HMRC have conceded this point.

Its the fact that English thinks its a pertinent question.

It wasn't Rangers who diddled the tax man, it was Whyte.

Even HMRC have conceded this point.

Yeah, that's fair enough I suppose. But after what happened the last time, any confirmation the club is paying bills on time is fine by me.

I thought Wallace handled that interview very well indeed. Direct when he needed to be and assertive when he needed to be and didn't dodge anything (acknowledging he is bound by stock exchange rules and journalists know that full well). It feels like the review will produce some tough messages. Quite possibly job losses which, if that happens, is bound to be controversial and bound to lead to more finger pointing at historical decisions. The other emphasis I think is there in Wallace's statements is the emphasis on building a sustainable financial future 'standing on own feet' as a business before looking for wider investment. That priority might produce very real tensions on the football ambitions as a squad is shrunk, and may be that top players move on now or in summer and maybe not replaced at that same quality which could produce a much bigger challenge for Ally to deliver successive promotions. The balance between implementing cuts and cutting the financial cloth to fit the income contrasted with on-field ambitions for promotion could make for a difficult few seasons ahead.

Yeah, that's fair enough I suppose. But after what happened the last time, any confirmation the club is paying bills on time is fine by me.

Bills as in operating costs and the like, Agreed mate. The whole tax thing has a connotation around it and that prick knows it.

And just so you're aware, child abuse is not something I like to be flippant about.

Wallace seems genuine, knows what he is doing and comes across well, but why is he talking to that bhigot !!

For me GW made that scumbags questions look paltry.........now will TE take a look into the dealings in the Eastend?NO?,thought not.

I agree with Blumhoilan in that Wallace made any attempt by English to be aggressive or dominant look small with his unequivocal and unambiguous answers. In agreeing to be interviewed by English and dealing with him in the manner he did, he has taken away any attempt English may make to continue to write his snide and faux-offended articles and be taken seriously by our support.

I would love to see Britney try to interview Wallace next.

Wallace has laid down his marker that he requires respect and that Rangers will now be taken seriously. He may even have put the brakes on the mhedias' attacks on Rangers.

If Wallace can sort all our off-field problems and hopefully he does not impact too much on the playing side.

He will no doubt go down as a Legend in the eye's of Rangers Fans. (in my view)

Still not sure why he went to the Scotsman & the Daily Record a week or two ago.

These are the kind of things our own club channels should be doing...

(But saying that Rangers.TV could be doing a lot more to try and attract more subs to the channel. - (But we currently do not have a Head of Communications/Media which could be a reason!)

But i guess he was trying to get to these people before they wrote their own opinions on things..

We finally know why Nash was brought into the Club for the short-term... (Makes sense having an outsider look at things, who has a full understanding how a football structure works.)

If Wallace can sort all our off-field problems and hopefully he does not impact too much on the playing side.

He will no doubt go down as a Legend in the eye's of Rangers Fans. (in my view)

Still not sure why he went to the Scotsman & the Daily Record a week or two ago.

These are the kind of things our own club channels should be doing...

(But saying that Rangers.TV could be doing a lot more to try and attract more subs to the channel. - (But we currently do not have a Head of Communications/Media which could be a reason!)

But i guess he was trying to get to these people before they wrote their own opinions on things..

We finally know why Nash was brought into the Club for the short-term... (Makes sense having an outsider look at things, who has a full understanding how a football structure works.)

Who better to give an interview to than the papers that are spouting these rumours in the first place.

These rags have a wide audience of people who wish to see us go down again, and they will read in their own paper, categorically, that we are not

If you want to send a message out to the people who want us harmed, see the Rhecord for a chat.

Pretty good interview in all honesty

If he gave it to RTV then he would be accused of pre planning all questions and edited etc.

He done the right thing IMHO. (tu)

Exactly, best to face your haters and answer in facts, there is nothing they hate more than that...

Edit Meant to multiquote ....

If he gave it to RTV then he would be accused of pre planning all questions and edited etc.

He done the right thing IMHO. (tu)

Exactly, best to face your haters and answer in facts, there is nothing they hate more than that...

Edit Meant to multiquote ....

and supporters get the transparency we all want